Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:51 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,303,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Probably not. I wouldn't walk up to a Hell's Angel and tell him he was ugly, either. So what? I don't associate with violent crumbs in the first place.
Such a manly answer...................so what......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 10:32 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,034,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Again, some folks are having a hard time reading, comprehending and just "keeping up" in general.
Some people are violating the TOS with snide personal attacks.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,393,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
It is totally UNSAFE to engage in political conversation with neighbors, especially if you are an Obama supporter living in a RED STATE!!!!!

My neighbor, I think just had all of this emotion pent up since Tuesday night and came over to talk about tulips with me, that she wanted to give me some and QUICKLY got onto the subject of the election. She knew that I was an Obama supporter ever since the primaries. She is a disaffected Hillary supporter ok... Anyways she was snipey and said

"I bet you're excited huh?.... Your guy won... uhhhh I dunno' but hey what can we do now... the people spoke."

Then I just said some positive things, no gloating here, but I said that we all needed to come together and he will need our help.

My GOD that just set it off, everything that she was holding in came out. She called me a name in my own house, brought me to tears, because this neighbor is a friend. My husband came down stairs let the dog out on her and I got upset with him, so he took the dog and locked her up and then confronted our neighbor and I mean the discussion was heated. I got nervous, sat in the living room.

They went back and forth for atleast 40 minutes, he was close to kicking her out when they began to talk about the war in Iraq. She said, we should just bomb them up, get what they owe us and get the hell out of there. " My husband is a very peaceful person and this turned him beat red. I never saw him this angry before and he was going to throw her out, but instead decided to educate her. I mean it was almost impossible, but he made a little headway and she just got to the point where she felt like crap and came and gave me a hug in tears for being so mean to me.

I still feel a little awful, but please be careful before engaging in political talk with McCain supporters who are deeply affected by the outcome... it's worse when the supporter was a disaffected Hillary voter too
Actually....it sounds like she was a HILLARY supporter. You mentioned that several times in your post. If she truly did vote for McCain, it sounds as if she did so out of none support for Obama because her gal lost the nomination. Please keep things in perspective.

Another note...saying it's "unsafe" is a little reactionary. She HUGGED you...not assaulted you. While tempers may have flaired, she did nothing but hurt your feelings. You can't control others actions, but you can control how you respond to them. Only you can figure out how to handle your end better.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,507,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Such a manly answer...................so what......
I take it you commonly call Hell's Angels ugly? OK, you got me beat. You're a stud muffin of vast masculinity. Feel better now?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,303,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I take it you commonly call Hell's Angels ugly? OK, you got me beat. You're a stud muffin of vast masculinity. Feel better now?
beats being a limpid dork.................do you feel better now???

Old 11-12-2008, 07:37 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
APJ, you've gotten upset on here before for people "mistaking" you for a McCain supporter. Just a word to the wise, but you might want to start wondering why so many people think you're a McCain supporter/Obama detractor. That's a simple heads-up and nothing more as I can see this frustrates you.
Oh, I know exactly why they think, if one wants to call it actually thinking, that I support McCain. It is called following their talking points and not thinking at all. I am conservative, something that most in here are not. You see, the liberals, in here anyway, like to think that if someone doesn't agree with them about everything then they are automatically a McCain supporter. They can't imagine that some people actually think for themselves and are independent. They can't imagin that because they are not.

Of course the liberals in here fail to admit when I have already said, a number of times in fact, that I wish Obama well and that all of us need to give him a chance to see how he does. They would not be happy unless I, and other people who were and are against Obama, we give in to their liberal point of view in every manner.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,661,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Oh, I know exactly why they think, if one wants to call it actually thinking, that I support McCain. It is called following their talking points and not thinking at all. I am conservative, something that most in here are not. You see, the liberals, in here anyway, like to think that if someone doesn't agree with them about everything then they are automatically a McCain supporter. They can't imagine that some people actually think for themselves and are independent. They can't imagin that because they are not.

Of course the liberals in here fail to admit when I have already said, a number of times in fact, that I wish Obama well and that all of us need to give him a chance to see how he does. They would not be happy unless I, and other people who were and are against Obama, we give in to their liberal point of view in every manner.

I wish I could rep you for that!
Too many obama supporters have a 'you're either with us or against us' mentality that also cannot accept any other political party beyond reps and dems....
It is frustrating.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,035,717 times
Quote:
I got nervous, sat in the living room.
I despise women who let their husbands fight their battles or arguments. Too cowardly, I guess.

Of course, it's much easier to send your "man" out to get in the face and try to intimidate a woman.

Why couldn't YOU go deal with her?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,450,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
It is totally UNSAFE to engage in political conversation with neighbors, especially if you are an Obama supporter living in a RED STATE!!!!!

My neighbor, I think just had all of this emotion pent up since Tuesday night and came over to talk about tulips with me, that she wanted to give me some and QUICKLY got onto the subject of the election. She knew that I was an Obama supporter ever since the primaries. She is a disaffected Hillary supporter ok... Anyways she was snipey and said

"I bet you're excited huh?.... Your guy won... uhhhh I dunno' but hey what can we do now... the people spoke."

Then I just said some positive things, no gloating here, but I said that we all needed to come together and he will need our help.

My GOD that just set it off, everything that she was holding in came out. She called me a name in my own house, brought me to tears, because this neighbor is a friend. My husband came down stairs let the dog out on her and I got upset with him, so he took the dog and locked her up and then confronted our neighbor and I mean the discussion was heated. I got nervous, sat in the living room.

They went back and forth for atleast 40 minutes, he was close to kicking her out when they began to talk about the war in Iraq. She said, we should just bomb them up, get what they owe us and get the hell out of there. " My husband is a very peaceful person and this turned him beat red. I never saw him this angry before and he was going to throw her out, but instead decided to educate her. I mean it was almost impossible, but he made a little headway and she just got to the point where she felt like crap and came and gave me a hug in tears for being so mean to me.

I still feel a little awful, but please be careful before engaging in political talk with McCain supporters who are deeply affected by the outcome... it's worse when the supporter was a disaffected Hillary voter too
Oh good grief it is very clear that SHE is the nut, it has nothing to do with who she supported.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,925,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I wish I could rep you for that!
Too many obama supporters have a 'you're either with us or against us' mentality that also cannot accept any other political party beyond reps and dems....
It is frustrating.
Appears that both sides paint with a broad stroke. Personally, I find the 'conservatives' more sanctimonious and entitled when they do the 'everyone who supports Obama.....'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections