Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:37 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,483,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Haha, didn't think of it that way.

Still, have 4 million people ever congregated in one place...ever?
Not in the U.S. that I know of... I can't imagine there'd be any sort of reasonable security or effective crowd control for that many people... let alone port-o-potties (or enough toilet paper). Hope there's not a stampede...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 03:39 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,359,847 times
I was at Bush's 2000 inaguration (voted for Phillips) and it was insanely crowded in Washington, I cannot imagine how awful it will be with 8-10x the people!

Is anyone else worried that with all those people, the security will be low and something could happen? I know I am, I've seen the hatred on these boards...

Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,027,156 times
Well, Metro is used to dealing with crowds. They have inaugurations and other major events in DC all the time. And it's a PITA, but you just get into the spirit of it and it's ok. Clinton's inauguration resulted in 811,000 riders. (Interestingly, ridership has been even higher than that this year simply due to the high price of gas. They had an all-time record ridership of more than 854,000 just this July for no reason except the cost of gas.)

I think it will be a long evening, but not a nightmare. I'll let you know the next morning. Of course, if you don't see a post from me.... well, it might be safe to assume I'm still waiting for a train.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,590,464 times
I wish I could be there - but I live hundreds of miles away - and I can't take time off from work!!!

But I'm sure he'll set a record for largest inauguration crowd ever!!

Boy, will that aggravate the Obama haters!!!

Don't you just love it!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:18 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,889,463 times
not really. I will take comfort knowing that the brain dead masses are sitting in horrible DC traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I wish I could be there - but I live hundreds of miles away - and I can't take time off from work!!!

But I'm sure he'll set a record for largest inauguration crowd ever!!

Boy, will that aggravate the Obama haters!!!

Don't you just love it!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
not really. I will take comfort knowing that the brain dead masses are sitting in horrible DC traffic.
Of course you are referring to all the Bush Republicans driving in that day to get their pink slips...

Old 11-20-2008, 04:40 PM

there is no recession in that area. do a little homework. the federal government doesn't produce jobs, they can only destroy them.

Quote:
Of course you are referring to all the Bush Republicans driving in that day to get their pink slips...

Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
there is no recession in that area. do a little homework. the federal government doesn't produce jobs, they can only destroy them.
I think a lot of Bush political appointees and their minions in various government departments are going to be given the old heave-ho that day...

Don't be surprised if they cause the mother of all traffic jams..

Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM

and replaced by more minions. you have no idea about how washington traffic works.

Quote:
I think a lot of Bush political appointees and their minions in various government departments are going to be given the old heave-ho that day...

Don't be surprised if they cause the mother of all traffic jams..

Old 11-20-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
and replaced by more minions. you have no idea about how washington traffic works.
It's change we can believe in baby!!! Go Obama political appointees and their new hires!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections