Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 AM

972 posts, read 1,332,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Why let facts get in your way? The laws of the time were clear - for both McCain and Obama. (The other fellow is on his own. He can join Alan Keyes in the obscure 3rd party.)

Born in Hawaii to an American citizen mother = U.S. Citizen, and I already provided the relevant federal laws concerning that citizenship issue - the NJ case is dead in the water as soon as it is looked at by a competent judge again (as opposed to Clarence Thomas).

McCain, too, for all that my friend on the left likes to torment you otherwise.
Oh but why are they not complaining about mccain? lol

Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 AM

972 posts, read 1,332,906 times

Old 11-29-2008, 06:36 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,315,256 times
Quote:
Why let facts get in your way? The laws of the time were clear - for both McCain and Obama. (The other fellow is on his own. He can join Alan Keyes in the obscure 3rd party.)

Born in Hawaii to an American citizen mother = U.S. Citizen, and I already provided the relevant federal laws concerning that citizenship issue - the NJ case is dead in the water as soon as it is looked at by a competent judge again (as opposed to Clarence Thomas).

McCain, too, for all that my friend on the left likes to torment you otherwise.
You do realize that our U.S. Constitution requires our President must be a Natural Born Citizen, not just a U.S. Citizen. There IS a difference!

Old 11-29-2008, 06:58 AM

I think you people that don't care if Obama proves he is eligible to be President under our Constitution are mental cases. You should be demanding the truth...something that Obama refuses to reveal. Ever wonder why? Nope, not you!!! That's insane to do and take yourself serious.

If you never get serious and dig for the truth, you are not going to find it. And you will remain uneducated and follow a lying fraud of a man to your own hurt. Obama has nothing good to offer but words you place hope in, and those words are empty promises and are as deceitful as it gets.

Go read about the people in Germany that got sucked into the same thing you are sucked into - the people in Germany of the 1930's. You are just exactly like them!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:02 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,645,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
You do realize that our U.S. Constitution requires our President must be a Natural Born Citizen, not just a U.S. Citizen. There IS a difference!
Yes - my point was that if his mother was a U.S. Citizen and he was born in the United States, it does not matter if his father was a Kenyan, a Russian (Soviet), or a Martian - under the laws of the time, he was born an American - a Natural Born United States Citizen as surely as anybody in the country.

The dual citizenship issue, whether with Kenya or with Great Britain or even with Indonesia, is moot by United States law, which specifies that one cannot lose one's citizenship either at birth or later than birth, through another country's automatic declaration that the individual - whether new-born or in residence later - is a citizen of that other country.

One more time, from the United States State Department - please read it this time:
"Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

"A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, (but) U.S. law does not require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship.

"Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.
"

Kooter, relying the Indonesian school records proves that Obama is a U.S. citizen, because it says he was born in Hawaii.

But, regardless of that, there is no way, legally, for a child of the age Obama was while in Indonesia to lose his U.S. citizenship - it is not a matter of regaining it or renouncing his Indonesian citizenship (which he never had) - because U.S. law did not permit one to citizenship by accident and did not permit a CHILD to lose it by either his own efforts or those of his parent or guardian.

Nor, as per the above, does Obama's father's nationality have anything to do with Obama's status as a Natural Born U.S. Citizen.

Case closed? Can you accept this, assuming for the sake of the discussion that the laws are as I have stated them? (I am not asking you to grant that he was born in Hawaii, merely that if he was born in Hawaii, then he is a natural born United States citizen.)

Old 11-29-2008, 07:12 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,984,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The MSM also "suppress" stories about little green men.
LOL, speaking about "suppressing" stories... if you walk near the Woodley Park metro station in DC you'll encounter a man passing out fliers who is livid that the MSM is covering up the biggest story of all: The fall of the Soviet Union is all a big fat lie!

That's right, if you read his rambling fliers with sentences looping all over the page, you will find out he has "proof" that they tore down the Berlin Wall just to give Americans a false sense of security and any day now the Russkies will be invading!

Oh, and Elvis lives. He just had to go into hiding because he's the one who really shot JFK. The MSM knows it, too, but they're suppressing it.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Go read about the people in Germany that got sucked into the same thing you are sucked into - the people in Germany of the 1930's. You are just exactly like them!
Okay Kooter - I have had enough of THIS particular brand of crap.

I had relatives whose lives were destroyed by the "thing" the people in Germany were "sucked into" in the 1930's. You have one ton of a lot of gall to make that FALSE analogy.

Your specious connections between Obama and Hitler and between the United States of 2008 and Germany at ANY time in the 1930's in offensive to me as an American, but even more so to me as a Jew.

Compare Obama's books with Mein Kampf. Compare Hitler's uber-nationalistic garbage, blaming other people and places for Germany's problems with Obama's verbiage - they are nothing alike in style or substance. They play to different emotions, they lay the blame in different places.

The story you are peddling doesn't fit. It is fear- and hate-mongering, it is disgusting and offensive, and it is unsupportable in rational discourse.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Yes - my point was that if his mother was a U.S. Citizen and he was born in the United States, it does not matter if his father was a Kenyan, a Russian (Soviet), or a Martian - under the laws of the time, he was born an American - a Natural Born United States Citizen as surely as anybody in the country.

The dual citizenship issue, whether with Kenya or with Great Britain or even with Indonesia, is moot by United States law, which specifies that one cannot lose one's citizenship either at birth or later than birth, through another country's automatic declaration that the individual - whether new-born or in residence later - is a citizen of that other country.

One more time, from the United States State Department - please read it this time:
"Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

"A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, (but) U.S. law does not require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship.

"Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship."

Kooter, relying the Indonesian school records proves that Obama is a U.S. citizen, because it says he was born in Hawaii.

But, regardless of that, there is no way, legally, for a child of the age Obama was while in Indonesia to lose his U.S. citizenship - it is not a matter of regaining it or renouncing his Indonesian citizenship (which he never had) - because U.S. law did not permit one to citizenship by accident and did not permit a CHILD to lose it by either his own efforts or those of his parent or guardian.

Nor, as per the above, does Obama's father's nationality have anything to do with Obama's status as a Natural Born U.S. Citizen.

Case closed? Can you accept this, assuming for the sake of the discussion that the laws are as I have stated them? (I am not asking you to grant that he was born in Hawaii, merely that if he was born in Hawaii, then he is a natural born United States citizen.)
Wrong! Yes, it does indeed matter that his father is not a U.S. citizen...even if he was born in Hawaii. Plus, there a multitude of problems with his dual citizenship. We know the outright views of those who wrote the 14th Amendment, their extended commentaries in Congress. Its beyond question. There is no doubt.

There is no question beyond a shadow of doubt what the outcome should be. He is not a "natural born citizen". Educate yourself! See what the difference is for yourself...

The only question is what the Supreme Court will actually do.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,984,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, speaking about "suppressing" stories... if you walk near the Woodley Park metro station in DC you'll encounter a man passing out fliers who is livid that the MSM is covering up the biggest story of all: The fall of the Soviet Union is all a big fat lie!
I dont know about you guys, but I don't waste my time trying to argue with the crazy man on the street corner. He's happy believing what he wants to believe, and I have better things to do. If people have conspiracy theories--who cares? Just try to cross the street quickly so they won't try to start a conversation with you.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Wrong! Yes, it does indeed matter that his father is not a U.S. citizen...even if he was born in Hawaii. Plus, there a multitude of problems with his dual citizenship. We know the outright views of those who wrote the 14th Amendment, their extended commentaries in Congress. Its beyond question. There is no doubt.
Forget it, Kooter.

You have no evidence.

You have no current laws that fit. You have no cases that support your perspective.

You keep making false statements. You do not rebut the laws I quote, merely deny them.

Goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections