Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 11:09 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will add more. I've considered some of Trump's rhetoric. He will even go at Blacks. I'm Black. I feel like if he would do things like that, he might want to do things to me. I don't trust him. This is the same person who retweeted a Neo-Nazi tweet regarding Blacks, then claimed "I don't check my sources". The fact that Clint Eastwood is defending Trump tells me this: Eastwood most likely shares those views. Anyone who shares bigoted views scares me. Why?

If you are thinking those things, you could do those things. I have to look out for my personal interests. Eastwood say "when I was young, we didn't call those things racist". Of course not. He was born in 1930. Last I checked, Jim Crow was alive and well back then. Lynchings took place back then. As someone who is know to find many females outside of my race attractive, Clint Eastwood's youth would have been a horrible time for me. Trump is scary to me, but his supporters scare me more. This is not about political correctness for me. This is about who I can trust. This is about looking out for me.
You do realize that in 2008 it was Hillary and Bill and their supporters that were the racists?

P.S. Hillary was born in 1947 back during Jim Crow and when lynchings took place. She's also from Arkansas.

Some people are easily influenced by election year propaganda. Don't worry, Trump isn't going to win the election...but wow, you are extremely easy to manipulate.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:19 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You do realize that in 2008 it was Hillary and Bill and their supporters that were the racists?

P.S. Hillary was born in 1947 back during Jim Crow and when lynchings took place. She's also from Arkansas.

Some people are easily influenced by election year propaganda. Don't worry, Trump isn't going to win the election...but wow, you are extremely easy to manipulate.
Actually, Hillary was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. She never made it to Arkansas until the mid 1970s. And I never paid much attention to Hillary in 2008. I was only paying attention to then-Senator Obama, Senator McCain, and Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin scared me more than anything.

And don't worry, I don't like Hillary Clinton either. I don't trust the Clintons anymore. I don't trust Trump either.

And Chicago was no racial haven in 1947 either. Blacks were being shunted to some of the worst areas of Chicago.

I never said I thought Trump was going to win. I was talking about his incendiary rhetoric, and Clint Eastwood.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:43 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,825,744 times
Free speech doesn't exist in Hollywood. Mel Gibson was blacklisted for over 10 years because he said some stupid things while getting arrested for drunk driving

Old 08-08-2016, 01:37 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Not at all. I love Clint Eastwood, one of the greatest actors ever. However, I completely disagree with his politics.

Doesn't mean I think any less of him, and he definitely should not be called out by Hollywood. This is America, we are free to think whatever the **** we want.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:31 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,922,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Whether you agree with Mr. Eastwood's remarks or not, you must realize that this is not a freedom of speech issue. The First Amendment applies only to governmental actions regarding speech, not private industry. Indeed, some of you may awake in the morning to find your comments deleted for not following the rules of this subforum. And we all may awaken to find the thread has been closed for the same reason.
Strictly speaking, you're right - the Constitutional guarantee of free speech only means that Eastwood cannot be prosecuted for his opinions. But Hollywood blackballing him would have a chilling effect on speech and political action and seems un-American. No one is taking action against liberal Hollywood bozos (and no one should), so when one of them has a "conservative" point of view - Trump is not conservative but I think Eastwood legitimately is - they should leave him alone.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:41 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,548,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
some say Hollywood should stop funding his films and actors should refuse to work with him
A better question might be, "Who the hell cares what Hollywood thinks about anything or anyone?"

Old 08-08-2016, 02:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,211,591 times
Newsflash, the film industry is not the government nor is it government funded. If Mr. Eastwood excercises his right to say something offensive, actors, producers and others have the right to not work with him and people have the right to not watch his movies.

But it seems that the Anti- PC,anti-liberals and anti-young people tools have their heads too far up their backsides to realize this.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, Hillary was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. She never made it to Arkansas until the mid 1970s. And I never paid much attention to Hillary in 2008. I was only paying attention to then-Senator Obama, Senator McCain, and Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin scared me more than anything.

And don't worry, I don't like Hillary Clinton either. I don't trust the Clintons anymore. I don't trust Trump either.

And Chicago was no racial haven in 1947 either. Blacks were being shunted to some of the worst areas of Chicago.

I never said I thought Trump was going to win. I was talking about his incendiary rhetoric, and Clint Eastwood.
I bumped a thread (one of many) from 2008 talking about those darn racists Clintons and their supporters.

Just something to think about.

So will you vote for Hillary? Is she still a racist like she was in 2008?

Old 08-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Newsflash, the film industry is not the government nor is it government funded. If Mr. Eastwood excercises his right to say something offensive, actors, producers and others have the right to not work with him and people have the right to not watch his movies.

But it seems that the Anti- PC,anti-liberals and anti-young people tools have their heads too far up their backsides to realize this.
The question isn't around legality but rather morality.

Keeping in mind that if Mr. Eastwood had said something pro-gay back early in his career he could have gotten in trouble for that from the studios etc.

I think the point is that if you have a group that by and large views themselves as being open and diverse that reacting for something like what Mr. Eastwood says is actually repressive.

Where is could turn illegal is if there were to be a concerted blacklisting aka conspiracy...but I seriously doubt anyone would do something like that.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Meryl Streep to try to talk Eastwood out of his comments

Meryl Streep: Clint Eastwood's political views need to be corrected | EW.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts