Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:02 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times

Advertisements

I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but shouldnt we be careful about saying just how many people will be there? If a terrorist wants to kill a large amount of Americans, that would be the perfect spot. I am not trying to hijack or troll this thread, but remember we arent out of the woods yet as far as the war on terror goes. I hope to god that security is tight as never before and that it goes problem free. I have been to the Mall and the shear thought of 4 million people there almost frightens me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
OIC so instead of watching it at your home you can fly to DC and watch it on TV there. Makes plenty of sense.
It ain't the view, it's the atmosphere.

Ken

Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
What a bunch of petty comments.

Jealousy is ugly.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
heh, no kidding. they're also cancelling schools and giving federal workers a holiday on account of this. yay for efficient government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Pray for freezing rain and/or an ice storm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Everybody, think Blizzard on 1/20.

Do you all feel better now that the tantrums are over???

No matter what the weather...OBAMA WILL STILL BE PRESIDENT!!!!!And Democrats will be HAPPY and YOU won't.

And as for the ridiculous """yay for efficient government"" grunting that was posted......haven't paid much attention the last 8 years, have ya?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Do you all feel better now that the tantrums are over???
Yeah, definitely a few childish sore losers on this site, that's for sure.

Quote:
No matter what the weather...OBAMA WILL STILL BE PRESIDENT!!!!!And Democrats will be HAPPY and YOU won't.
I KNOW I will be.

Quote:
And as for the ridiculous """yay for efficient government"" grunting that was posted......haven't paid much attention the last 8 years, have ya?
Clearly not. Going out the door is one of the most inefficient and incompetent Administrations in US history - and not a moment too soon. America is going to be not limping - but rather crawling on hands and knees (gasping for breath and utterly exhausted) to the finish line of this Administration. Junior has wrecked our international standing overseas, looted and devastated our once-solid financial footing, and left us an economy crippled by the worst recession since the Great Depression.

The good news is - HE WILL BE GONE.

Thank GOD for small miracles.

Ken

Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
tell your grandkids what? you were at the swearing in of the next bad president? what makes you think I can't tell them that now? we have a lot of people on these forums who are doctors and lawyers don't cha know!? I can tell people whatever I want.

what is this atmosphere you speak of? large crowd in already crowded city that elected a crack head for mayor? sounds like the place I want to be to watch something as boring as the swearing in of the next bad president. liberals are quaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Just you. I know a ton of people who want to go but can't. The point of going is just being in that atmosphere and experiencing it. Something you can tell your grandkids and great-grandkids. It's not all about having the front-row view.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,515 times
What will cost more ? security for obama for the next 4 years or the total cost of the war in Iraq?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
4 million people? I've heard more like 3... but still, that's a restroom nightmare.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:25 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
I'm going back up to Virginia, and in addition to me the kids have 12 other people camping out at their house. Sleeping bags all over the place--it's going to be one great party.

I'm mostly going to have fun in the crowd, like going to Times Square on New Years Eve. I doubt I'll actually see Obama (unless it's from a tv screen). But the atmosphere should be electric. I'm more worried about the cold than the number of people. But hey, millions of people means there'll be extra body warmth.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:28 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Pray for freezing rain and/or an ice storm.
LOL, hey let's ask those Focus on the Family people to pray for rain, like they did for the Denver Convention. That's the way to guarantee wonderful weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections