Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 04:36 PM

888 posts, read 1,592,224 times

Advertisements

Public schools are run by local and state governments, there are no "US public schools" that i know of. Obviously your mileage may vary alot depending on which state, municipality, or school district you happen to reside on. There are loads and loads of public schools that are good by anyones standards, even some with those black people that you seem to be so scared of.

If your russian friends don't like the US, they should leave. It's very hard to immigrate to the US, but i can assure you that leaving takes very little effort on the immigrants part, if they want out. May they not let the doorman put his foot in their ass on the way out.

Every military i know exists to protect the political and economical intrests of the country. Each one has a different set of circumstances as well as a different set of interets. Some may not like to admit it, even to themselves, but that's exactly what they do. This applies to the US military, as well as... want to guess which others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 04:43 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
Public schools are run by local and state governments, there are no "US public schools" that i know of. Obviously your mileage may vary alot depending on which state, municipality, or school district you happen to reside on. There are loads and loads of public schools that are good by anyones standards, even some with those black people that you seem to be so scared of.
I mean public in that public money pays for them. As opposed to private (just to clarify). I think you mean 'federal', of which there are none that I know of, either.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I mean public in that public money pays for them. As opposed to private (just to clarify). I think you mean 'federal', of which there are none that I know of, either.
Actually there might be some federally funded on some large military bases, but yes, i was talking about publicly funded municipal schools. I've received a small share of brainwashing in some of them.

I'm really anxiously waiting for the Minneapolis metro public schools vs. Russian public schools picture thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:59 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,068,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
What you talking about with "child care" here? I don't understand what you're trying to say.
You've said that there are no good paid ones in Egersheld.

Quote:
Please, tell me what the most expensive district in Vladivostok is for housing.
Downtown. Very original.

Quote:
How is choosing school pictures with a bunch of black kids somehow showing the school infrastructures are equal? Unless, of course...nah...not you, you wouldn't be implying something, would you?
I've googled for minnesota public schools. I didn't try to choose the worst photos - quite the opposite.

Quote:
By the way, cherry-picking is FUN! Shall I addle the thread with photos of Eden Prairie high school in Minnesota
It may be huge, and with some sport teams (that's an American thing), but that's about it.

This classroom looks awful. Like a prison.

Quote:
and then post pictures of school #38 in Vladivostok (as if you could find pictures of school #38 online)?

I wouldn't say that Vladivostok's worst looks dramatically worse than your best.

Quote:
You fail to realize that I have been to all the best public (and private, for that matter) schools in Vladivostok.
Better say finally why are they worse than American.

Quote:
for the most part they are in dire need of updating and repair.
Are or were?

School #38:

Quote:
I knew many students who went to the US on the FLEX program and came back and said they loved the schools.
Kids on vacation evaluated the quality of education?

Quote:
You want to talk about "infrastructure" in the downtown? Ok, let's. For instance, drink three liters of water then go to Arbat. Now, find some public restrooms.
Poor yankee, how did you live here without knowning that you can use restrooms in cafes, malls, offices, etc?

Quote:
Want to park your car? Oh, it's your problem: "Visitors be damned", huh? Nice argument
Good luck parking a car in London's downtown.

Quote:
And by the way, there is not enough parking in the center of the city for locals. There aren't tons of visitors driving to Vladik.
Locals of the downtown, not visitors from other parts of the city.

Quote:
Why are you saying that Vladivostokians are somehow worse than other Russians? What in the world are you talking about?!
They are one of the rudest and piggy people in Russia. If you don't know this... well, I'm not surprised.

Quote:
I like how you blame people for taking a job in a difficult district, while you should be blaming local government for not improving transport.
Build multi-story roads?

Quote:
It's not as though I lived in Vladivostok then took a job in Ussurisk. You're stretching here pretty bad.
There are many cities in the world, including US, where commuting to work between some different parts of the city is just plain insane.

Quote:
Hey, you know what, let's start another thread. I will post pictures (and identify them by name) from public schools only in the Minneapolis metro area, and you can do the same with public schools using the whole of Russia (that is, if you can find enough with Web sites)!
A school teacher doesn't know that they all have websites... I've posted enough already - now explain the difference from your experience.

Quote:
We can make similar threads with parking garages, public restrooms, and roads/highways. You get the WHOLE country, I just get Minneapolis metro area.
How fun!
To me it sounds idiotic. You're totally out of your mind.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:00 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,068,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
Public schools are run by local and state governments
That's exactly the case with US public schools.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Even more so: US "liberal democracy" is a fake - it has always been (by design - the founding fathers were afraid of democracy), and remains to this day. "Liberal democracy" is a fancy term for the oligarchy.
You are indeed entitled to your opinion, but the fact remains it is one of the two superpowers that has sustained itself and keeps going, while the other one collapsed a long time ago. Russia will never achieve the same kind kind of economic and cultural diversity and status, as well as worldwide influence as the US does. Not even close.

While what happened in russia after SU broke might indeed be considered a crime, the fact that it broke up was the best thing to happen in most peoples opinion. What is even better, it will never come back

Old 10-13-2012, 07:15 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Again, your experience is questionable.
Likewise.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Really?
Yes, really. Clearly, you have no clue. Oh well, so what else is new?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:

This classroom looks awful. Like a prison.
I wouldn't say that Vladivostok's worst looks dramatically worse than your best.
You're comparing what looks like a middle school or highschool classroom in the US with a gradeschool classroom in Russia, and pretending they're the same thing. Typical Soviet propaganda tactics. HS and Middle School kids don't take all their classes in the same room, they move from room to room. And the classrooms for older kids aren't decorated, as they are for small children.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:25 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times
So the challenge is on, russiaonline? Great, I'll start the threads this weekend...how fun!

(P.S. I know you're nervous because you've resorted to name-calling. That's ok, I will provide links so at least you won't call me a liar :-) This should be a blast, don't you agree? And just think, you have an entire country to cherry-pick from, while I only have one measly metro area. :-( ...enjoy! Thread coming soon!)

Last edited by jeffpv; 10-14-2012 at 12:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe