Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 01:20 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,932,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh...and making sure we do anything to make sure other, less significant countries respect us is far more important than AMerican soverignity eh?
LOL, this is such an arrogant statement. LOL. "Less significant countries"!

LOL, this thread should get printed for comic relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 01:21 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
America and the UK are like close cousins. I am a Brit and i also have American residency. I love America and it's people. The only people i find hard to understand are the gun loving pea brained right. They love to live in the past. They are Elitist ( god knows why) and cannot bring themselves into the 21st Century. Tonight Obama will win and hopefully America can do what most of it's Citizens want to do. They want health care for everyone and good schooling for every student. The right will have a tough time with that because they think they exist in a vacuum. The world wants a new fresh leader in America to make America strong and once again the Nation that we all aspire to.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:24 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Germany, where more than 200,000 flocked to see Obama this summer as he moved to burnish his foreign policy credentials during a trip to the Middle East and Europe, the election dominated television ticker crawls, newspaper headlines and Web sites.
Hundreds of thousands prepared to party through the night to watch the outcome of an election having an impact far beyond America's shores. Among the more irreverent festivities planned in Paris: a “Goodbye George” party to bid farewell to Bush.

“Like many French people, I would like Obama to win because it would really be a sign of change,” said Vanessa Doubine, shopping Tuesday on the Champs-Elysees. “I deeply hope for America's image that it will be Obama.”

Europeans had a sense of the momentous change that was about to unfold.

“America is electing a new president, but for the Germans, for Europeans, it is electing the next world leader,” said Alexander Rahr, director of the German Council on Foreign Relations.

“We see new challenges coming up, not only Islamic extremism, but a newly resurgent Russia, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea – everywhere there are fires,” he said. “And we, as Europeans, can't solve these problems without America. A world without American leadership is, for most Europeans, a world of chaos.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20081104-0611-uselections-worldview.html

I couldn't agree more. Good riddance to Bush, the worst POTUS in the history of the free world.
Would that arrogance include the members here who have already determined Obama to be the next President? I was just wondering.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
The New World Order has done its number on you. Of course you would stereotype me as a provincial idiot. Sure we want to be on good terms with other countries, fine.. I get that. What I think is dangerous is when so many people look to Europe, OR ANY OTHER MAJOR COUNTRY, to decide who and what we should be. I was raised by Goldwater Republicans in the 1970s... I love America. I don't care about Europe and never will!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Have you ever been outside of the Southwestern United States? Seriously?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:26 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Would that arrogance include the members here who have already determined Obama to be the next President? I was just wondering.

LOL good point!

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Ha, I already repped ya yesterday!
Alrighty then, thanks!

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
America and the UK are like close cousins. I am a Brit and i also have American residency. I love America and it's people. The only people i find hard to understand are the gun loving pea brained right. They love to live in the past. They are Elitist ( god knows why) and cannot bring themselves into the 21st Century. Tonight Obama will win and hopefully America can do what most of it's Citizens want to do. They want health care for everyone and good schooling for every student. The right will have a tough time with that because they think they exist in a vacuum. The world wants a new fresh leader in America to make America strong and once again the Nation that we all aspire to.

I'm sorry, but you obviously don't know much, if that's what you think. Typical liberal viewpoint! You want everyone to understand and embrace you, but you couldn't be bothered with trying to understand and embrace anyone else that follows the same letter of the law.

Really irksome.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Many Americans need to realize that many countries around the world defeat us in many areas. One is education. America's education system is and has been in trouble. It is indicated in this thread.

Our secondary education system is great though and brings people all around the world to come here for it.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I'm with "the world" on this one. . . . .
On our behalf and against our wishes Bush has been acting like a flaming a-hole toward the rest of the world.

Ignorance and arrogance makes bad foreign policy

Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
The New World Order has done its number on you. Of course you would stereotype me as a provincial idiot. Sure we want to be on good terms with other countries, fine.. I get that. What I think is dangerous is when so many people look to Europe, OR ANY OTHER MAJOR COUNTRY, to decide who and what we should be. I was raised by Goldwater Republicans in the 1970s... I love America. I don't care about Europe and never will!!!!!

You don't care about Europe

Give it a break. Your ignorance is amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections