Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 PM

972 posts, read 1,332,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I think you would be hard pressed to fine an Obama supporter more dedicated to his election on this board than me. And, I have no problem with paying attention to who makes up his administration and ultimately what that administration does. But having said that, all I can see in the current round of sniping is either the harding of the truly naive, folks who paid absolutely no attention to the campaign, or the willfully stupid.

1. When it comes to finding competent Democratic candidates for top level positions, the only group that has had any chance of gaining such experience were those who served under Clinton. The next set of Democrats would have to drawn from the Carter Administration, if they are still alive.

2. Anyone who paid attention during the early days of the elections would recognize the large number of former Clinton appointees who supported the Obama campaign. They may have been Clinton employees but they were some of the first to get behind Obama's message.

3. Obama sets the tone and direction, whether his appointees are former Clinton staffers, or Bush appointees (as you know some are being inserted throughout the government through civil service) they will have to march to the drum beat of the POTUS.

PS - I'm not thrilled about Hillary as Sec of State, I doubt that I will be thrilled about everything that Obama does, but the devil isn't in the details and appointments are details.
Im pretty sure most people who voted for him expected him to use some Clinton admin people. If he didnt these hate-mongers would be calling him jimmy carter using people that had no experience.. they are sore losers and want to complain is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 06:51 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,485,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Sorry, but a lot of what you blame on Bush is not Bush's fault. I know Michael Moore told you it is; but the truth is, it is not. The war: The Democrats were for it too - remember? Including Bill Clinton. And I think he did fine by finishing the story he was reading instead of running out of the room in a panic. There wasn't anything he could do in a matter of minutes; he finished what he was doing and then addressed the problem. He couldn't really announce to the school children that America was being attacked. I think he handled it well. Wreck the economy: Uh, no. Bush did not wreck the economy. Katrina victims: Those people failed to evacuate like BUSH told them to. Blame Nagin, not Bush. Also, how come the residents of OTHER communities on the gulf coast other than New Orleans, instead of screaming for money and help, got off their asses and HELPED THEMSELVES? The people in New Orleans got almost ALL of the aid that went for victims of Katrina, and they were the people who cried and whined the most. I don't think Bush did anything that he meant for the detriment of the country. But some of you are so blinded by your hatred that you can't see that. So your opinion doesn't matter.
Maybe I missed something. Isn't George Bush the President? Didn't he sign something sending us to war...I can't..You're just insane..Bush did nothing wrong, blah, blah, blah..

As for blaming poor people for not being able to hop in their Range Rovers and head to their vacation home, you've shown your true colors. They went to the Superdome as instructed but the storm was too strong and their President left them their to rot.. Those other people weren't in the "fish bowl" that New Orleans turned into. They rode out a hurricane not a flood..This has been one of your worst post..You can't possibly be in this level of denial about Bush. Moderator cut: Personal Attack

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 11-21-2008 at 05:51 AM..

Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 PM

972 posts, read 1,332,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Maybe I missed something. Isn't George Bush the President? Didn't he sign something sending us to war...I can't..You're just insane..Bush did nothing wrong, blah, blah, blah..

As for blaming poor people for not being able to hop in their Range Rovers and head to their vacation home, you've shown your true colors. They went to the Superdome as instructed but the storm was too strong and their President left them their to rot.. Those other people weren't in the "fish bowl" that New Orleans turned into. They rode out a hurricane not a flood..This has been one of your worst post..You can't possibly be in this level of denial about Bush. Are you his baby mama or something?
here luz
Eyeballing Katrina Dead 01 (http://cryptome.quintessenz.at/mirror/katdead-01/katrina-dead-01.htm - broken link)

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The American Red Cross, Southern Baptist Convention, Salvation Army, Oxfam, Common Ground Collective, Emergency Communities, Habitat for Humanity, Service International, "A River of Hope" and many other charitable organizations provided help to the victims of the storm. They were not allowed into New Orleans proper by the National Guard for several days after the storm because of safety concerns. These organizations raised $4.25 billion (USD) in donations by the public, with the Red Cross receiving over half of the donations.[117]
They were KEPT in N.O. by GUNPOINT, They kept AID OUT FOR NO REASON.

To make matters worse those people that couldnt get in their nice cars and drive out were the OLD, THE DISABLED AND THE POOR !They were forced by GUN-POINT even if they lived to walk out -- to stay in N.O. and starve to death, no water, without proper shelter, wound treatment, medication.. NOTHING.

This was an absolute DISGRACE in which BUSH is guilty of. I suggest you check yourself. Youre being a total hater maniac.

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-20-2008 at 07:42 PM..

Old 11-20-2008, 09:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,303,736 times
Quote:

As for blaming poor people for not being able to hop in their Range Rovers and head to their vacation home, you've shown your true colors. They went to the Superdome as instructed but the storm was too strong and their President left them their to rot.. Those other people weren't in the "fish bowl" that New Orleans turned into. They rode out a hurricane not a flood..This has been one of your worst post..You can't possibly be in this level of denial about Bush. Are you his baby mama or something?
HELLLLOO. Ray Nagin had buses available for FIVE DAYS before Katrina that he could have loaded people onto and gotten them out of New Orleans. If you want to blame someone, blame him. Those people were ordered to evacuate. There were buses available to evacuate them. How is that Bush's fault?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,587,531 times
Quote:
HELLLLOO. Ray Nagin had buses available for FIVE DAYS before Katrina that he could have loaded people onto and gotten them out of New Orleans. If you want to blame someone, blame him. Those people were ordered to evacuate. There were buses available to evacuate them. How is that Bush's fault?
HELLLLLOOO!!! An unconditional Bush backer to the bitter end, hmmmm???

Bush deceived the country and got us into the Iraq war on false pretenses. He has so little respect for the troops there, that when asked at a press conference how the American public could show their support for the troops he responded: 'Go Shopping'. What an a-hole!!

Bush's reaction to Katrina was pathetic. His own mother said of the people in the SuperDome 'They don't have it that bad!' - seems like disdain for the poor and working class runs deep in the Bush family... The extremely slow Katrina reaction was a national disgrace..

Bush catered to the rich at the expense of the poor and middle-class. His tax breaks to the rich during a time of war was unconscionable...

Bush more than doubled the national debt... His actions will probably guarantee a $1.5 Trillion deficit just this fiscal year alone.

Bush greatly increased the size of government...

Bush's push to deregulate government oversight of Wall Street was very largely to blame for the economic mess we are in - which is a long way from playing out..

The above are Bush's legacy - what history will remember of him... why the Republicans have been soundly defeated nationwide the past 2 elections... and probably will continue to be beaten further back for several elections to come.

Other than this, I suppose he's not half bad.... In a Pig's Eye...

Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
HELLLLLOOO!!! An unconditional Bush backer to the bitter end, hmmmm???

Bush deceived the country and got us into the Iraq war on false pretenses. He has so little respect for the troops there, that when asked at a press conference how the American public could show their support for the troops he responded: 'Go Shopping'. What an a-hole!!

Bush's reaction to Katrina was pathetic. His own mother said of the people in the SuperDome 'They don't have it that bad!' - seems like disdain for the poor and working class runs deep in the Bush family... The extremely slow Katrina reaction was a national disgrace..

Bush catered to the rich at the expense of the poor and middle-class. His tax breaks to the rich during a time of war was unconscionable...

Bush more than doubled the national debt... His actions will probably guarantee a $1.5 Trillion deficit just this fiscal year alone.

Bush greatly increased the size of government...

Bush's push to deregulate government oversight of Wall Street was very largely to blame for the economic mess we are in - which is a long way from playing out..

The above are Bush's legacy - what history will remember of him... why the Republicans have been soundly defeated nationwide the past 2 elections... and probably will continue to be beaten further back for several elections to come.

Other than this, I suppose he's not half bad.... In a Pig's Eye...
I see you had no answer about Katrina because you KNOW Bush is not to blame for that; it was the fault of the people who refused to evacuate and the idiot Nagin who had the means to evacuate people but did not, then the numbnut had the nerve to blame Bush for his own incompetence. I didn't read the rest of your drivel.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,110,733 times
Quote:
I see you had no answer about Katrina because you KNOW Bush is not to blame for that; it was the fault of the people who refused to evacuate and the idiot Nagin who had the means to evacuate people but did not, then the numbnut had the nerve to blame Bush for his own incompetence. I didn't read the rest of your drivel.
Oh, yes you did, go to the thread on regarding what Obama would do. It's there waiting for you.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,485,869 times
Quote:
HELLO!!! Are you really blaming the people who couldn't manage to get out? The poor, elderly, uninformed? Where were they going on those buses? THE SUPERDOME!!!!!!! New Orleans couldn't put them up in a hotel!!!!!!!! And their weren't enough buses for all the people that needed them at which point Nagin asked for Federal help to which "Brownie" provided none all the way through the flood..You're a sick puppy..Buses gimmie a break

Do you blame those people trapped in flooded areas in the midwest for not evacuating? Nope..but you blame these people..It's funny, you wont assess any blame to Bush and he is the President but you'll blame Obama for everything and isn't the President..You need help.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
I think there is plenty of blame to go around with Katrina. It was the worst natural disaster in the US. To fix the blame solely on the residents of NO and their mayor is short-sighted. I really don't know how you can know, out there in Kansas, exactly what the situation was in NO, and who was or wasn't doing what.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
HELLO!!! Are you really blaming the people who couldn't manage to get out? The poor, elderly, uninformed? Where were they going on those buses? THE SUPERDOME!!!!!!! New Orleans couldn't put them up in a hotel!!!!!!!! And their weren't enough buses for all the people that needed them at which point Nagin asked for Federal help to which "Brownie" provided none all the way through the flood..You're a sick puppy..Buses gimmie a break

Do you blame those people trapped in flooded areas in the midwest for not evacuating? Nope..but you blame these people..It's funny, you wont assess any blame to Bush and he is the President but you'll blame Obama for everything and isn't the President..You need help.
I am blaming Nagin for not evacuating the people before the hurricane like he was supposed to. Exactly what did you expect Bush to do? I know they moved people everywhere they could and you are lying when you say nothing was done. My brother was scheduled to board a cruise ship leaving from New Orleans and his trip was canceled because FEMA had paid the the cruise company to use that ship instead for Katrina victims and they housed people on the ship. And everywhere else they could to provide a place for the people to go.

There weren't enough buses? He had FIVE days before the hurricane. He (Nagin) could have had the buses shuttling people out of there and then coming back for more, now couldn't he? Five days was plenty of time. But then there are also people who refused to leave.

I like how anything that happens is automatically all Bush's fault. How would you like us to start blaming anything and everything on Obama? (I mean other than broken campaign promises and the stock market tank that actually ARE Obama's fault).

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 11-21-2008 at 05:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections