Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,881,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Many Americans need to realize that many countries around the world defeat us in many areas. One is education. America's education system is and has been in trouble. It is indicated in this thread.

Our secondary education system is great though and brings people all around the world to come here for it.
I tried to rep you but need to spread it around first. Your statements here have been dead on accurate.

It's easy to pick out those posters who seem to think the world is still spinning in 1952 instead of 2008. Everything is global. GLOBAL. What happens here doesn't stay here; our decisions impact the rest of the world. Of course Europeans (and others) care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 02:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
What happens here doesn't stay here; our decisions impact the rest of the world. Of course Europeans (and others) care.
Kind of like the global recession that started here. The rest of the world did nothing worse but invest in our economy, and look where it got them.

If anything, it should be them telling us to **** off, not the other way around.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:41 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Kind of like the global recession that started here. The rest of the world did nothing worse but invest in our economy, and look where it got them.

If anything, it should be them telling us to **** off, not the other way around.

If you hate America so much...why do you live here?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:43 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Who thinks we are still in the "Wild West"? Not sure what you mean by this comment.
America is now in the 21st Century. Commerce is the key to a strong country.
Growing up in the UK i know the respect that the UK and Europe had for America. I remember the night Kennedy was Assassinated (day in the USA). All of our tv Chanel's were switched off in respect of a great American President. As children we were in Awe at things like American comics, toys, tv programmes. As teenagers and young people we were amazed at American cars, American ideas, the space race and American "cool". Anything American was looked at as well made, futuristic and innovative.
NOT today. America looks fragile. American goods have been submerged with chinese producers, factories and know how. American tv programmes are either violant or silly sitcoms. Americans are now looked upon as greedy and self obsessed gun happy materialistic losers. America is up to it's neck in debt to China and depends on the middle east for it's gas and fuel.
This is soooo sad. America has become so "biopic" and insular. Seeing people on here saying things like "who needs Europe"? or "who cares what other Countries think" is the remarks of people who fear the outside world. The world is now small and every part of it can be reached in seconds on the world wide web or satellite.
To mock a leader who will be prepaired to talk before jumping into a war is also very sad. As i said earlier, America is no longer the "wild west". Running around the country armed to the teeth to fight the native American Indians will no longer solve your problems. Diplomacy and inter nation cooperation is what makes a country successful not the ownership of a gun or the attitude that America can fight the world and become successful.
American people are the key to success. Everyday American people who now venture into the world and aren't afraid of knowledge that can be gained from abroad. Everyday American people who can feel that America cares for them as much as it cares for big corporations and huge company profits.
America has never been lower in respect from the world and the fact that America is now in debt to foreign nations and it's economy is falling apart is not just a coincidence.
America was the greatest country in the World. It can be again. The people of America are the best in the world but are being suffocated by elitist ethics and wall street greed. Let's hope Obama will now shake of the Elitist corruption encrusted cloak that hangs over America and re-awakens the "American Spirit". I, for one, would love to see the Amazing America that i saw from all those miles away when i was young.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:44 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,937,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
If you hate America so much...why do you live here?
I don't think he hates America. There is nothing wrong with pointing out what needs fixed in the country.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:49 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I don't think he hates America. There is nothing wrong with pointing out what needs fixed in the country.
I say that because the poster is blaming America for Foreign entities investing in us and then those same foreign entities having every right to cuss us out because they lost money..that seems wrong

Old 11-04-2008, 02:53 PM

281 posts, read 447,271 times
They were lied to, of course they are pissed off and they have every right to be. Subprime loans were given an AAA-rating and then sold to foreign banks, who then lost billions upon billions.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM

343 posts, read 510,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Well, I am afraid the german "conservative" leaders would be considered liberals here. In fact they are trying to outdo the social democrats in some instances, such as giving more "kindergeld" to families etc.
Conservatives seem to think that conservatives and liberals hold the same views throughout the world, which is very wrong. Conservatives in Europe are American liberals and liberals in Europe would be too liberal to be elected in America.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,581,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elorocks17 View Post
if you hate america so much...why do you live here?
death to amerika! Jihad! Jihad!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:56 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,937,982 times
Americans took so much by using credit, we were so greedy, and lived lifestyles that most could not afford. I am ticked at the way Americans lived also. I always hated the American dream of sprawl, build houses, own two cars, and put it all on credit when you can't afford it.

This was not the American's my grandfathers knew and worked for. What is wrong with pointing that out? Am I being un-Pro American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections