Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow, he's the quintessential thug politico from the Chicago Land of Thugs and has zero experience at the same time? Now that's impressive!
Truly. Just takes lotsa backing and planning behind the scenes by the leftist/marxist millionaires who picked him as their puppet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Truly. Just takes lotsa backing and planning behind the scenes by the leftist/marxist millionaires who picked him as their puppet.
Uh oh!! "behind the scenes" "marxist"...Yippie...More Obama boogeyman rhetoric

Old 11-20-2008, 10:54 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I think it's pathetic that you Dems have nothing else to throw at us but "sore loser." Obama made campaign promises that he is now breaking 2 weeks after the election and before he has even taken office. And if we point it out we are "sore losers?" Right.
Keep in mind that none of the die hard Obama supporters ever believed his promises. They just played along so that they could sucker as many independents and Acorn registered street people with no knowledge so that they could help Obama win. Now that he has won, most of them hope he was lying about being bipartisan and working with everybody. They want him to swerve as far left as possible as quickly as possible. That is why you won't see them bothered by Obama's lies. They were hoping he was lying anyway and that he would turn out as far left as his voting records and associations have shown him to be.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:58 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
Why is anyone surprised? This is what politicians do, Obama's the quintessential thug politico from the Chicago Land of Thugs. Take off the rose-colored glasses. This is what half the country wanted, now they are getting a taste of their messiah's antics. Look for even more fun times, ain't goin' away any time soon...
Every single time I read a post like the above, I am more and more positive that Obama may end up being one of the greatest presidents this country has ever had!!!

Just think of all the frustrated Obama haters who are solidly in the Republican shrinking minority (now you see it, now you don't ) - where they really can't do much of anything - except maybe get arrested for disturbing the peace...

I believe that Obama is going to unite the country as it hasn't been united in a long time - and I am sure we will be much better off as a nation 8 years from now under his leadership...

Old 11-20-2008, 10:58 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I don't care at all if Obama has to break or modify campaign promises. I trust his judgement and know that he has the greater good of the country in mind when he does this, and is only doing so because of the mess we are facing thanks to Dubya...

Sometimes when the situation you are facing changes (as with the Bush Republican economy going to H**L in a Handbag at warp speed), you have to adapt - that's called being smart.

Bush, on the other hand, shot from the hip and just did whatever he wanted without regard for the consequences to the country... like deceptively selling us on the most disastrous and costly foreign-policy blunder of my lifetime - the completely needless War in Iraq... which has cost over 4000 US Dead, tens of thousands of U.S. wounded, and will total well over $2 Trillion when all the costs are added up...

So NOPE, I don't CARE one itsy bit if Obama is being forced to modify the substance or timing of campaign promises.. he's merely reacting to a rapidly deteriorating national & world situation that the Bush team is leaving him and us...

And I LOVE the cabinet picks Obama's made to date. I think they are all very good choices and will do a great job!!!

And I beg to differ big time with you - you absolutely cannot handle that Obama was elected - almost every single post you make clearly demonstrates an irrational resentment and hatred of the man...

My suggestion is to JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!

Regardless whether you do or not, the majority of us will be enjoying the Obama Presidency!!!
Being smart is paying attention to what the administration does and questioning its moves.

Not caring if he breaks or modifies all his promises is not being very smart.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Why is anyone surprised? This is what politicians do, Obama's the quintessential thug politico from the Chicago Land of Thugs. Take off the rose-colored glasses. This is what half the country wanted, now they are getting a taste of their messiah's antics. Look for even more fun times, ain't goin' away any time soon...
...If you want to talk about "thugs", the worst thugs are currently sitting in the White House right now.... Obama is doing what he feels is best for the country right now. Our country has gone to hell thanks to Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and their cronies.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:03 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Every single time I read a post like the above, I am more and more positive that Obama may end up being one of the greatest presidents this country has ever had!!!

Just think of all the frustrated Obama haters who are solidly in the Republican shrinking minority (now you see it, now you don't ) - where they really can't do much of anything - except maybe get arrested for disturbing the peace...

I believe that Obama is going to unite the country as it hasn't been united in a long time - and I am sure we will be much better off as a nation 8 years from now under his leadership...

Obama will not be uniting anything except our enemies abroad....

Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Being smart is paying attention to what the administration does and questioning its moves.

Not caring if he breaks or modifies all his promises is not being very smart.
Being smart is getting in the face of those who seem genetically pre-dispositioned to hate our first black president and only want him to fail - nothing more...

All politicians break or stretch campaign promises - Obama has a lot more sound reason to do so than any president in my lifetime - because of the historical financial mess the Republicans have created - so I don't care if he has to go back on some campaign promises if he has a valid reason to do so...

Firmly holding someone to all their campaign promises in light of a radically escalating financial meltdown they are inheriting is definitely not smart...

If the Bush supporters and Republican Congress had only questioned the current administration - we wouldn't even be having this conversation...

Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Like Bush?....please, spare me.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I disagree completely...

It is totally obvious that he has already united a small, insignificant lot of Obama haters to unite together!!! I just hope they stay away from the rest of us!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections