Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,417,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Have you ever travelled outside the US?

What is your opinion on Great Britain?
Those in this country who prefer a war mongering, arrogant, ignorant moron as POTUS are still pissed off about the civil war. Additionally, they are the same ignorant idiots who think its okay to invade Iraq for oil, replace other countries dictators with one that will benefit the US the most, and stomp all over the right to sovereignty of other countries and their citizens. Yet, when 9-11 happened, THEIR president would have the rest of us believe that it was a result of people "hating our freedoms".

Those who fail to remember the past are doomed to repeat it. Thank God for CHANGE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Yes we agree again. In case you missed it the first time I said it, shut up and rep me
Ha, I already repped ya yesterday!

Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,937,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I wonder where these people will direct their anger once the election is over.

Supermarket produce guy: WATCH OUT.
Don't go to a Mcdonalds Drive through! If they see you have a Obama bumpersticker they will spit on your burger!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,409,362 times
Quote:
You people that always argue that forget that we had Great Britain help us in both wars, and France help us give us our independence.
Yes I agree with that,we were allies,we saved each other.WW1 was a tragic farce though all together,and it set in motion the most horrible WW2.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:03 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,159,192 times
From the OP's link:

Quote:
America is electing a new president, but for the Germans, for Europeans, it is electing the next world leader,” said Alexander Rahr, director of the German Council on Foreign Relations.

“We see new challenges coming up, not only Islamic extremism, but a newly resurgent Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea – everywhere there are fires,” he said. “And we, as Europeans, can't solve these problems without America. A world without American leadership is, for most Europeans, a world of chaos.”
Read the last statement carefully. Does that sound like Europe is trying to "tell us what to do" ????? It sounds like they are missing the respect they used to have for us & the leadership they want us to show!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,937,982 times
^But some of these people think that the Brits that died in WW2 were not important.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
We might still be flying the Union Jack if it weren't for those cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
If McCain gets in the world will think America is stuck in the past and a pushover.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:16 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,848,129 times
Quote:
You people that always argue that forget that we had Great Britain help us in both wars, and France help us give us our independence.
Valid points, but let me ask you; what happens to Great Britain if we do not enter WWII? We helped them, not the other way around. I am certainly glad we did, but most of world seems to forget how much we help financially and militarily...far more than any other country. We might not always end up right, but we are on the side of it much more often than not. The reaction tends to be disdain no matter what we do. Maybe we should take an isolation stance as Ron Paul and others suggested and see if the tune changes.
Anyway, congrats on the game last night fellow Steelers fan!
PS- I was able to hang out with Coach Cowher at his Raleigh home for a few hours last spring and he let me hold the Lombardi Trophy he received as coach! Being in NC I do not get many real life Steeler opportunities so it was a great day for me! I wish I could just live a few years in the 'Burgh and experience the whole feeling!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:16 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
From the OP's link:

Read the last statement carefully. Does that sound like Europe is trying to "tell us what to do" ????? It sounds like they are missing the respect they used to have for us & the leadership they want us to show!

Oh...and making sure we do anything to make sure other, less significant countries respect us is far more important than AMerican soverignity eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections