Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 07:36 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,025,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Hollywood aside, one could denounce Eastwood for aging worse than just about anybody on the planet:

Young Clint Eastwood:

Old fossil Eastwood:

Look at those eyes. He just looks evil, pretty much as vile-looking as the things he says.
The man you are talking about is now 86 years old.

I prefer not to judge people by their appearance, particularly not people who are in their upper 80s.

Also, I thought those from the "left" were the main ones who are so "progressive" against discrimination (age is a version of discrimination, although not as often talked about as race and such) and judging people for their looks, weight, etc.

Oh, wait, I forgot, it's okay to talk that way toward or about anyone who has different views from your own leftish views, kind of like the Bernie Sanders supporters making comments about how Hillary Clinton looks and what she wears (calling her "Pantsuit, etc...I am not a Hillary supporter, but I'm still wondering what is wrong with a professional woman wearing a pantsuit, and I actually think Hillary Clinton looks pretty decent to be almost 70 years old), and kind of like this comment about an 86-year-old Trump supporter.

But I bet if an 86-year-old Trump supporter made a comment about a 22-year-old Democrat's appearance, it would be all over the media.

At least I stand by my beliefs and don't change them like the wind, depending on who or what is being talked about.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:49 PM

769 posts, read 1,015,385 times
Anything that Zionist Hollywood denounces I would purposely spend my money on.

They are the biggest bunch hypocrites in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr37b-FYj8g

Old 08-09-2016, 10:26 PM

336 posts, read 716,638 times
Tolerance used to mean that we could accept each of us had a difference of opinion. Now, tolerance seems to mean you had better agree with me. Ridiculous. People in this country need to grow a pair because apparently they've lost their balls.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,107,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
The man you are talking about is now 86 years old.

I prefer not to judge people by their appearance, particularly not people who are in their upper 80s.

Also, I thought those from the "left" were the main ones who are so "progressive" against discrimination (age is a version of discrimination, although not as often talked about as race and such) and judging people for their looks, weight, etc.

Oh, wait, I forgot, it's okay to talk that way toward or about anyone who has different views from your own leftish views, kind of like the Bernie Sanders supporters making comments about how Hillary Clinton looks and what she wears (calling her "Pantsuit, etc...I am not a Hillary supporter, but I'm still wondering what is wrong with a professional woman wearing a pantsuit, and I actually think Hillary Clinton looks pretty decent to be almost 70 years old), and kind of like this comment about an 86-year-old Trump supporter.

But I bet if an 86-year-old Trump supporter made a comment about a 22-year-old Democrat's appearance, it would be all over the media.

At least I stand by my beliefs and don't change them like the wind, depending on who or what is being talked about.
I would double-rep you if I could!

Old 08-09-2016, 10:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,107,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Wait...all he did was "support" Trump? Now I have to re-read this entire thread because I'm missing something.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:41 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
He's one of the few normal ones in Hollywood. He surely isn't some radical left wing lunatic like 99% of Hollywood.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:00 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,325,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldemail1 View Post
A person says the truth. And people conspire to penalize him. How nice.
The definition of "truth" is "a proven or verified principle or statement; a fact."

You're defining "truth" as opinions you agree with. How would you define the things other people agree with?

Last edited by Jukesgrrl; 08-09-2016 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,025,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Wait...all he did was "support" Trump? Now I have to re-read this entire thread because I'm missing something.
Yup....and now everyone is supposed to hate him.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
Denounce him? Besides his astounding career, Eastwood makes a lot of money for a lot of people in Hollywood. They're not going to bite the hand that feeds them. Don't know who the "some" are, but sounds like they are intolerant of an opinion different from their own.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,012,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
This was too much, I guess. I could say that Trump is a racist, but it's not like Clint Eastwood is a deliberate racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts