Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 07:02 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,586,201 times

Advertisements

Because somebody spoke up about how this country has become a bunch of *******. He is telling the truth. And then he get rebutted by a transsexual ? I'm with Clint. Not with Hollywood's weirdism.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:12 AM

56 posts, read 56,067 times
A person says the truth. And people conspire to penalize him. How nice.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:23 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,578,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
some say Hollywood should stop funding his films and actors should refuse to work with him
Yes, Clint is clearly the most controversial director in Hollywood.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:37 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
You should be scared of us.
Not because you are black, but because you are a weak minded follower. We hate that.
Prove that I'm a "weak minded follower". Prove it.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:52 AM

82 posts, read 80,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't think it's black-balling.

An average film now costs $40,000,000 - $80,000,000 to make.

Investors want to earn a profit. That means covering tens of millions of dollars...plus that profit. It's a question of risk. Turn part of the audience off, and ticket sales dip, thus threatening profits.
I doubt he is worried anymore than the other celebrities expressing their opinions.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:54 AM

82 posts, read 80,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
Yes, Clint is clearly the most controversial director in Hollywood.
He doesn't even make the top ten.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
FWIW, the OP said some in Hollywood. Most don't seem to care about Eastwood's political leanings. The few voices who are denouncing Clint Eastwood do not represent all of Hollywood.

Take Bradley Cooper for example.

He portrayed Chris Kyle in Eastwood's American Sniper and he has recently gotten heat for being at the DNC. If Cooper is a Dem then he certainly seems to respect Eastwood enough to be the lead in his film while disagreeing with him politically.

As for morality, is it morally wrong not to financially support someone because you don't agree with some of their views?
For an individual no....but history is littered with group-think oppression throughout the arts, sciences etc.

Maybe moral is the wrong word but unless the person is advocating something like genocide etc. then I think it gets into a grey area if it becomes an actual movement.

Let me give an example.
1) Bob doesn't shop at Pete's flower shop because Pete is gay. Now I don't agree with Bob but it's his right to do so. I think we can all agree on that.

2) Bob organizes a boycott of Pete's flower shop and ALSO pressures people that do shop there with coercion, threat of being included in the boycott, yelling at customer from across the street as they enter and such tactics.

I personally think #2 takes things too far and at some point impinges on Pete's pursuit of happiness. However, this tactic is used by various groups from anti-abortion protesters to Chick-fil-a protesters etc.

This is the type if tactic that could be used on a Hollywood actor. Not the refusing to work with them but the pressure put on people who do. That starts to become a blacklisting conspiracy.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove that I'm a "weak minded follower". Prove it.
You may have missed my post #108 where I asked you if you still think Hillary is racist and if you plan on voting for her?

If you don't think she is racist then do you think that it was instead a campaign action aimed at swaying votes?

This wasn't one incident and she got only about 10% of the black vote where this election she'll be back up around 90%. So it's an interesting topic to revisit.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:37 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You may have missed my post #108 where I asked you if you still think Hillary is racist and if you plan on voting for her?

If you don't think she is racist then do you think that it was instead a campaign action aimed at swaying votes?

This wasn't one incident and she got only about 10% of the black vote where this election she'll be back up around 90%. So it's an interesting topic to revisit.
Maybe I missed it. I haven't paid any attention to Hilary until now. I never said I had any fondness for Hillary. I don't trust her. I don't trust Trump either. And this thread is specifically about Trump and Eastwood.

I can vote for a third candidate. I don't have to decide between just Clinton and Trump.

Old 08-09-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe I missed it. I haven't paid any attention to Hilary until now. I never said I had any fondness for Hillary. I don't trust her. I don't trust Trump either. And this thread is specifically about Trump and Eastwood.

I can vote for a third candidate. I don't have to decide between just Clinton and Trump.
Whoa now you were the one that went on a tirade about Trump\supporters being racist and it's directly comparable because in 2008 it was Hillary\supporters that were deemed the racists.

Now Hillary is the clear front runner for the people, many of which where lambasting her as racist just 8 years ago.

You're dodging the question and you know that what I'm getting at is how much the message to portray someone is often pushed in election years....it's done to ALL politicians...whether it's honesty or racism or competency or loyalty to their religion instead of the country or ties to Russians or Sauds blah blah blah.

Is it possible that neither Hillary nor Trump are particularily racist but that any gaffe, wording of statements, past associations....anything are being used as "A ha! See they're racist!"?

Maybe not you but it's pretty clear that a lot of voters in 2008 fell for it, it's a good example of painting your opponent in a political fight.

So, I'll ask again. Did you think Hillary was racist before? What about now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts