Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,712,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Was "Different Strokes" a curse? Dana Plato, dead of drug addiction. Todd Bridges, complete disaster, drug addict, Gary Coleman, never got anything after "Different Strokes", except for "token" parts...

Jennifer Grey, co star in "Dirty Dancing", she had a messed up rhinoplasty, went into oblivian.
Yeah. I thought Jennifer Grey was prettier after the nosejob. But I couldn't tell she was Jennifer Grey, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
i'd agree with nicholas cage. He had some great movies early on but it seems over the last few years, every role he takes is the same and he plays the characters the same way.

Jim carrey needs to take time away from movie for a while. He tried to get away from the spastic comedy he started his career with but people didn't buy him in those (though for the record i think the truman show is an amazing move). He needs to take a few years, sit back, and then get into the more serious stuff, kind of like bill murray did.

What about billy crystal? I know he just had a movie come out but i can't remember the last movie he had before that one. Same with martin short. When is the last time you saw him in a movie?

Back in the early 90s anna chlumsky was the next big thing in my girl and my girl 2. Then i think she did some movie called golddiggers with christina ricci, another 90s child star that has fallen away somewhere. Someone mentioned thora birch which i would agree with. I was in love with her! Speaking of thora birch and christina ricci, they were in now and then with gaby hoffman, who was also in field of dreams, uncle buck, and volcano and then disappeared.

Freddie prinze, jr was in several movies and then scooby doo hit and nobody cared anymore.

all this and yet david spade is still allowed to make movies and tv shows. Just sad.
lmao

Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiD View Post
She is the first person to come to mind when I read this. She was great in The Parent Trap, Herbie: Fully Loaded, and even Mean Girls. I know she was recently in a movie on TV and I'm sure she did well in that too. She's a very successful actress but when it comes to life, she seems to a little trouble with it.
I never knew who Lindsay Lohan was except that she was famous for going to rehab. I guess my daughter wasn't the right age to have seen those movies, because I don't remember any of them--I didn't even realize they remade Parent Trap.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 AM

260 posts, read 472,979 times
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Sherilyn Fenn who, if you've seen her in Twin Peaks, was really something.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM

44 posts, read 74,371 times
Charles Rocket of SNL '80 (R.I.P.)

Old 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,629 times
What happened to Bridget Fonda's career? She was hot for awhile and then just sort of disappeared (Ditto her dad Peter)

An oldie from the '80s, but what happened to Irene Cara? Vanity (not that she was particularly talented) and Appollonia?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:07 PM

371 posts, read 894,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckgrl View Post
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Sherilyn Fenn who, if you've seen her in Twin Peaks, was really something.
I loved her in Rude Awakening. It was a good show,but they messed with the formula for the third season and that killed it.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Halle Berry and she is still the prettiest and best dressed woman in Hollywood but who is making her movie decisions?

I think the problem with some actors is while they may be good actors, they stink at picking movies that are right for them.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliefrijole71 View Post
Eddie Murphy..From Beverly Hills Cop to...One Thousand Words (which wasn't that bad) His only saving grace between then and now is Shrek and he was only a voice over actor.

Ice Cube comes to mind...he made a move from the "thug" roles (Boyz in the Hood) to the silly ones like "Are We There Yet?"
Are you seriously saying you didn't like Anaconda (one of my faves on TV) because that's just wrong and he wasn't a thug, either.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 AM

I was just thinking the other day that David Boreanaz must be one of the most successful TV actors ever that no one ever talks about. How many can say they were in 3 successful TV series and are still relatively young so they might be in even more? I know zero about the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts