Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 07:30 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessel View Post
Who said that every blonde people with blue eyes in Ireland came from Scandinavia? That's your own invention and then you try to make an argument out of it? By the way, you should show more respect, it's not my fault if you feel insulted when you get to know that maybe some of your blood is not germanic but south european...

So, I said that with the scandinavian vikings because this makes a difference. If some centuries ago the population of celtic Spain and Irelan looked alike, some time later arabs came to Spain and Vikings to Ireland. So you can understand why some Irish and Spaniards still look the same and why some of them don't. It is just a matter of statistics, I never said every single blonde in Ireland came from Scandinavia, but the fact that the vikings came makes a higher rate of blonde people in Ireland, that's all. See the nonsense?

You can keep posting pictures of those girls there, but I repeat, Ireland is more than a bunch of pale girls.

One question, have you ever been in Europe?
Since you're against girls, these are Irish guys for you!

You asking if I have ever been to Europe? Ha!ha!ha!ha! I have. I have been to Spain too during the early 1990's, in Valencia and Madrid precisely. In my humble opinion, Spaniards definitely don't look Irish. They are more like Portuguese, Greeks or Italians, in America they will be more similar to the White Hispanics not the average Anglos.

Last edited by saxonwold; 06-12-2015 at 08:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I'm very into genetics and have seen loads of Irish results. I've had a few members of my family genetically tested so I can tell you the Irish are one of the most distant groups to Spanish or Portuguese people using dna. The closest population to the Spanish are the Southern French and Northern Italian and in the British Isles the closest population to any Spanish group (usually Catalonia) are the Cornish and then other English areas. The most distant populations in the British Isles to Spanish and Portuguese are the Irish and the Scots. Believe me they are not close populations and I say this just as fact. It is just not accurate to say otherwise.

If any Spanish or Portuguese has had their dna tested and uploaded to Gedmatch they can see this for themselves.
Yes as a whole, the Dutch, English are more closely related to the Spaniards/Basques than the Irish and Scots. Though all are still not closely related to Spaniards/Basques.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessel View Post
Who said that every blonde people with blue eyes in Ireland came from Scandinavia? That's your own invention and then you try to make an argument out of it? By the way, you should show more respect, it's not my fault if you feel insulted when you get to know that maybe some of your blood is not germanic but south european...

So, I said that with the scandinavian vikings because this makes a difference. If some centuries ago the population of celtic Spain and Irelan looked alike, some time later arabs came to Spain and Vikings to Ireland. So you can understand why some Irish and Spaniards still look the same and why some of them don't. It is just a matter of statistics, I never said every single blonde in Ireland came from Scandinavia, but the fact that the vikings came makes a higher rate of blonde people in Ireland, that's all. See the nonsense?

You can keep posting pictures of those girls there, but I repeat, Ireland is more than a bunch of pale girls.

One question, have you ever been in Europe?
I have never said that the Irish are Germanic, they are obviously predominantly Keltic! Trust me I don't feel insulted at all! Being Celtic doesn't mean being Southern European, you are just confused. I was just telling you facts and not myths. If you believed that before the Viking invasion that Ireland and Spain were the same, you are just having a sweet dream, they were not. Most of the Irish population is still descended from the Pre-Viking population and they have a much higher frequency of blue eyes, fair skin, red/blonde hair than Spaniards.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:28 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirgan misifus View Post
It's quite curious, because according to the same map, L-21 suffered a change once entering the Iberian peninsula.

But R1b is new, very new. Take into account that 8.000 years ago there were rather large "cities" with many houses in western Europe, and they were not hunter gatherers.. for them hunting was an sport.

The oldest city in western Europe, Cadiz, is 3.000 years old and was founded by Phoenicians, but now other large settlements have been found everywhere that are far older, settlements far away from the land. They were not R1b.

Or even take the oldest Homo Sapiens in Europe, 30.000 years ago.

So it seems, everything was erased by those very recent invaders.

So the remains in Cambridge attest what Scythes said, there were pirates from Jutland and the North in England before the Roman Invasion, and that Britanny's population was not substantially different from a genetic point of view to the one existing after invasions.

Take into account that all Western Europe not protected by PAX ROMANA was constantly invades by those people, they were just like ROMAS today.

In fact, the excuse Romans always had to invade territories was to protect them against barbarians, Cimbrians, Berbers, Parthians, Marcomanii, Jutes, etc.
R1b has had constant mutations and these are called snps (Single nucleotide polymorphisms). L21 is not very common in Spain. The branch that is more common in Spain is DF27 they are different branches of R1b. P312 was the branch that both L21 and DF27 split from and they split in Germany. R1b isn't very new it is many thousands of years old but it is relatively new in Europe.

No the remains in Cambridge don't attest to what Sykes said at all. The Hinxton 1 and 4 samples are similar to modern Irish and Scots populations. They are very northern shifted even more so than present day English people.

Otherwise I don't know what you are not understanding.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:55 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
But in the Cambridge finding, 2000 years old, there were three Anglo-Saxon females.
If Britanny was conquered in 43AD, it means that those "sea people" were already present in the population before Romans.
Romans came to protect Britons, as the invasions were growing in importance.

What I don't quite understand is the nexus between R1b and language, According to scholars, R1b is related to Indoeuropean languages..bronze..horses, etc. But people with a very high concentration of R1b spoke non-indoeuropean languages.
The vast majority of high R1b people speak Indo-European languages. Just because the Basque are different doesn't really change that fact. There is no doubt that R1b is from the Steppes and there could be other reasons why the Basque are a hold out in regards to language. The Basque have slightly different genetics in that they lack West Asian so there is obviously some puzzles to work out for the Basque.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
But in the Cambridge finding, 2000 years old, there were three Anglo-Saxon females.
If Britanny was conquered in 43AD, it means that those "sea people" were already present in the population before Romans.
Romans came to protect Britons, as the invasions were growing in importance.

What I don't quite understand is the nexus between R1b and language, According to scholars, R1b is related to Indoeuropean languages..bronze..horses, etc. But people with a very high concentration of R1b spoke non-indoeuropean languages.
Romans never came to protect, but to colonize and exploit them. The same way, European nations colonized Africa.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:34 AM

209 posts, read 304,154 times
Saxoworld Brazilians Portuguese for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xcun7W2l6E

Old 06-13-2015, 10:06 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalists View Post

That's not an accurate statement.

Blumenau, Brazil is known for it's German heritage not exactly Portuguese. Those people in the video are of primarily German, Italian ,and Azorean Portuguese ancestry in descending order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blumenau

Old 06-13-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalists View Post

Those are mostly White Brazilians and your point is? White Brazilians are Portuguese, other Iberians, Italian, Greek, Romanian, German, Luxembourger, Swiss, Slav, Dutch, Flemish, French, Walloon,Balt, Scandinavian, British and Irish. It's like me showing a video of a bunch of White Americans. Unless it is a Norwegian-American or Irish-American, etc... festivals then that is case.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:10 PM

The Spanish and Portuguese languages are indeed beautiful languages. A heritage to the Iberians coming from Roman colonization for more than 600 years. Hispania was the name of Iberia during Roman colonization. The term "Hispanic" is so similar.Hispania from whence came the word "Spain".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe