Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,133,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Hum, even though I voted for the other guy and am nore than man enough to stand for that decision, I am at least glad to see some one willing to stand up and defend their choice (vote) with violence if necessary. By the way, Kerry really wasnt a hero in the finest sense of the word, but I think that is a different discussion.
I never said he was a hero,that's not a word I bandy about easily nor do I give the label out for free like so many others do.I merely said that he actually DID serve as opposed to the alternative candidate and his VP.A simple and true statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 AM

493 posts, read 720,140 times
Look this thread is becoming uncivil. I'm going to ask the moderator to close it.

Maybe I was at fault for sharing it here, but I thought maybe that would bring other accounts out, and this is the only political community that I am a part of and my neighbors outburst reminded me of some of the folks here and what I read and partake in here, so I came here to report what happened.

I should have known that the McCain supporters would react defensively and maybe had Obama lost we would have reacted the same, so if I was being insensitive by posting it here I apologize and maybe I should have just kept it to myself, but it was just a shocking display IN MY OWN HOUSE and I guess I will know better next time and just keep it to myself!

MODERATORS PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD...

Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,048,363 times
So when you say "keep it to yourself" I expect from you to not ring the law for assistance.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:25 AM

167 posts, read 454,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am an Obama supporter and a liberal. BUT, I am also an Evangelical Christian. And the remarks coming from so many on this board that mock my faith make me very uncomfortable about ever fitting in with the democratic party. I know that I don't fit in with the neo cons. But if the anti-religious strain is so pronounced in the democratic party as it appears to be on this board, then I don't belong there either. Very sad. We have much in common and could accomplish much together. But my faith is more important to me than anything else and the mocking of it is a deal breaker to me. You don't have to believe too but why do you feel the need to mock those of us who do?
Please continue to be a Democrat and believe what you do. This board does not reflect the views of mainstream. You yourself have enlightened me because I felt the same with the REpublican party being hateful and religious. I am a woman of faith. I am not a Christian but I do believe in God, I just question the Bible. But, my religious views should be separate of my political views.

WE as a country need to unite as one. work together and make this country better for the future.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:27 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,048,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasulady View Post
WE as a country need to unite as one. work together and make this country better for the future
Too late.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,677,199 times
I'm sorry your neighbor is an idiot. But lets not pretend she is a republican or a conservative. She may have voted for mccain, but that was in direct response to hillary getting screwed in the primaries, not because she agrees with mccains political ideology.
So where does all this red state bashing come into play? The woman in question was a blue state living democrat who is bitter about hilary being robbed in the democratic primaries. Nothing more.
Maybe we should start lambasting democrat feminists? Are you in, who?me? ?

Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,488,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
She's referring to the FACT (not something easily dealt with here) that the ORIGINAL post called the neighbor a Hillary supporter. Then a bunch of people came in accusing McCain supporters of this behavior. After it was pointed out (more than once) that the neighbor was a Clinton supporter, the original post was changed to say the neighbor was a Clinton-turned-McCain supporter.

Again, some folks are having a hard time reading, comprehending and just "keeping up" in general.
Whatever....the FACT remains that she's still insane whether a Hillary supporter or McCain supporter.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:40 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,135,665 times
I am sorry that a fellow Democrat attacked you and your political beliefs. She had no right in doing what she did and I commend you for not kicking the crap out of her.

I just hope one day that Democrat on Democrat violence will stop.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:51 AM

302 posts, read 581,954 times
hillary supporter? Sounds more like a racist democrat than a republican to me. We just got her by default-(racists come in all political parties ya know). The craziness was the clue, most republicans will get on with business no matter the outcome of the election. They won't spend the next 4-8 years whining.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:24 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,300,083 times
This is exactly why I don't talk politics:
1) At Work
2) With Friends
3) With Neighbors
4) With Anyone I know

On a message board at least I have some annonymity about my views.

Fortunately I'm a conservative living in a Red state so my views will come off as mainstream and less as a radical. Expressing my opinions wouldn't fly so well in New York or Los Angeles. So when traveling I tend to keep my mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections