Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 04:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Good way to prevent having to pay them pensions or expose what they did in Ukraine...
There's a lot Ukropean Einsatzgruppen that won't be getting pensions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 06:55 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia has mercs too. In 2014 a lot of Russians came to fight in the Donbas, that's undeniable. Some came for the thrill and a chance to kick fascist butt, some came for money. Same in Syria.

As for those pics I could be wrong but I doubt it. I'm going to keep looking. I just talked to a librarian/archivist in Bellevue Wa. She said it could have come through various means from the original country and I might have luck there. Not all material is archived and to find one article that far back or a book on such a specific matter/incident that may not have been widely published may be next to impossible. She said to get hold of a large library in Finnland or even the one in St Pete.

Not a lot of options.
I know, that's why I'd like to know the source stating that ONLY 4 were killed.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times
By tracking those ID'd as fighting in Ukraine. The Ukrainians tracking them online have discovered 3 former DNR fighters that were killed in Syria on Thursday/Friday. In one account, another Russian was named killed but has not appeared in Ukrainian databases. So that's the 4 I heard of... I think 3 were on Necromancer's site/twitter. Heard of him? He's a Donetsk native living in Ukraine outside of Russian control using his contacts there to post stories about things in Donetsk. Definitely not someone Russians are fond of...

Old 02-12-2018, 08:07 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
By tracking those ID'd as fighting in Ukraine. The Ukrainians tracking them online have discovered 3 former DNR fighters that were killed in Syria on Thursday/Friday. In one account, another Russian was named killed but has not appeared in Ukrainian databases. So that's the 4 I heard of... I think 3 were on Necromancer's site/twitter. Heard of him? He's a Donetsk native living in Ukraine outside of Russian control using his contacts there to post stories about things in Donetsk. Definitely not someone Russians are fond of...
"Tracking" what online?
Who? Where?
Where do they find those names?

Old 02-12-2018, 08:31 PM
DKM

There's a group of Ukrainians tracking everyone who has taken up arms against Ukraine. You can check one of their facebook accounts, I think the gruz 200 is a good place to start, but those are just for Russians who were killed. They are tracking Ukrainians too.

For example, one guy died from Asbest named Stasa Masteev. He has not been linked to fighting for the DNR, but only tracked in Crimea. His friend Igor Kosoturov also from the same town in Siberia also just died, he has been linked to fighting in Ukraine. You piqued my interest and now there are 5 guys ID'd as killed there. Oh well what's the point, gruesome subject.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:38 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/w...m-navalny.html

Russian government seems to hate the internet. Would you guys be okay if Russia blocked YouTube and Instagram? How would the citizens react if this were to happen?

Old 02-13-2018, 02:31 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Well no they did not say that at all. They simply said the direct evidence was lacking. Without saying the reason the evidence is lacking (Russia destroyed the evidence). Their mechanism doesn't work when the state is the one doing the cheating because it controls the anti doping agency. Cheaters get their flag removed from the games and they blame America LOL. I guess Putin didn't count on the IOC being able to ban players after he had the samples destroyed.
You are guilty, but we can not prove your guilt. But you are guilty. And you get punishment, your Olympic champions stay at home.

The West has completely gone mad. Circus of morons.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM

403 posts, read 221,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
As for those pics I could be wrong but I doubt it. I'm going to keep looking. I just talked to a librarian/archivist in Bellevue Wa. She said it could have come through various means from the original country and I might have luck there. Not all material is archived and to find one article that far back or a book on such a specific matter/incident that may not have been widely published may be next to impossible. She said to get hold of a large library in Finnland or even the one in St Pete.

Not a lot of options.
Don't worry about it. It could be just an honest mistake of that book's author.
There were some photographs on Pinterest that I had to look at twice myself. Why? It showed "Finnish war children being evacuated by Finnish Red Cross from the town near Leningrad". Finnish border was not that far from Leningrad - don't remember exactly, but may be 30 km?
It could be confusing.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:17 AM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
You are guilty, but we can not prove your guilt. But you are guilty. And you get punishment, your Olympic champions stay at home.

The West has completely gone mad. Circus of morons.
There is actually a lot of evidence of this cheating including the majority of Russian athletes named were, in fact, found to have PED's in their system upon retesting. A small number were found to not have "dirty" samples because the samples from the actual games were missing. That's it.

You are somehow blaming the "west" for the WADA and IOC decisions which are not western organizations. This attitude is only going to further ostracize Russia from the civilized world. The clown is your "president" who runs your country like a mafia organization and threatens to shut down YouTube for showing a video of how your government is run. The morons are any Russian people who believe they are victims of evil conspiracies when their "president" is caught running a drugged up Olympic team.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:29 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
There is actually a lot of evidence of this cheating including the majority of Russian athletes named were, in fact, found to have PED's in their system upon retesting. A small number were found to not have "dirty" samples because the samples from the actual games were missing. That's it.
DKM, do you understand the situation? Or do you understand only your propaganda? I repeat: The main sports court ruled that most of the athletes are clean. Medals from Sochi are returned to athletes. Russia returned to the first place in the medal standings in Sochi. Stop writing about a lot of evidence. The court did not consider this evidence as correct. Repeat. The court recognized most of the athletes are clean. The end. Do not play a fool.

Quote:
You are somehow blaming the "west" for the WADA and IOC decisions which are not western organizations.
Look at the initiators of this performance. English, Americans, Canadians, Germans... The result of the performance is illegal removal of athletes from the Olympics. IOC should be reorganized.

Quote:
This attitude is only going to further ostracize Russia from the civilized world.
You criticize the decision of the court. This is not a civilized world.

Quote:
The clown is your "president" who runs your country like a mafia organization and threatens to shut down YouTube for showing a video of how your government is run.
It's not of your business. You're not Russian.

Quote:
The morons are any Russian people who believe they are victims of evil conspiracies when their "president" is caught running a drugged up Olympic team.
This is a piece of propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe