Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 01:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Court of Arbitration for Sport said that they are clean. But you say that they are not clean because they are Russian. The shame. The last time such words sounded in Europe 75 years ago.
And you should mention the butthurt that resulted when that error was corrected. Scarred the genetic memory of those who said it for eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 01:23 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
I don't follow all this sport drama.
But THIS was amazing.
The kind of beauty and grace, that's a trademark of Russian dancers.)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhKIV62YvA

Yep.
When Russians win, they usually win AGAINST ALL ODDS stacked against them.

Last edited by erasure; 02-11-2018 at 01:39 PM..

Old 02-11-2018, 01:38 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

https://youtu.be/0y6xUxaqNa4

Old 02-11-2018, 02:04 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:

Hang on Maxim, I need to translate this gem... At least the basic lines, at least partially)))

Patriotically-erotic song.

America doesn't like us,
Great Britain doesn't like us
Germany doesn't like us
Already for many centuries
France doesn't like us
Japan doesn't like us
With other words
Nobody likes us,
But everyone wants to f***ck us.

But we, but we
We can't live without love
And we, we don't want
To have intercourse without love.
For us the feeling of love
Is the most important one
And without love you can't have us.

...OK, we can understand you guys-
It's not easy to love us,
But before you'll try to get under our skirt,
You should be aware of something;
May be you'll be disappointed,
But Russia is a woman with a d**ck.
So it will be better for you
To not to pull your pants down,
When we are around)))

ROTFLMAO))))

Old 02-12-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't follow all this sport drama.
But THIS was amazing.
The kind of beauty and grace, that's a trademark of Russian dancers.)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhKIV62YvA

Yep.
When Russians win, they usually win AGAINST ALL ODDS stacked against them.
Going to be hard to beat. I wish them the best.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:27 AM

Dutch Foreign Minister he lied about what Putin said.

TASS: World - Dutch top diplomat confesses to lying about meeting with Putin in 2006

I wouldn't allow the prick back on Russian soil.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:53 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Court of Arbitration for Sport said that they are clean. But you say that they are not clean because they are Russian. The shame. The last time such words sounded in Europe 75 years ago.
Well no they did not say that at all. They simply said the direct evidence was lacking. Without saying the reason the evidence is lacking (Russia destroyed the evidence). Their mechanism doesn't work when the state is the one doing the cheating because it controls the anti doping agency. Cheaters get their flag removed from the games and they blame America LOL. I guess Putin didn't count on the IOC being able to ban players after he had the samples destroyed.

Last edited by DKM; 02-12-2018 at 11:33 AM..

Old 02-12-2018, 11:31 AM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Both you and Ari are incorrect. Finland Sweden and Norway via the Red Cross took in Russian orphans from Leningrad. I remember pictures of an orphanage Helsinki funded by the Red Cross and another in Oslo. Of note is what the Finnish nurses were wearing. Ushankas and great coats like Russians wore in the winter. Damned if I can find anything on the internet about it though.

Children were most of the first individuals to be evacuated and the vast majority were shipped by train throughout the Soviet Union to orphanages. 100s of 1000s.
Sorry, Scrat. I really really do not think so.
You cannot find it on internet (and neither am I - I looked into it) - because it did not happened.
I personally wanted to believe that Mannerheim did something like this - he was Chairman of Finnish Red Cross 1922-1951 and involved in Child Welfare Association but I could not find anything supporting your statement. Finns actually "harassing" the Road of Life to a point That Churchill had to send them a letter - to stop or else. Finns also captured families that managed to escape from Leningrad. Where those families were sent? Probably to Finnish concentration camps...
I admire Mannerheim for what he was as a person and truly believe personally that Mannerheim’s reservedness and wisdom had saved Leningrad from destruction. Well, hell, Finland too.
I am trying to get his memoirs on eBay or amazon if they will go below $100 just to learn the truth "from the horses mouth".
Red Cross was accused after WWII for not helping enough. Hitler (or rather Himmler) let them send packages to Allies POWs, closed their eyes on almost entire Dutch Jewish population escaping to Sweden.
But refused any help to Soviet POWS.
If something like what you think happened - it would be all over the internet (including Finnish).
And, if Ariete says it did not happen - take his word for it...
Red Cross said it did not help Soviets because the USSR did not sign Geneva Convention and the Red Cross could only operate in countries that allowed it to operate. In August 1941 Soviets agreed to set up an office in Ankara to exchange lists of POWs with Germans but it did not go far.
Anyway, here is a timeline of the siege:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effect...ion_evacuation
and scroll to p.5 Civilian evacuation.
You will see the Three Waves of evacuation.
You are absolutely right - Russian evacuated children first.
First Wave in August 1941 336000 civilians mostly children were evacuated.
Could be still possible by train... but to Northern Russia and Siberia together with industrial stuff, Hermitage treasures, etc..
But last two waves were through lake Ladoga to Russia.
There is no way they could have done it through Baltic sea.

The bottom line is:

The pictures that you saw could be Finnish Red Cross evacuating Finns during the Winter War to Sweden and Norway - it did happen. Could be Finn children from Soviet territories? I don't know.

Or the First Wave Russian evacuation by Russians - all Russian trucks , trains, ships that evacuated wounded had red crosses on them (on top too), but they were bombed by Germans anyway...

Old 02-12-2018, 11:33 AM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Finally, Maxim, something is worth watching...
LMAO

Old 02-12-2018, 11:36 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
The Germans really just wanted Leningrad's people to die off right? They didn't want to feed them so didn't want to occupy it. It was strategically pointless since they controlled the entire Baltic... sick stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe