Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 06:48 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,137,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Senator Obama currently travels with his US passport. If he were not a US citizen and had in fact renounced his citizenship, he would not have his US passport; nor would he be a senator. (He was first issued a US passport when he was about 6 years old, for his first trip out of the country, to go to Indonesia.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
I'm not saying that Obama is a terrorist, but many of the terrorist associated with 9/11 had US passports and were considered US citizens when they were not....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Wrong. The 9/11 terrorist carried Saudi passports. 9/11 Hijackers: The Passport Scam - TIME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
How many internet myths can a person swallow in a single sitting?

Give me a break.
Notice that the post Kooter responded to said nothing about terrorists; Kooter brought up the terrorist issue as if that was the point raised.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
why does it have to be locked.... Why can't you guys just have a civil debate about it?? Whats the big deal?
It's like debating that the sun comes up in the west, or water flows uphill. There is no debate.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
Ok i'll check into all this, i'll fly rightaway to hawaii and do some investigating, so who's donating the money for my plane fare, food, lodging, bar bill and other goodies.
I should think the RNC!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:25 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
If you ever took the Constitution test, it said that if your parent or parents are Americans that makes you automatically a natural born American. Hawaii became a state in the 1950s, Obama was born in the 60s in Hawaii. Obama is a natural born American, end of story, no if nor buts.
Wrong!

After returning to Hawaii and upon turning 18, Obama could possibly have given up his Indonesian citizenship and become a naturalized U.S. citizen, with proper paperwork filed through the U.S. State Department and by swearing an oath of allegiance to the United States. It is believed by many that Obama did not do so.

If Obama did not relinquish his Indonesian citizenship and become a naturalized U.S. citizen, he remains an Indonesian citizen, and has not been a U.S. citizen since moving to Indonesia in 1966 or 1967. Thus, he is ineligible to be President of the United States. (He would also be ineligible to be a U.S. Senator.) Obama's repeated failure to provide documentation to prove he is a U.S. citizen suggests it does not exist, and he is therefore possibly perpetrating a colossal fraud on the 300 million citizens of the United States. Obama may, in fact, be an illegal resident alien, subject to expulsion from the United States Senate, arrest, and deportation to Indonesia.

This is a very serious matter, and Obama could easily provide the necessary documentation to clear it up once and for all, yet he refuses to do so. His refusal is not only troubling, but suggests he has something to hide.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 PM

2,887 posts, read 7,137,042 times
Quote:
Wrong!

After returning to Hawaii and upon turning 18, Obama could possibly have given up his Indonesian citizenship and become a naturalized U.S. citizen, with proper paperwork filed through the U.S. State Department and by swearing an oath of allegiance to the United States. It is believed by many that Obama did not do so.

If Obama did not relinquish his Indonesian citizenship and become a naturalized U.S. citizen, he remains an Indonesian citizen, and has not been a U.S. citizen since moving to Indonesia in 1966 or 1967. Thus, he is ineligible to be President of the United States. (He would also be ineligible to be a U.S. Senator.) Obama's repeated failure to provide documentation to prove he is a U.S. citizen suggests it does not exist, and he is therefore possibly perpetrating a colossal fraud on the 300 million citizens of the United States. Obama may, in fact, be an illegal resident alien, subject to expulsion from the United States Senate, arrest, and deportation to Indonesia.

This is a very serious matter, and Obama could easily provide the necessary documentation to clear it up once and for all, yet he refuses to do so. His refusal is not only troubling, but suggests he has something to hide.
Your "what he could possibly have done" is fantasy.

Obama now travels with a US Passport. As you acknowledge, he was never naturalized. He has had a US passport since he was about 6. For that passport to have been issued, he had to have been a US citizen. His birth certificate was necessary for that passport to be issued. He has a US Passport now. He is a US citizen. He is a natural born US citizen.

Last edited by suzco; 10-28-2008 at 08:40 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 09:08 PM

873 posts, read 1,589,000 times
I can't help but wonder if Kooter is actually Berg trying to create a storm that doesn't exist.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,526 times
Quote:
Wrong!

Are you bothering to read what I wrote?

Obama could not have given up his U.S. citizenship when he was a child in Indonesia. Unless he explicitly signs a declaration of giving it up or commits treason, then nothing he does causes him to lose his citizenship.

*sigh*

US CODE: Title 8,1481. Loss of nationality by native-born or naturalized citizen; voluntary action; burden of proof; presumptions

Read it and weep.

Sections (A) (1) through (A) (4) require one to be at least 18.
Sections (A) (5) and (A) (6) require one to be "making a formal renunciation of nationality before (an) officer of the United States"
Section (A) (7) requires one to be tried and convicted of treason or other such things.

Please, Kooter, really. And, as I have noted at least twice before, even Indonesian law would have required Obama to be there one more year for his citizenship to change.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:56 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Let's say the truth comes out one way or the other just before election. if its proven he is a US citizen would anybody change their minds and vote for him? If he isn't, or at least not eleigible to be President, would anybody change their minds in your vote for him?
I'm in the camp that has serious doubts there may be something fishy here and Obama has done nothing to dispel these concerns. But if they are untrue, I'd say I was wrong and let it drop. I wouldn't vote for Obama, but I'd be less suspicious of him.
But if they are true, would anybody still vote for the guy? Would you feel used and treated like a fool and would translate to you just not voting or would you still give him a vote as a protest? Or would you vote for McCain as a message?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:52 AM

438 posts, read 965,445 times
I'm not sorting through all these pages..
Phil Berg believes 9-11 was an inside job

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Let's say the truth comes out one way or the other just before election. if its proven he is a US citizen would anybody change their minds and vote for him? If he isn't, or at least not eleigible to be President, would anybody change their minds in your vote for him?
I'm in the camp that has serious doubts there may be something fishy here and Obama has done nothing to dispel these concerns. But if they are untrue, I'd say I was wrong and let it drop. I wouldn't vote for Obama, but I'd be less suspicious of him.
But if they are true, would anybody still vote for the guy? Would you feel used and treated like a fool and would translate to you just not voting or would you still give him a vote as a protest? Or would you vote for McCain as a message?
Probably very few people would change their mind. But that just shows how Americans have changed over the years. If someone with Obama's shady and mysterious background had run for President years ago he never would have even been considered a serious candidate. The American people would have never put up with such shenanigans. Pretty sad for our future! I think we will all pay very dearly for it if Obama becomes President...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections