Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 06:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times

Advertisements

Inevitable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnbfcL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 01:14 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I saw Shoygu yesterday on TV reading the report off the paper about the latest drill of US/NATO simulating the nuclear attack on Russia twenty kilometers away from the Russian border.
The way he looked at that point - "Boy, this report is too long. I'd rather go and take care of business already."

Old 11-25-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I saw Shoygu yesterday on TV reading the report off the paper about the latest drill of US/NATO simulating the nuclear attack on Russia twenty kilometers away from the Russian border.
The way he looked at that point - "Boy, this report is too long. I'd rather go and take care of business already."
Just wait until what's on the horizon comes down the pike.

I don't see this improving any time soon.

In other news there was an explosion at a mine. 40+ died in the initial disaster and later, 6 rescuers. There's too much CO2 in the mine now to allow for life to continue so rescue operations have ceased. Most miners were evacuated.

I will bet good money they set aside safety procedures to up production.

https://www.rt.com/russia/541355-min...onfirmed-dead/

Old 11-26-2021, 11:18 AM

But of course it was about safety violations.
(I am talking about the mine explosion.)
And why not?
It's all about profits above all in capitalist Russia.
Now when 50 people are dead, there will be *investigations* and all, the *guilty * will be punished and bla-bla, but safety violations are all over the place in the name of mighty profits.
As I 've said before, American style capitalism is a good thing for America, but not for Russia, because of the difference in mentality.

Old 11-26-2021, 12:08 PM

I heard the explosion took place in the ventilation system. They pump air in and pull air out or one way or another.

How much do you want to bet the mine had not been shut down in order to clean the air system? Coal dus accumulated in the exhaust system and the fine coal dust mixed with air found a spark.

A mine is no good if it's not working. It would have taken 1 or 2 days to clean that system. How long has the mine been closed now?

That's not good business, if that's what happened. It may have been a methane explosion too but once again ensuring everything is in working order can prevent that.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:38 PM

TU-22M take off. Al most came back because of communications problems but got on with another air control tower.

4:00. Why Russian planes are called vodka burners. The use vodka for fuel thus the blue alcohol flames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKjSLwgLjgE&t=9s

Old 11-30-2021, 07:29 PM

Lukashenko clearly and publicly stated that if the US deploys nukes in Poland he will allow Russian nukes in Belarus. The US said it was an option.

And the beating of the drums continues.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:10 AM

Ukraine troop buildup on Russian border.

https://www.rt.com/russia/541829-ukr...loyed-donbass/

Old 12-04-2021, 08:26 AM

From the WP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnb7Kz

I don't think this is a bluff on the WPs part.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
From the WP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnb7Kz

I don't think this is a bluff on the WPs part.
Oh well.
This is what Jens Stoltenberg, the head of NATO said three days ago;

“Russia has no veto. Russia has no say. And Russia has no right to establish a sphere of influence, trying to control their neighbours,” Stoltenberg told reporters, pounding his podium."

And that was not all that he said.
Obviously something about the "will of Ukrainian people" needed to be inserted in the midst of his speech.

So here it goes;

"This idea that NATO’s support to a sovereign nation is the provocation, is just wrong. It’s to respect the sovereignty and the will of the Ukrainian people,” he said, adding that Ukraine is an independent state, its borders must be safe and its neighbours must not violate them."

I saw that "will of the Ukrainian people" back in 2014, when the Eastern Ukrainians were trying to stop the tanks rolling from Kiev with their bare hands.

But THAT will didn't count.

It was the wrong kind of will, and it was suppressed by the howitzers and the bombing of the area.

Putin let it go and here it it is - the NATO is pressing to his borders.

A costly mistake that betrayal was ( in the name of money,) as I've said many times.

P.S. The question now is whether Zelensky and Co will decide to attack the LDNR or not, claiming the "integrity of Ukrainian territory" and blah-bla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe