Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:11 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,376,311 times

Advertisements

I think the end times will come on God's timetable, not ours. I wouldn't think that voting for Obama would CAUSE the end times; but it might be a sign of the end times, simply because in Revelation it describes things that will happen in the end times and one of those things is the establishment of a one-world government, and I think with Obama we are going more in that direction. Most Christians I know aren't afraid of the end times; they are looking forward to it, but they don't think they control when it happens.

Last edited by luzianne; 11-03-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,256,359 times
I'm Catholic but I don't share the belief with some others that the world is going to end within the next few years or anything. Yes we are in the end times, but some people like to assume that the end times means we have just a few years to go or so, whereas the end times could stretch on for many many years and that's what's been happening. Bottom line is it's up to God when Christ will return, people can try to predict all they want but predicting what God will do is not like predicting the weather, no man is capable of knowing exactly when Christ will return.

I think Nobama is full of himself and I think he has and will continue to brainwash a lot of people, but he is not the Anti-Christ. And you know what? I think whoever is in charge of choosing the Anti-Christ will certainly do a better job than many Americans do at choosing Presidents.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,376,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Amen, plus I think Obama acts more like a so called christian than McCain. Obama actually wants to help people in the middle class and lower class.
It doesn't matter how he "acts," it matters what is in his heart. I disagree with you. I think he wants to be president.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 PM

38,705 posts, read 26,515,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I'm Catholic but I don't share the belief with some others that the world is going to end within the next few years or anything. Yes we are in the end times, but some people like to assume that the end times means we have just a few years to go or so, whereas the end times could stretch on for many many years and that's what's been happening. Bottom line is it's up to God when Christ will return, people can try to predict all they want but predicting what God will do is not like predicting the weather, no man is capable of knowing exactly when Christ will return.

I think Nobama is full of himself and I think he has and will continue to brainwash a lot of people, but he is not the Anti-Christ. And you know what? I think whoever is in charge of choosing the Anti-Christ will certainly do a better job than many Americans do at choosing Presidents.
I was with you right up till the end. How do you know if Obama is or isn't the anti-christ?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,256,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I was with you right up till the end. How do you know if Obama is or isn't the anti-christ?
How do you know he is?

I don't believe he is and I'm sticking to that. You or anyone else can't prove he is just as much as I can't prove he isn't. All we can do is form our own opinion.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 PM

18,339 posts, read 26,611,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
There's two different "beasts" in Revelations, of a like mind but two different individuals nonetheless. One is the big anti-Christ as I interpret it, the other has a role in it though. So I have to agree with you. We can't tell until certain things happen.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
How do you know he is?

I don't believe he is and I'm sticking to that. You or anyone else can't prove he is just as much as I can't prove he isn't. All we can do is form our own opinion.
I didn't say he was. I asked how you were so sure he wasn't.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There's two different "beasts" in Revelations, of a like mind but two different individuals nonetheless. One is the big anti-Christ as I interpret it, the other has a role in it though. So I have to agree with you.
I'm my studies of the scriptures "beast" means nation, as in the four beasts of the book of Daniel. I'm a novice so I try to hold off coming to conclusions too soon. Check out my entry a little bit up the thread.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM

78 posts, read 97,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am looking for your thoughts, from a Christian perspective (non-Christians are welcome to comment, also) if you feel that Obama somehow ties into the end times. On a daily basis it seems, I have either talked to someone personally or heard evangelicals stating that people should vote for McCain because if they don't this will trigger the end time events. I already know how some Christians who are not as politically motivated and moreso spiritually motivated feel about this and wanted to bring this issue to the Presidential Election forum. Do you, as a Christian, support McCain, or Obama, and what is your reasoning behind this? Do you feel Obama will take us into the end times? Thanks.

Wow this is a lot to swallow however...

IF... Obama is the one that will bring about the end of times.... then.... it's what he's supposed to do and not voting him into office will not delay the event from occurring so why be so concerned with it?

You don't see people that predict what will happen often saying... well this will happen unless people do a different thing...

It's outrageous to try and understand what's going to cause one thing or another to happen from God's standpoint and then attempt to avoid it because "my schedule is a bit to full for the END OF TIMES..."

lol

Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,462,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brirea View Post
Wow this is a lot to swallow however...

IF... Obama is the one that will bring about the end of times.... then.... it's what he's supposed to do and not voting him into office will not delay the event from occurring so why be so concerned with it?

You don't see people that predict what will happen often saying... well this will happen unless people do a different thing...

It's outrageous to try and understand what's going to cause one thing or another to happen from God's standpoint and then attempt to avoid it because "my schedule is a bit to full for the END OF TIMES..."

lol
My sister was going to vote for him until she watched the evangelicals and read information. The Bible states that there will be someone who deceives the nation. She says she does not want to vote for him because he might be the one. I don't agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections