Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:54 AM

455 posts, read 464,276 times

Advertisements

I disagree with Clint. Like his movies though. Should "Hollywood" denounce him? Who is "Hollywood?" If individuals want to publicly disagree with him that is their right as it is his right to speak his mind.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:38 AM

366 posts, read 493,891 times
I never much cared for Eastwood, he always was too liberal for my liking, but now he may fast be emerging as my hero. The old man has a brassy pair. Personally I think most of the guys under 50 have too much soy in their diet. Go Trump...build the wall, deport the illegals, tighten up immigration laws and reform immigration to favor needed skill and asset based immigrants. Eastwood's comments were spot on, except for his hesitation about Trump. I would take Lucifer over the Banshee of Arkansas any day.

Last edited by usagisan; 08-16-2016 at 12:51 AM..

Old 08-16-2016, 08:39 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,917,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
He has that right.
And others have the right to condemn him, to refuse to associate or work with him, to refuse to finance his films, etc.
And act like the typical high school clique that bullies anyone who doesn't conform. Sure they do. But it only shows how petulant and childish most liberals are.

I'm sure Clint Eastwood is really losing sleep over what the new guard in Hollywood think LOL

Old 08-21-2016, 04:31 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
some say Hollywood should stop funding his films and actors should refuse to work with him
So would we also denounce the idiot left Hollywood dbags for speaking their mind?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:00 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
I have always enjoyed Eastwood movies, but it is obvious that age is not kind to his mind.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:46 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,361,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierudetsky View Post
This was too much, I guess. I could say that Trump is a racist, but it's not like Clint Eastwood is a deliberate racist.
Except that Trump isn't abracist. Is it racist to o say you are going to build a wall to stop illegal aliens from crossing our border? I guess our forefathers and every other country's leaders are racist to! It is the law of the land to keep illegal aliens out.

Just because Obama will not enforce the constitution that he swore to do, doesn't mean the law doesn't exist. If only Islamic

Terrorists are killing people around the world who are not one of them, is it racist to be cautious of letting them flood in?

Is it racist to protect the police, who shoot blacks who clearly resist arrest and usually approach the officer?

If any anyone thinks any of those answers are YES, then get out of the country. You are not the kind of people who belong here. I'd toy are an American, then you just be loyal to your country dirst, even if we go to war with your country of origin. It's that simple. Anything less is considered treasonous.

The bigger racist is that piece of bcrap called Obama. He could have really brought the races together but he failed and kept moving forward with iphis radical racist ways that he mastered in Chicago as a community organizer. He was just a thinner Al Sharpton. Nothing more.he is a paper *****. No on especially him. He is way over his head. Hell, Bush is George Washington compared to our loser in chief. He sides with every black run in with the police and has been wrong every time. He can't help it. It is his knee jerk reaction to divide people and twist things to rile up the minority parties at fault.

Time to stop the tolerance of every fringe group. Look what our country is turning into as a result.

GO TRUMP!

Old 08-23-2016, 07:39 AM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Except that Trump isn't abracist. Is it racist to o say you are going to build a wall to stop illegal aliens from crossing our border? I guess our forefathers and every other country's leaders are racist to! It is the law of the land to keep illegal aliens out.

Just because Obama will not enforce the constitution that he swore to do, doesn't mean the law doesn't exist. If only Islamic

Terrorists are killing people around the world who are not one of them, is it racist to be cautious of letting them flood in?

Is it racist to protect the police, who shoot blacks who clearly resist arrest and usually approach the officer?

If any anyone thinks any of those answers are YES, then get out of the country. You are not the kind of people who belong here. I'd toy are an American, then you just be loyal to your country dirst, even if we go to war with your country of origin. It's that simple. Anything less is considered treasonous.

The bigger racist is that piece of bcrap called Obama. He could have really brought the races together but he failed and kept moving forward with iphis radical racist ways that he mastered in Chicago as a community organizer. He was just a thinner Al Sharpton. Nothing more.he is a paper *****. No on especially him. He is way over his head. Hell, Bush is George Washington compared to our loser in chief. He sides with every black run in with the police and has been wrong every time. He can't help it. It is his knee jerk reaction to divide people and twist things to rile up the minority parties at fault.

Time to stop the tolerance of every fringe group. Look what our country is turning into as a result.

GO TRUMP!

It seems to me that your post is merely political propaganda. In fact, by saying "GO TRUMP" at the end, you make that very clear.

I agree that building a wall is not racist. It what says all around that proposal, and how he describes Mexicans (not to mention other non-Whites) that's racist.

Most would disagree with you that Obama has not upheld the Constitution. Hence his reelection. Hence his current high standing in the polls. You might also be honest and point out that Obama has deported quite a few illegals, but, of course you want to make your point rather than being accurater and balanced (and BTW, just yesterday Frump tried to compare his deportation plans to Obama's). So I guess you're saying that Trump doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't see anyone on here saying that the police shouldn't be safe. What we do say is that they should be highly professional, follow their department's rules and regulations, and the law.

No, no American citizen has to leave the country because of the ideas of people like you.

Apparently people have a different opinion about George Bush's competency, based on the polls in the last year of his presidency compared to the last year of Obama's. Why sully the reputation of George Washington byu comparing him to George Bush?

Old 08-24-2016, 11:45 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Should Hollywood denounce Clint ? hahahaha. its really so funny after all the going on thats gone on in Hollywood for years..how would they dare denounce anyone... its free speech isnt it... or it is......

Old 08-25-2016, 08:20 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I did not read anything in his comments to be upset about. He has a right to his opinions . I do not want to vote for Trump but I do agree that society has become too politically correct. I have been watching some old sitcoms from the 70s and they could never say the things today that they said then.

Very true. I love those old shows. I am also a huge fangirl of Clint Eastwood. I won't vote for Trump (or Clinton), but he does have a valid point. Somewhere along the line, PC got addicted to Meth, and has completely lost it's mind. Did anyone know that in some school districts they can't play dodgeball anymore? Because they are afraid someone's little snowflake will get hurt, and their parents will sue probably. I could go on for days about stuff like this, but I won't.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:20 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
some say Hollywood should stop funding his films and actors should refuse to work with him
Like everyone else he can form and state his opinion. Just like anyone else. Plenty of actors/directors say things that rub others the wrong way. Boo hoo. Liberal or conservative everyone has a right to a opinion.
Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that person should be kicked to the curb. Hey I despise Hillary. But she has a right to speak her mind and have a opinion. I don't have to agree with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts