Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Extremely well put! I swear... if this man was given the [rightful] full support of his political party, I would have hit the pavement every day spreading the word. It is why I registered Republican in the primaries. But the neo-cons attempted to smear him as a kook early on, p1$$ed me off to no end... I guess that is when my disenchantment to the 'new Republican' ideals took full shape. I guess now I can only imagine the values he would have brought back to the base, with strong fiscal policies; a Government that truly answers to the people, and a solid currency
I did hit the pavement and worked for his campaign and I still do the best I can to progress his brand of conservatism. I don't agree with Paul on a number of things but by and large, of all the politicians out there, he is one of more honorable statesmen to ever reside in our government and for that I'll always respect the guy, regardless of what others may think of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Actually as a RP supporter who is sad he didn't get to the white house I still say it was not for nothing.Before his campaign I didn't know about him,now I am inspired by him as many more are also.

He still is a voice in DC,a rare honest voice.And who knows what the future holds.Don't feel sorry for him,feel sorry for yourself if anything because you voted the cautious route.You wanted change and may have got "some" but mostly America got more of the same

Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM

668 posts, read 2,357,932 times
The only true American still involed in politics today...

Old 11-05-2008, 09:31 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The anarchist gave him that name not republicans.
Who, the little bottom feeding rat: Goog-lee-ani? Or was it Fred Thompson? They both insulted him at the primary debates... so did McCain.

I know that you want a certain someone to be responsible for everything you dislike, but it just ain't so... Some of the most miserable attitudes toward Paul besides the aforementioned came from folks like Hannity: Neo-Cons.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Who, the little bottom feeding rat: Goog-lee-ani? Or was it Fred Thompson? They both insulted him at the primary debates... so did McCain.

I know that you want a certain someone to be responsible for everything you dislike, but it just ain't so... Some of the most miserable attitudes toward Paul besides the aforementioned came from folks like Hannity: Neo-Cons.
If anarchist weren't destroying the city what would they have said about him?

I like RP on almost everything except isolationism. I don't really understand your hate for me or maybe it's an obsession

Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
I like RP on almost everything except isolationism.
It's not isolationism. He just thinks we could do foreign policy better, smarter, cheaper. Like Letters of Marque and Reprisal instead of invasion and nation building. And trade, not bribery.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,534 times
Quote:
If anarchist weren't destroying the city what would they have said about him?
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Quote:
I like RP on almost everything except isolationism.
You're in luck. RP never was, or is an isolationist. That would be Bush Foreign and Bush Economic Policy

Quote:
I don't really understand your hate for me or maybe it's an obsession
What do you mean? You did post here, in a thread I posted to make a baseless, but nevertheless, incendiary remark to me. You do follow me sometimes to other CD forums, do you not? I think you have many things 'twisted'. Maybe that's why you confused RP for isolationist, or you think the demise of RP presidential campaign rests on the shoulders of the Libs?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
I give compliments and praise and you attack.....

Good luck in your misguided adventures.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Lets keep this about Ron Paul shall we.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:03 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,360 times
Quote:
Extremely well put! I swear... if this man was given the [rightful] full support of his political party, I would have hit the pavement every day spreading the word. It is why I registered Republican in the primaries. But the neo-cons attempted to smear him as a kook early on, p1$$ed me off to no end... I guess that is when my disenchantment to the 'new Republican' ideals took full shape. I guess now I can only imagine the values he would have brought back to the base, with strong fiscal policies; a Government that truly answers to the people, and a solid currency
Same here! Oh and most important, Ron Paul was absolutely right when he said we have to stop sending BILLIONS of dollars to the Middle East to fight the Iraq war, and instead invest in our own country!

McCain who seemed to be unable to envision a day that the US would leave Iraq, in spite of our economy crumbling around us was THE DECIDING FACTOR FOR ME!

I really wanted Ron Paul to win the Republican primary because frankly I did not believe a woman or a black man would ever be elected president (the apparent Democratic strong contenders).

but he was ridiculed by the likes of Guiliani, and the neo-con commentators. It was like watching self cannibalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections