Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 09:59 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
As in... "he opened his big mouth and blurted out what we knew all along anyways."

This kind of idiot?
No. Dick Cheney said lots of stupid things, and that doesn't mean that everyone else thinks the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 10:09 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No. Dick Cheney said lots of stupid things, and that doesn't mean that everyone else thinks the same way.
Ariete, it's obvious that not ALL Americans think the same, (those on the Capitol Hill including.)

The question is, what kind of opinion PREVAILS at any given time.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:00 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Полный песец (sorry I don't have any other words to identify it,) but why this clown of "opposition" is giving a press-conference in Washington DC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDdYHAJ8X5c

Never mind. I know why. All this "opposition" has ties to the "Union of Right Forces" that served American interests back in the 90ies, which Russians don't want to see anywhere near their government now.
This is a nutshell, exemplifies everything that is wrong with the current mentality.
Opposition to Putin = funded by the US

As long as this mindset prevails, progress will be slow. Most educated Russians see the bs that Putin is spewing to remain in power.

I suggest you check out Kasparov's book
Winter Is Coming: Why Vladimir Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped (2015, Public Affairs)

Quote:
Annexation of Crimea
Kasparov has spoken out against the 2014 Russian annexation of Crimea and has stated that control of Crimea should be returned to Ukraine after the overthrow of Vladimir Putin without additional conditions.
When a chess champion speaks against you, then you know something is wrong.

Need I remind you what happened to, Boris Nemstov, ***** Riot and others.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
This is a nutshell, exemplifies everything that is wrong with the current mentality.
Opposition to Putin = funded by the US

As long as this mindset prevails, progress will be slow. Most educated Russians see the bs that Putin is spewing to remain in power.

I suggest you check out Kasparov's book
Winter Is Coming: Why Vladimir Putin and the Enemies of the Free World Must Be Stopped (2015, Public Affairs)

When a chess champion speaks against you, then you know something is wrong.

Need I remind you what happened to, Boris Nemstov, ***** Riot and others.
"Chess champion" himself was funded by the US, when he was promoting anti-Putin stance in Russia.
Are you aware of that?

Old 02-08-2018, 11:23 PM

So far this is the only opposition to Putin that is not supported by the US ( West in general.)
This particular person who runs against Putin, and who was nominated by the CPRF and coalition of other left forces in Russia.
Do you see American media touting him ( as it touts Navalny/Nemtsov et al.)?
Do you see HIM coming to Washington DC for press-conferences?
If no, ask yourself why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGn4NvgoeDk&t=52s

Old 02-08-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
So far this is the only opposition to Putin that is not supported by the US ( West in general.)
This particular person who runs against Putin, and who was nominated by the CPRF and coalition of other left forces in Russia.
Do you see American media touting him ( as it touts Navalny/Nemtsov et al.)?
Do you see HIM coming to Washington DC for press-conferences?
If no, ask yourself why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGn4NvgoeDk&t=52s
I don't speak Russian, so tell me why.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I don't speak Russian, so tell me why.
Because the "left" is not going to promote American corporate interests in Russia, unlike Kasparov and the rest of the right forces. Even if the left is every bit as anti-Putin ( and then some more) as Nemtsov-Navalny and Sobchak.

It's that simple.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
"Chess champion" himself was funded by the US, when he was promoting anti-Putin stance in Russia.
Are you aware of that?
Why must everyone be funded according to you?

You don't see me complain about Russian funding of Trump or LePen in France, though both allegations have been made. Why? Because i'm smart enough to understand why both candidates had impressive runs even if I dislike them.

Another thing I've noticed, is that you explicitly target the US in all your rants. What bout the UK, France, Germany...

Old 02-09-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Why must everyone be funded according to you?
It all goes back to...pre-2012 times?

Before the "foreign agent law" was signed by Putin.

'The Russian "foreign agent" law, officially "On Amendments to Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation regarding the Regulation of the Activities of Non-profit Organisations Performing the Functions of a Foreign Agent", is a law in Russia that requires non-profit organizations that receive foreign donations and engage in "political activity" to register and declare themselves as foreign agents.[1'

Before that, it was a common practice that political opposition in Russia was funded by the US. In fact Kasparov himself was on a board of Heritage Foundation ( or one of its affiliates - don't remember now off top.)

Quote:
You don't see me complain about Russian funding of Trump or LePen in France, though both allegations have been made. Why? Because i'm smart enough to understand why both candidates had impressive runs even if I dislike them.
Well where do you think Putin learns all his tricks?

( I don't believe that he "funds Trump" by the way))))

Quote:
Another thing I've noticed, is that you explicitly target the US in all your rants. What bout the UK, France, Germany...
Because the nineties were orchestrated specifically by the US, not UK France or Germany.
They were not the ones sitting in Kremlin and issuing orders, that were signed by Yeltsin as presidential decrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwemQR59wbw&t=2s

Old 02-09-2018, 12:47 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Полный песец (sorry I don't have any other words to identify it,) but why this clown of "opposition" is giving a press-conference in Washington DC?
She pay money for this dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe