Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 11:39 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Whoa now you were the one that went on a tirade about Trump\supporters being racist and it's directly comparable because in 2008 it was Hillary\supporters that were deemed the racists.

Now Hillary is the clear front runner for the people, many of which where lambasting her as racist just 8 years ago.

You're dodging the question and you know that what I'm getting at is how much the message to portray someone is often pushed in election years....it's done to ALL politicians...whether it's honesty or racism or competency or loyalty to their religion instead of the country or ties to Russians or Sauds blah blah blah.

Is it possible that neither Hillary nor Trump are particularily racist but that any gaffe, wording of statements, past associations....anything are being used as "A ha! See they're racist!"?

Maybe not you but it's pretty clear that a lot of voters in 2008 fell for it, it's a good example of painting your opponent in a political fight.

So, I'll ask again. Did you think Hillary was racist before? What about now?
I decided to look up her thing in 2008. I never knew about it until now. She's idiotic for saying what she said, and I would not want to vote for someone like that. She basically poked fun at the President, assuming that he was born in Kenya. Why is he still supporting her?

I think they both have a streak of prejudice in them. Hilary just likes to portray herself as benevolent. Trump just conducts himself as crass and petulant.

As a leader, there are things you're not suppose to do or say. Period. As a leader, you set an example.

Now, my point is this. This was about Trump and Clint Eastwood, not Hilary Clinton.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:36 PM

757 posts, read 838,860 times
Clint Eastwood pictures make money. Lots of money. Hollywood is about $$$$. End of story.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:56 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
Clint Eastwood pictures make money. Lots of money. Hollywood is about $$$$. End of story.
I have never watched any Clint Eastwood films.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:04 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I decided to look up her thing in 2008. I never knew about it until now. She's idiotic for saying what she said, and I would not want to vote for someone like that. She basically poked fun at the President, assuming that he was born in Kenya. Why is he still supporting her?

I think they both have a streak of prejudice in them. Hilary just likes to portray herself as benevolent. Trump just conducts himself as crass and petulant.

As a leader, there are things you're not suppose to do or say. Period. As a leader, you set an example.

Now, my point is this. This was about Trump and Clint Eastwood, not Hilary Clinton.
To answer your question, party loyalty. Same reason Rahm Emanuel is still in office despite trying to cover up the murder of Laquan McDonald. He's one of us, gotta protect him.

I agree with much of what you say.

I just think that you can't have a reasonable discussion of "racist candidates" without Hillary, reflecting on it as a meme.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
I happen to agree with Mr. Eastwood's comments. He has every right to state his opinion. And anyone who does;t believe we've became a country of "intellectual, politically correct P*****" hasn't been a major college campus in years.

I enjoy the acting of Sean Penn, but absolutely despise his political stance on almost everything. I do not believe he should shut down for his point of view. Same with Eastwood.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:58 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,759 times
15 pages - what in the world did Clint Eastwood say?

Old 08-09-2016, 04:48 PM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
Not necessarily. "Jersey Boys" made only about $10 million. "Trouble With The Curve" lost money.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:07 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
15 pages - what in the world did Clint Eastwood say?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z7X2_V60YK8

Old 08-09-2016, 05:40 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Is it fair to slam Clint Eastwood over Trump support? - CNN.com

Old 08-09-2016, 06:53 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,024,845 times
The question stated in the OP is what bothers me about the left.

You see, I consider myself a very moderate conservative. Very much in the middle with so many things, but more right-leaning when it comes to money and certain social issues. However, stuff like this is what is pulling me even more to the right.

Basically, anyone who says anything left-leaning is awesome, and anyone who says anything right-leaning is wrong and should be condemned, condemned, condemned forever as a bigot.

Perhaps some should look up the definition of "bigot." I don't think they actually understand what it means.

"big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts