Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:34 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muciernagon View Post
Neuling

Again..all inhabitants from Europe are not originally European. Even Hitler recognized the fact since according to him..Arians came from India..and the svadtika is Indian. Germans and Hungarians are not huns..but they were i influenced by them and slavs..of course..Hitler removed them from hidtory. As to Neanderthals..believe it or not..but there are religious nuts from deep America that don.t believe in neanderthals or darwin.
Of course all people outside Africa date back to emigrants from Africa. Nobody said anything else...

Sure, Germans are not Huns, but they are sometimes called Huns, that is what I said. Just like they are called Krauts and some other terms that are not exactly flattering

Hitler, well, he was confusing genetics and languages. But that was common back then, his wealthy supporters and mentors from California did just the same. Their only excuse might be that the science of genetics as such was in its infancy back then. I don't even think that the Nazis really believed other ethnic groups were inferior, maybe even to the contrary, which was considered a threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Genetically displaced because the had blue eyes! Thats nonsense since population in eedtern europe at thst time were similar..and the surbiving brethrn ended in Finland because they wrre pushed therr by indoeipeans. I guess that you studied unfer the thirf reich..but all that was crap lied for idiots
Displaced referred to the current situation, not the blue eyes. It said in the study that genetically those ancient blue-eyed people were much more similar to modern Nordic people than to modern Spaniards.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
Quote:
Neuling

Again..all inhabitants from Europe are not originally European. Even Hitler recognized the fact since according to him..Arians came from India..and the svadtika is Indian. Germans and Hungarians are not huns..but they were i influenced by them and slavs..of course..Hitler removed them from hidtory. As to Neanderthals..believe it or not..but there are religious nuts from deep America that don.t believe in neanderthals or darwin.

What? Are you really serious? Hitler was fool, who shouldn't have chancellor of Germany and a crazy maniac who should have been put in a mental institution somewhere in Austria where he came from.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Because those were the inhabitants of Spain back then..there were no spanish or moderm germans 8.000 years ago....since Indpeuropeans had not arrivef yet. Those were thr people that setylrf nprthern europr that was covered by glacirrd 11,000 yesrs ahp
That is not certain. Again, they might as well have been migrants from somewhere else, like Oetzi was. Scientists need many more specimen from all over the Iberian peninsula in order to make such a statement.

All kinds of people came to Europe, both before and after the ice age, not just people who spoke Indo-Europeans languages (I doubt there is something like an Indo-European people, those were probably rather diverse people, who spoke Indo-European languages, though).

Old 02-01-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Actually, it said somewhere in those recent studies that the male offspring of such mixed parents were often pretty sterile, unlike the female offspring obviously, else they would not have mentioned the former.

I have no idea why you keep writing such weird things. Who said Europeans are less human than Africans?! In case you don't know, Neanderthals WERE humans as well. HSS was and is NOT the only human species. Asians are also mixed with other humans species, not only with Neanderthals.
It's just a fact, and I don't mind at all. I am not a racist, I don't believe for a minute that HSS are pure and nothing but HSS. I even like the fact that we are hybrids of various human species...

Just because we ultimately all date back to Africa, does not mean this refers only to HSS. Directly or indirectly the other human species have also come from there, at least that is what scientists currently believe. However, after millions of years in Asia etc. ancient humans there must have become quite different from their African ancestors. Just look how different Europeans are from Bushmen, who are considered the most ancient human ethnic group still alive. And the time separating us is at least an order less.

The ancestors of Europeans never were dark skinned like Africans, they used to be darker than modern Europeans of course, but not much darker than some native people in the Mediterranean today. Just saying because some people tend to think out-of-Africa means we had black ancestors, that is not the case.
Everything you said has already been revised. It is an established fact humans came out of the African continent to settle elsewhere around the world gradually through time. Yes indeed, our early ancestors were dark-skinned and not that much different from modern Africans who vary so much in skin color, a quick visit to Africa will let you know why in primitive conditions it would be essential to be dark-skinned when living in Africa. The Communist Chinese had a theory of them be different from the "Out of Africa" and chose rather to be from Homo-Erectus for so many years. Nevertheless with the advancement of genetical studies, it became too clear us(non-Africans) hail out of a small group of Africans who were precisely in East Africa(Homo Sapien Sapiens!) who left Africa for various reasons, drought could be one of them according to the National Geographic Genographic Project. The Chinese finally came to the same conclusion much later than the others when studying genetical sequences, they finally found out that they did not belong to some funny-looking hominids out there. However some old-schoolers are still ingrained with that theory. Our dispersal is much more recent than that of Neanderthals whoever they might have been. The Khoisan("Bushmen" is seen vulgar or racist because it was Europeans colonialists who call them so.) do have some of the oldest Y-chromosome sequences so far known, however that they are not exactly the original group, because they also changed since they had to adapt in a new environment in Southern Africa which is different from East Africa. Khoisan have a physical features that many other people share the epicanthic fold of the eye, seen in East, southeast, northern Asia, Siberia, indigenous people of the Americas, also some northern Scandinavians(the Saami, some Finnish), some northern Russians. Khoisan are over-all lighter-skinned than most Africans. The point was made by the Genographic when they quoted that all humans can be traced to one woman who was African(Mitonchondrial Eve). All non-Africans as we are if we go far enough in time genetically connected, while in Africa there is a much greater genetical diversity than the rest of the world. Because that was the reservoir of humanity. If we were so different species then it would be impossible to link us to one woman and impossible for us to donate our blood to others or even interbreed. Or to trace our genetic ancestry all the way to Africa, to see even what route were used for these great human migrations.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:49 PM

Nothing has been revised, actually genetic studies are confirming again and again what I wrote, namely that all non-Africans are NOT pure HSS, but mixed with Neanderthals and others ancient human species or races like the ones from Denisova. Again, you keep putting words in my mouth. Nobody has ever said anything about belonging to some "funny-looking hominids".

The fact that we are all related does not mean we are not mixed. It is like with race in the US. A friend of mine in Chicago has several children and grandchildren. Since my friend was married to someone of a different race, her children look very different from each other. And even more so her grandchildren. Still, of course one can easily prove they are all genetically related to each other and their mom/grandma.

For those ancient humans that always lived in southern Africa there was no need to be really dark-skinned like Bantus or Sudanese. They were as far from the equator as Northern Africa and Saudi-Arabia are.

Also, when you look at Ethiopians (where many think HSS came from, others think from southern Africa), they vary tremendously in terms of looks, some very African, others more like southern Arabs or Egyptians. Nobody knows (yet) which of those ethnic groups might be close to the HSS that left Africa.

A lot will still be discovered as modern humans start do dig for resources in more and more places, so HSS might have come from yet another place in Africa where finds predate the currently oldest finds.
I personally assume our ancestors were similar to the San, not black Africans like Bantus who probably didn't even exist yet back then. Just 3000 years ago Bantus for instance only lived in what is now SE Nigeria, from where they conquered half the continent within just 3 millenniums.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:18 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
A lot of people are missing something here:this was already well known.

The "Old" Europeans" are different from the "Indo-Europeans," which are later invaders. Old Europeans, who came from Anatolia, are primarily haplotype J2, and were the founders of The Danube Valley civilizations, and the Minoan civilization.

Though some people have suggested replacement, and it did somewhat happen with the Indo-Europeans, their bloodlines remain with us today in Southern and Eastern Europe, and these people also would have contributed to Mycenaean Greece, classical Greece, The Etruscans, and Rome. This is why Greeks were described as "Olive skinned."

As I am a quarter Italian, I hold out hope that maybe I have a bit of Old European DNA, although I am pretty darn pale.

Last edited by cachibatches; 02-01-2014 at 06:30 PM..

Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Actually, it said somewhere in those recent studies that the male offspring of such mixed parents were often pretty sterile, unlike the female offspring obviously, else they would not have mentioned the former.

I have no idea why you keep writing such weird things. Who said Europeans are less human than Africans?! In case you don't know, Neanderthals WERE humans as well. HSS was and is NOT the only human species. Asians are also mixed with other humans species, not only with Neanderthals.
It's just a fact, and I don't mind at all. I am not a racist, I don't believe for a minute that HSS are pure and nothing but HSS. I even like the fact that we are hybrids of various human species...

Just because we ultimately all date back to Africa, does not mean this refers only to HSS. Directly or indirectly the other human species have also come from there, at least that is what scientists currently believe. However, after millions of years in Asia etc. ancient humans there must have become quite different from their African ancestors. Just look how different Europeans are from Bushmen, who are considered the most ancient human ethnic group still alive. And the time separating us is at least an order less.

The ancestors of Europeans never were dark skinned like Africans, they used to be darker than modern Europeans of course, but not much darker than some native people in the Mediterranean today. Just saying because some people tend to think out-of-Africa means we had black ancestors, that is not the case.

It is interesting to note that Africans also have archaic human DNA of a different variety.

DNA hints at African cousin to humans | trueunknown

Old 02-02-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Displaced referred to the current situation, not the blue eyes. It said in the study that genetically those ancient blue-eyed people were much more similar to modern Nordic people than to modern Spaniards.
True, they were. The blue eyes are part of their colouring since most of the rest were dark or brown-eyed.
So what we have is an evolution from a dark-skinned early European(darker than the modern European but on a small scale like the one below:

to modern Europeans today after adapting to European climate after a change of diet and lifestyle from the hunter-gatherer to this:
Modern Europeans such as these two individuals from England with fairer complexions.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...52_306x423.jpg http://www.gbcanoeing.org.uk/gbc/cac...4BFF016470.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-02-2014 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 02-02-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
A lot of people are missing something here:this was already well known.

The "Old" Europeans" are different from the "Indo-Europeans," which are later invaders. Old Europeans, who came from Anatolia, are primarily haplotype J2, and were the founders of The Danube Valley civilizations, and the Minoan civilization.

Though some people have suggested replacement, and it did somewhat happen with the Indo-Europeans, their bloodlines remain with us today in Southern and Eastern Europe, and these people also would have contributed to Mycenaean Greece, classical Greece, The Etruscans, and Rome. This is why Greeks were described as "Olive skinned."

As I am a quarter Italian, I hold out hope that maybe I have a bit of Old European DNA, although I am pretty darn pale.
Modern Greeks are said to be different from ancient Greeks, there was quite some discussion years ago when a researcher said that modern Greeks are Slavic, unlike ancient Greeks.
The Greek vary quite a bit, just like on the Iberian peninsula one can't help but notice that despite the mixing it is unlikely for all Greeks to date back to the same genetic group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe