Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 05:33 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Gini index is a measure of the statistical dispersion of a sample.

I guess everyone is poor in Ukraine.
Yes but in many european countries, including Ukraine, tax is taken out before income is counted. Just like they have VAT adding to the cost of goods whereas in the USA the sales tax is added to the cost at the end. Apples to apples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 05:43 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yes but in many european countries, including Ukraine, tax is taken out before income is counted. Just like they have VAT adding to the cost of goods whereas in the USA the sales tax is added to the cost at the end. Apples to apples.

Where do you see that the Gini coefficient on is calculated on income before taxes and transfers
for some countries and not the others?

Old 03-19-2018, 05:51 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
On another note, I should definitely get into World of Tanks as it looks like a lot of fun. I'm just too busy playing other games atm. Far Cry 5 is coming out next week and it will be set in Montana.
You should look into it. I'm only going to allow myself one addiction when it comes to video games. I have been playing almost 6 years and I have most of the Soviet ., German and American lines. Over 80 vehicles total. The Soviet line is the biggest and most interesting. German and American are comparable but smaller and therefore a little limited in comparison. You can advance easily with the stuff they have available. Problem is that they've made it so easy us veterans are in our tier 10 tanks going against other tier 10 players that may have 20% of the experience we vets do. You end up kicking puppies in tier 10 tanks. if you do take it up don't go up too fast.

The was made by some computer nerds in Minsk and has been a huge success world wide. They can afford Superbowl adds. I also checked the stats and stuff about players ratings. I'm at 56% which is very good. What's weird is that the vast majority of top players in the world play on the RU server. You do find others from other countries but not very many. Maybe it's because Russians are cooped up in their apartments all winter so they play more.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
That also makes him bias. What makes you think that Putin cares about his country beyond projecting hard power in the world?
Because you need to look at Russia is doing strategically. They're maintaining a balance of power. That's not to say that if an asteroid were to wipe out the US tomorrow Russia wouldn't take steps to expand it's influence in the void left behind mind you. They would not be alone.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:09 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You should look into it. I'm only going to allow myself one addiction when it comes to video games. I have been playing almost 6 years and I have most of the Soviet ., German and American lines. Over 80 vehicles total. The Soviet line is the biggest and most interesting. German and American are comparable but smaller and therefore a little limited in comparison. You can advance easily with the stuff they have available. Problem is that they've made it so easy us veterans are in our tier 10 tanks going against other tier 10 players that may have 20% of the experience we vets do. You end up kicking puppies in tier 10 tanks. if you do take it up don't go up too fast.

The was made by some computer nerds in Minsk and has been a huge success world wide. They can afford Superbowl adds. I also checked the stats and stuff about players ratings. I'm at 56% which is very good. What's weird is that the vast majority of top players in the world play on the RU server. You do find others from other countries but not very many. Maybe it's because Russians are cooped up in their apartments all winter so they play more.
Suprising? Really? No... Not since Counter Strike was created.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:41 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
WOT RU server has a lot more on it than the NA server, so you will of course find more top players. And for the longest time, until 2016, they were hardly enforcing cheating on the RU server, but since have cracked down on it,

Old 03-19-2018, 06:51 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Replace Russia with the USA and you'd be right. The US is the one and only indispensable country in the world today. Without it, things will start falling apart elsewhere.
You are way too intelligent, cultured and articulate to make a comment like that...come on Milky....

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-19-2018 at 07:15 PM..

Old 03-19-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
WOT RU server has a lot more on it than the NA server, so you will of course find more top players. And for the longest time, until 2016, they were hardly enforcing cheating on the RU server, but since have cracked down on it,
The cheating was addressed in 2016 all across the board and there were cheats on all servers. I don't know it to be a problem today as I don't cheat nor have I ever been a victim of it. RNG is another story. A lot of people scream about Russian bias that's something fictional because I have been a victim of US bias when my IS 7 was beheaded by a T95 90 seconds into a match. I didn't even see the guy. If you look at the situation my IS 7 is practically blind. The T95 has a longer view range so he saw me first when I conveniently stopped and sat waiting for him to shoot me. It wasn't bias on his part, it was a bad move on me and the roll of the dice. RNG.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Same can be said of many countries, even the US reelected a president four times (which Congress decided to introduce term limits). Merkel has been head of Germany how long now? We have members of Congress that have been in power for decades. The typical norm throughout the world is that absent term limits, people are usually reelected.
...quite few Latin American countries have "no consecutive" term limits in their constitutions and popular presidents come back in power...including the "darling" of the west in that side of the world (Chile) considered one the best examples of modern Latin American country (stability, human rights, democracy and economic development)

I love when our friend DKM talk about Putin "stagnation" and lack of development...I wish he heard even a minute of current Putin speeches when he literally obsesses about the goals of economic development, focus on high tech and productivity, improving living standards making absolutely clear that he is not happy with the current state of affairs (despite enormous improvements) and a lot has to be done....he talks about income inequality all the time.

DKM talk about a caricature of Putin that does not exist in the real world, only in the fantasies of many in the western media establishment and political circles.

You would think that Sunday election would hit them like a 2X4 in the head and wake them up but do not hold your breath on that one....

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-19-2018 at 07:29 PM..

Old 03-19-2018, 07:22 PM

A vid on bias in the game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnRp2HnEs8

I have noticed that on Russian tanks and TDs with the 152mm gun it's best not aim or just shoot blind and let the hand of Stalin guide your shell. I wonder sometimes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJ3n5Mk2N4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe