Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,398 times

Advertisements

if i had to choose one state that is red and could turn blue itd be missouri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,205,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
its only 8% more than the medium required.

Also, 16% isnt even a landslide. You must be kidding if you think its anywhere near a landslide. Perhaps you need to research the definition of 'landslide' and 'overwhelming'. Id tell you myself, but I think youll learn more from looking it up.
A "medium"...were you trying to communicate with the dead?

Sorry, but your statement is incoherent and factually in error. A 16% margin of victory in politics certainly fits the landslide category.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,607,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Are you serious? You must be a young teen. Using - WTF? Anyway! A great job! What has he done to date? Make your list and post it here.

Here is a list of facts! This is what he has done to date. You call this great? I call it dangerous!!
It's only been half a year! Many of us see these things as hangovers of previous decisions. As far the one's regarding the economy, again, its only been 6 months. Economists would agree he's inherited a recession, and he has also inherited a war. Previous administrations of all types generally increased spending, some by huge amounts.
As for the cultural and "homeland security" points, many of us agree with those. Just stating them isn't an argument of his performance, its a statement of an stance that some agree and disagree with.

It's not like you said a bunch of undeniable points.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,607,972 times
But as for the OP, I think its pretty hasty to run to any conclusions. CA has only been solid blue for a limited amount of time itself. Some of the other states may solidify democratic leads, but others you mentioned, esp West Virgnia, flit back and forth. It depends too much of the specific situation/candidates to state anything.
Also, while my ideals are on the left, a single party democracy breeds corruption. Nothing is static.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:26 PM

763 posts, read 1,299,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
It's going to depend on what exactly the Republicans have to offer. So far, I haven't really heard anything. Don't blame the media, blame the lack of any clear message offered by the GOP. Criticism of the party in power only goes so far if you have no vision of your own to offer. Fear and hate will only carry so far.
It got Obama elected

Old 07-21-2009, 04:33 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,729,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
It got Obama elected
You're right on that one. Fear and hate spread by McCain/Palin was instrumental in getting Obama elected. People got really tired of it.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:08 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
You're right on that one. Fear and hate spread by McCain/Palin was instrumental in getting Obama elected. People got really tired of it.
amen.

thats why ill never vote for palin. she is a racist and tries to convince other people that minorities are evil. she elected no minorities to her cabinet and spreads around wild rumors that lead to the idiots getting even more riled up.

i still remember the town hall mccain had in my city, it went something like 51 46 mccain and the famous crazy old white lady saying i cant trust him, hes an arab lol.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:09 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,205,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
thats why ill never vote for palin. she is a racist and tries to convince other people that minorities are evil. she elected no minorities to her cabinet and spreads around wild rumors that lead to the idiots getting even more riled up.
WHAT? Can you cite one credible shred of evidence to support your wacko theory? When and where has Palin ever tried to "convince other people that minorities are evil?"

I can understand people with different views on policy or opinions on politics, but this kind of outrageous lie and wackjob mentality has to stop.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,717,269 times
While I agree with the assertion that many states are "turning blue".

1. Sane Conservatives are fleeing the GOP leaving the Birthers and Limbaugh Lemmings in charge. There are fewer Republicans now than Independents.

2. Local Politics. People in Arizona are disgusted with Kyl and McCain selling out the Grand Canyon and Luke AFB. I'm sure there are local issues in other states.

3. In order to placate the new Republican base moderate politicians are being forced to take more radical positions or leave, like Arlen Specter.

There is no election right now but the GOP is no longer aa main stream party.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:20 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,717,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
amen.

i still remember the town hall mccain had in my city, it went something like 51 46 mccain and the famous crazy old white lady saying i cant trust him, hes an arab lol.
Her Witch Doctor is Black
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections