Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:01 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,447,842 times

Advertisements

I am looking for your thoughts, from a Christian perspective (non-Christians are welcome to comment, also) if you feel that Obama somehow ties into the end times. On a daily basis it seems, I have either talked to someone personally or heard evangelicals stating that people should vote for McCain because if they don't this will trigger the end time events. I already know how some Christians who are not as politically motivated and moreso spiritually motivated feel about this and wanted to bring this issue to the Presidential Election forum. Do you, as a Christian, support McCain, or Obama, and what is your reasoning behind this? Do you feel Obama will take us into the end times? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,481,374 times
I wish these nutty evangelicals would get lost already. It's exactly what America doesn't need more of.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,919,528 times
im not religious. so i hope its not the end of times, lol.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,647,588 times
Well, there seems to be a bit of a conceptual problem here. If it is "time" for the end-times to begin, what would be the point of a delay? Would that imply that you'd want to avoid the end-times altogether, even through that would eliminate the point of having an eschatology in the first place?

This is something I have wondered about for a while.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:16 AM

511 posts, read 659,414 times
The anti christ does not come until the rapture, the curch is still here so cant be him!!! Obama isnt the anti christ. People said Bush was and he isnt either. It's just silly. ugh.

Last edited by driftingthoughts; 11-03-2008 at 11:28 AM..

Old 11-03-2008, 11:16 AM

218 posts, read 547,626 times
religion is a divider of man. Religion is man made and therefore corruptible...religion is the end of times. The Destroyer of life as we know it.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,447,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Well, there seems to be a bit of a conceptual problem here. If it is "time" for the end-times to begin, what would be the point of a delay? Would that imply that you'd want to avoid the end-times altogether, even through that would eliminate the point of having an eschatology in the first place?

This is something I have wondered about for a while.
Interesting. I have thought the same thing. If it is meant to be, it will be. Voting or not voting for a candidate would not stop what was prophecied to happen.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM

471 posts, read 808,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Arrogance View Post
religion is a divider of man. Religion is man made and therefore corruptible...religion is the end of times. The Destroyer of life as we know it.
Name a godless society that has survived.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,528,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Interesting. I have thought the same thing. If it is meant to be, it will be. Voting or not voting for a candidate would not stop what was prophecied to happen.
I don't know, Hitler could have easily have lead to the end. Fighting him stopped that from happening. The Soviet Union/Stalin could have easily lead to the end, keeping it somewhat contained stopped it. It's going to happen if a person believes the Bible, but that doesn't necessarily mean people can't delay it by fighting evil people like Hitler and Stalin. Likewise supporting such people could perhaps speed things up. Maybe. I'm not God so I can only make guesses like this.

I will say this, these people making Obama out to be a messiah, make him sound more like the anti-Christ: http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/

Rather creepy blog if you ask me.

Last edited by arctichomesteader; 11-03-2008 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,589,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post

I will say this, these people making Obama out to be a messiah, make him sound more like the anti-Christ: http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/

Rather creepy blog if you ask me.

Obviously, you don't understand the site is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections