Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 01:42 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,930,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
There are a select few who continue to harp on our next President. And again, I think these are the people who can't handle the though of a President that is not lily-white.
I am sick of so many of you liberals constantly saying that anyone who happens to be against Obama or his politices are against him and them because they are racist. The word has been way overused, thanks to the illegals that have invaded our country. You have no idea if someone is racist or not unless they say so themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Did Bush promise to rape the constitution, spy on U.S. citizens, start an unjustified war, appoint an administration full of unqualified croonies, discourage diplomacy, wreck the economy, give tax breaks to his oil buddies, leave a city of people helpless during a natrual disaster, make an utter fool of himself by continuing to read to gradeschoolers after being told his country was under attack? The answer, NO, but he did all of the above. He in fact promised to do the excat opposite of everything above but violently and recklessly broke those promises. I trust that if and when Obama has to back away from a campaign promise it will be in the better interest of the country not to its detrement. Just because the change he promised doesn't fit what you view as change doesn't mean anything. You probably voted for Bush 2x so why would your opinion matter.
He might not have said so with his mouth but anyone with a brain knew how he was going to be once in office. But, and this a huge but here, two wrongs don't make a right no matter how you liberals think it does. Just because Bush did or didn't do something doesn't mean that Obama, or any other damn politician, has a right to commit crimes or tell lies.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:48 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Did Bush promise to rape the constitution, spy on U.S. citizens, start an unjustified war, appoint an administration full of unqualified croonies, discourage diplomacy, wreck the economy, give tax breaks to his oil buddies, leave a city of people helpless during a natrual disaster, make an utter fool of himself by continuing to read to gradeschoolers after being told his country was under attack? The answer, NO, but he did all of the above. He in fact promised to do the excat opposite of everything above but violently and recklessly broke those promises. I trust that if and when Obama has to back away from a campaign promise it will be in the better interest of the country not to its detrement. Just because the change he promised doesn't fit what you view as change doesn't mean anything. You probably voted for Bush 2x so why would your opinion matter.
Sorry, but a lot of what you blame on Bush is not Bush's fault. I know Michael Moore told you it is; but the truth is, it is not. The war: The Democrats were for it too - remember? Including Bill Clinton. And I think he did fine by finishing the story he was reading instead of running out of the room in a panic. There wasn't anything he could do in a matter of minutes; he finished what he was doing and then addressed the problem. He couldn't really announce to the school children that America was being attacked. I think he handled it well. Wreck the economy: Uh, no. Bush did not wreck the economy. Katrina victims: Those people failed to evacuate like BUSH told them to. Blame Nagin, not Bush. Also, how come the residents of OTHER communities on the gulf coast other than New Orleans, instead of screaming for money and help, got off their asses and HELPED THEMSELVES? The people in New Orleans got almost ALL of the aid that went for victims of Katrina, and they were the people who cried and whined the most. I don't think Bush did anything that he meant for the detriment of the country. But some of you are so blinded by your hatred that you can't see that. So your opinion doesn't matter.

Last edited by luzianne; 11-20-2008 at 01:57 PM..

Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
He might not have said so with his mouth but anyone with a brain knew how he was going to be once in office. But, and this a huge but here, two wrongs don't make a right no matter how you liberals think it does. Just because Bush did or didn't do something doesn't mean that Obama, or any other damn politician, has a right to commit crimes or tell lies.
Exactly. To say it's okay if Obama, two weeks after the election, is already reneging on his campaign promises is ridiculous. Why in the hell would that be okay with anyone no matter what Bush or any other president has done?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Sorry, but a lot of what you blame on Bush is not Bush's fault. I know Michael Moore told you it is; but the truth is, it is not. The war: The Democrats were for it too - remember? Including Bill Clinton. Wreck the economy: Uh, no. Bush did not wreck the economy. Katrina victims: Those people failed to evacuate like BUSH told them to. Blame Nagin, not Bush. Also, how come the residents of OTHER communities on the gulf coast other than New Orleans, instead of screaming for money and help, got off their asses and HELPED THEMSELVES? The people in New Orleans got almost ALL of the aid that went for victims of Katrina, and they were the people who cried and whined the most. I don't think Bush did anything that he meant for the detriment of the country. But some of you are so blinded by your hatred that you can't see that. So your opinion doesn't matter.
The fact that Bush LIED and has done so much of what heas done has nothing to do with 9/11. It has to do with Cheney telling him that he had to have a secrative administration and that it was just ok for the President to break any laws he so chose to do. Bush is and was a complete ass**** and has never cared about any normal American.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,555,357 times
Yes, you hire experienced, capable staff, that will follow your lead, and do as they are told. This is change, and even a right wingnut could recognize that if they would pull their head out of its normal parking space.

When companies are in trouble, they board replaces the CEO, and he directs the existing staff in a different direction. For those that still can's see due the parking space their head is in, that is change.

Want to remove your head from the dark smelly parking space? Turn off Rush, Hanity, and Colter hate mongers and pay attention, it is really easy, and enlightening.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
The fact that Bush LIED and has done so much of what heas done has nothing to do with 9/11. It has to do with Cheney telling him that he had to have a secrative administration and that it was just ok for the President to break any laws he so chose to do. Bush is and was a complete ass**** and has never cared about any normal American.
Well I don't agree with you completely. That's not to say I agree with everything Bush has done, but I think he has gotten a bad rap, mainly because the liberals couldn't accept that he beat Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 and they have villified him from the beginning.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Yes, you hire experienced, capable staff, that will follow your lead, and do as they are told. This is change, and even a right wingnut could recognize that if they would pull their head out of its normal parking space.

When companies are in trouble, they board replaces the CEO, and he directs the existing staff in a different direction. For those that still can's see due the parking space their head is in, that is change.

Want to remove your head from the dark smelly parking space? Turn off Rush, Hanity, and Colter hate mongers and pay attention, it is really easy, and enlightening.
The hate mongers are the people who STILL can't accept that Gore lost in 2000 and Kerry lost in 2004. That's what all the Bush hatred is really about.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well I don't agree with you completely. That's not to say I agree with everything Bush has done, but I think he has gotten a bad rap, mainly because the liberals couldn't accept that he beat Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 and they have villified him from the beginning.
Bush was the author of his own undoing.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Bush was the author of his own undoing.
I disagree. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections