Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:38 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times

Advertisements

~~TT, you miss my drift, but that is your privilege. I am not against or for RG. I am not against or for Bloomberg. I am not in favour of HC.

And, I never worked for the City of New York--I worked with members of the City of New York--there is a distinct difference. No money exchanged--no power.

I really have never understood you except when you are funny, and you generally don't show that side of yourself to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 04:51 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
~~TT, you miss my drift, but that is your privilege. I am not against or for RG. I am not against or for Bloomberg. I am not in favour of HC.

And, I never worked for the City of New York--I worked with members of the City of New York--there is a distinct difference. No money exchanged--no power.

I really have never understood you except when you are funny, and you generally don't show that side of yourself to me.

You're right, I should clarify. City employees, or those working with the city.

I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with you. What I'm saying is, YES, Rudy is a PITA to deal with if he's on the other end of the bargaining table. So, many people who have had to sit in the "hot seat", or were part of an organization, or worked with an organization that found themselves in the proverbial "hot seat", generally hate'em.

....and OTR, nuthin but luv for ya, lol. We're debating politics. Scream, yell, rant, rave, then go have a beer together at the end of the day I always say.

Seriously though, haven't you noticed that those who worked for or even with the city when he was mayor share a disproportionate amount of disdain for the man? I always hear it from them, but not so much from NYC residents.

~TT

Old 03-26-2007, 04:56 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Most of the folks I worked with never really mentioned him much. A few after WTC fell, but not much before. The workers were rather tight-lipped about RG. That's why it is interesting that people I know, personally, who got appointed with Bloomberg, always talked about him.

Obviously, different work styles and different teams. I see a connection here.

I never dealt directly with either of the Mayors. I had to contend with Albany elected officials more than City officials.

BTW, I discovered in his bio that we lived near each other growing up. Probably in the same parish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
You're right, I should clarify. City employees, or those working with the city.

I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with you. What I'm saying is, YES, Rudy is a PITA to deal with if he's on the other end of the bargaining table. So, many people who have had to sit in the "hot seat", or were part of an organization, or worked with an organization that found themselves in the proverbial "hot seat", generally hate'em.

....and OTR, nuthin but luv for ya, lol. We're debating politics. Scream, yell, rant, rave, then go have a beer together at the end of the day I always say.

Seriously though, haven't you noticed that those who worked for or even with the city when he was mayor share a disproportionate amount of disdain for the man? I always hear it from them, but not so much from NYC residents.

~TT

Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
It appears there is noise that Bloomberg is considering a run for President--three New Yorkers?

What do you think?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032501334.html
Bloomberg who? He will never get past New England, No offense to NYrs but the rest of the nation doesn't necessarily look fondly on the state let alone the city! Guliani is the only one that has a shot and that is only because of 9/11!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Bloomberg who? He will never get past New England, No offense to NYrs but the rest of the nation doesn't necessarily look fondly on the state let alone the city! Guliani is the only one that has a shot and that is only because of 9/11!

And 9/11 qualifies him to be president? I guess it allows his adultery to be overlooked while others are villified?

Personally I think the man has no class, for his second wife to learn he wants a divorce from an appearance he makes on TV? That's just cheesy.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
...and what state would you be from? lol

Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And 9/11 qualifies him to be president? I guess it allows his adultery to be overlooked while others are villified?

Personally I think the man has no class, for his second wife to learn he wants a divorce from an appearance he makes on TV? That's just cheesy.
No I dont think it qualifies, my point is he wouldnt be where he is in the polls without the recognition he has from 9/11. cheesy is being polite, but you know what they say, "it aint easy bein cheesy"!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
...and what state would you be from? lol
PA, AL, WA, FL, UT, AZ, AK, like i said not trying to offend, CA, has the same problem!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
No I dont think it qualifies, my point is he wouldnt be where he is in the polls without the recognition he has from 9/11. cheesy is being polite, but you know what they say, "it aint easy bein cheesy"!

That's exactly what scares me, it's more PR than anything else.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
PA, AL, WA, FL, UT, AZ, AK, like i said not trying to offend, CA, has the same problem!
The reason I asked is many states that dislike NY are RED states.

So, the credibility of those states is pretty much shot with me, lol. I'm sorry, if I find out someone voted for George Bush in 2004 I really don't pay attention to anything they have to say. The more red the state is, the less attention I pay.

You know the old joke about stupid people wearing a sign? lol.

How do you think I looked at the "Bush/Cheney 04" bumper stickers

~TT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections