Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 02:30 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
In the interests of my time, and keeping my posts on track instead of all over the place, I am purposefully limiting my comments to the Ukraine situation as it is now.

Right now, Russia initiated an invasion of an independent democratic state. That's why the world is against Russia. Get rid of Putin. Rise up against Putin. You will find out what sort of man he is.
How sweet.Don't you feel disgusted with yourself?
such extreme cynicism. You see it here, but here it's uncomfortable for you and you don't see it, but you don't want to know this at all, and you want to exclusively exude a stream of organic matter..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 02:31 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
For defensive from whom? Until your future president took the chair of the president of Ukraine in 2014, relations between Russia and Ukraine were good and there was no question of any military conflict. Russia rented military bases in Ukraine without any problems.

https://dosie.su/wp-content/uploads/...bb878448b.jpeg
Yanukovych, Putin's little b.tch

Old 02-27-2022, 02:34 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
[quote=Maksim_Frolov;62984451]They are Mexicans. Mexico must choose its own destiny, right? You are avoiding the answer because you understand that I am right. But it's more pleasant for you to write about crazy dictator than to understand the causes of the conflict.[/QUOTE]

Russia has invaded a sovereign state THAT is the cause of the conflict, Russia wants peace? Then how about p*ssing off back across to their side of the border?! No matter how 'nasty' you (or anybody else) think Ukranians are they are NOT the one's who have invaded another country! Its not rocket science and you Russia bots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...%20of%20Russia. are going to have a hard time convincing the world otherwise!

Russian's were already 'unpopular' but now Putin has turned Russia into the Pariah of the world! Apart from the brave Russian soul's who risk their lives or livelihoods by simply protesting against the war the whole world is united against this tyrant. You guys are going to have to think of something 'new' because the propaganda you're using isn't working (obviously).

Old 02-27-2022, 02:37 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Yanukovych, Putin' little b.tch

Russia has leased military bases in Ukraine under all presidents since the collapse of the Soviet Union. And problems arose only after the coup in 2014.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:38 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I understand, and agree; Russia needs a buffer zone.
Every country desires this, and the same reason China wants Taiwan.
Perhaps you should ask yourself why those NATO weapons were placed there to begin with.
Do you really think NATO or Ukraine had any intention of invading your country?.
I think not, those were placed for defensive purposes.
And judging by recent events, rightly so.
Perhaps this is what Putin really wants:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...eed-the-world/
National Atlas Of Ukraine

NOW you are saying that "I understand and agree; Russia needs a buffer zone."

But before Putin made his latest move, he made his objections to be known to the Western governments. He put it in writing, he sent Lavrov (Nebenzya) and the rest to all the "high places" to explain his concerns, but reaction that followed was "No, we don't hear you, or rather "we hear you selectively. We think we are onto something here, prompting this Nationalist regime next to you, they are doing great, growing more hateful to your country by the day - we just need to send them more instructors and weapons, and everything goes as it's planned. So what were you saying? Yeah... we might think of couple of things here and there to address your grievances, but we'll choose ourselves which ones."

That's how it was, for quite some time, so why are you surprised now?

Or did you miss all the CNN/ABC/BBC reports, or were they reporting anything at all for the last two months of negotiations?

Old 02-27-2022, 02:38 PM

Russia is a sinking ship.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:42 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
[quote=easthome;62984670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
They are Mexicans. Mexico must choose its own destiny, right? You are avoiding the answer because you understand that I am right. But it's more pleasant for you to write about crazy dictator than to understand the causes of the conflict.[/QUOTE]

Russia has invaded a sovereign state THAT is the cause of the conflict, Russia wants peace? Then how about p*ssing off back across to their side of the border?! No matter how 'nasty' you (or anybody else) think Ukranians are they are NOT the one's who have invaded another country! Its not rocket science and you Russia bots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...%20of%20Russia. are going to have a hard time convincing the world otherwise!
Russian's were already 'unpopular' but now Putin has turned Russia into the Pariah of the world! Apart from the brave Russian soul's who risk their lives or livelihoods by simply protesting against the war the whole world is united against this tyrant. You guys are going to have to think of something 'new' because the propaganda you're using isn't working (obviously).

To the point that when the Russian civilians were bombed in Donbass, the West kept pretending that it's all "democratic."
Very well then, Russians already know that they are "unpopular" judging even by this simple thing, so they have nowhere to go, but to keep on pressing forward as usual.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:46 PM

6,787 posts, read 4,230,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
If Ukraine wants to join NATO, that is their prerogative.

It is news to me that Ukraine has nuclear weapons.

I don't think we actually really want Ukraine to be in NATO. I don't think any American or Western European in all actuality wants to die over the matter of which guy called Pavel or Sergei runs the show in Kiev, Ukraine.

People can act all tough and talk about Chamberlain and what not, but let's clarify a few things, equating Putin to Hitler is selling Hitler significantly short and reminds me of all the nonsense calling Saddam Hussein Hitler (and that turned out so well for everyone). Secondly, Hitler didn't have nukes.

No guarantees were made for Hungary in 1956 or Czechoslovakia in 1968. No intervention was seriously considered. Why? Because Krushchev and Breshnev did have nukes. And so does Putin. So it's time to put the bravado back in the cupboard and deal with the real world.

No place in Eastern Europe is worth American kids in Kansas and Illinois and Tennessee getting pulverized.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:59 PM

[Mod cut: rude]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sanctions.html

Last edited by elnina; 02-28-2022 at 12:57 AM..

Old 02-27-2022, 03:05 PM

The Russian savages

https://nypost.com/2022/02/27/tragic...ssian-attacks/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe