Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 12:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Thank you Ichoro - this saved me a lot of time and effort.
Some people are in denial that in modern world the hostile takeover is not always done with the help of guns and tanks, but with the help of money.
Say no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd0Q4EnFN04&t=527s

Sadly people are too ignorant or foolish to see this. 35 years ago I was simply too ignorant, my hair was long and my thoughts were short and I was basically a dumbass. Once I got out into the world and started to see other things I got wiser and started to ask questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 12:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Congratulations to Russia for Putin's reelection, keeping the nutcase communists and nationalist out of power.
American business journalists in shock. They after all so hoped that "scoops" will die, and those who grew up on Facebook, YouTube and rollers of Navalny, will quickly destroy the country for "jeans and gum 2.0", and also opportunity to feel "the real Europeans". And it turned out that young people appreciate "stability", new opportunities and the fact that they live "better than their parents lived". There is no limit to Americans ' surprise. Perhaps the gradual "switching" of the Western discourse with the thesis "Putin is bad and a tyrant, and the people - the victim and under the yoke" thesis "All Russian - the universal evil, and Putin is only an episode in the millennial history of the Russian Empire of evil" is connected just with the fact that the West is gradually acquainted with our youth, and these young people don't like him. In my opinion, this is good news. But there are bad ones. The new generation is likely to have to build some death Star, otherwise ,there will be no peace of mind.. But I believe in them. They can handle it.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:44 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Just talked to my mother and received the latest scoop on events.
She is an avid supporter of the mentioned above monarch.
Don't ask.
All right!

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...90ab7da320.jpg

Old 03-18-2018, 01:17 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
Oh ok, pozdravlenia...I was hoping for someone like Navalny but better Putin than some of the supposed puppets who will just siphon russia's resources to America or so.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:31 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The alternative is what you're shilling for, external oligarchs taking control of Russia's resources. They take controlling ownership stakes in the resources, give contracts to US/UK/Chinese/Japanese construction firms and suppliers, hire foreign laborers, pay off local politicians, and build their own cities for their own foreign workers. That is globalization or neocolonialism in a nutshell. But first, there has to be a collapse in the currency or the commodity to steal the resources. The difference between Russia and other targeted states would be that they have no need for US military assistance which is often used to run up the debt in these colonies and make them subservient to the IMF and the US.
Its good to know that Russia cannot function as a normal state and thus has no better option than Putin style stagnation.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Oh ok, pozdravlenia...I was hoping for someone like Navalny but better Putin than some of the supposed puppets who will just siphon russia's resources to America or so.
There is no real competition allowed in "managed democracy". Only worse options are presented as choices.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Its good to know that Russia cannot function as a normal state and thus has no better option than Putin style stagnation.
Boiler Plate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boilerplate_text

There has to be more ink spilled about Putin by butthurt writers and propagandists all over the world than anyone in history.

He must be doing something right.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:51 PM

403 posts, read 221,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
YEEEEEEEEEEEEX RAZ, Escho raz, escho - mnogo mnogo, mnogo raz....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3pd-a-js8

vse ne tak rebyata..

Old 03-18-2018, 01:52 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Same can be said of many countries, even the US reelected a president four times (which Congress decided to introduce term limits). Merkel has been head of Germany how long now? We have members of Congress that have been in power for decades. The typical norm throughout the world is that absent term limits, people are usually reelected.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:06 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
It was me.

Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire
Russain wiki:
"Сати́ра (лат. satira) — резкое проявление комического в искусстве, представляющее собой поэтическое унизительное обличение явлений при помощи различных комических средств: сарказма, иронии, гиперболы, гротеска, аллегории, пародии и др."

I think this Visotsky's song was satira. ))
I've listened to it one more time to the very end (I didn't remember this song very well, apparently.)
You are right, it IS a satire.
With unexpected twist by the second part, that it's actually a satire directed against Russian anti-semites, not Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe