Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 03:17 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times

Advertisements

Putin's billionaires are deserting him. That will probably embolden more people to speak up https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-of-ukraine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 03:18 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
[quote=erasure;62984718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post

To the point that when the Russian civilians were bombed in Donbass, the West kept pretending that it's all "democratic."
Very well then, Russians already know that they are "unpopular" judging even by this simple thing, so they have nowhere to go, but to keep on pressing forward as usual.
Even if they were two wrongs don't make a right, fact is it is NOT the Ukrainian's that have invaded Russian territory it IS the other way around no? How many lives has Putin cost over the last few days (both Ukranian and Russian ones)? And for what? For 19th Century style of imperialism! Ask yourself what happens if Putin does annex the Ukraine? You think the Ukrainian's will be thankful!! It will be another Afghanistan for Russia, it will cost the Russian people their wealth, Russia will no longer be able to partake in the worlds sports or culture, hell even the Eurovision Song Contest has banned Russia from their competition already! Putin lives in the 19th Century and as well as the poor Ukrainians he has murdered he is making everyday Russians pay the price.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:34 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
John McCain (RIP): Russia is a 'gas station masquerading as a country'

Old 02-27-2022, 03:49 PM

4,949 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
NOW you are saying that "I understand and agree; Russia needs a buffer zone."

I never stated it was acceptable to simply take one.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:52 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Russia is a sinking ship.
And its economy is smaller than Italy's and Canada's. Gosh they must be doing something right.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:57 PM

4,949 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Until your future president took the chair of the president of Ukraine in 2014, relations between Russia and Ukraine were good and there was no question of any military conflict. Russia rented military bases in Ukraine without any problems.

If you have this answer, please:
What reasoning was given by NATO in their refusal to remove these weapons on the border?.
TY

Old 02-27-2022, 03:58 PM

401 posts, read 534,447 times
I am just curious:

In one week Putin managed to enter a ****-storm in Ukraina, have Sweden and Finland consider Nato membership, put the world on nuclear alert and best of all..Germany is back in the arms race..

And tomorrow the ruble is going to tank..

No wonder the Russian people are thankful of Their Wonderful Leader..

Old 02-27-2022, 04:01 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I never stated it was acceptable to simply take one.

I didn't say you did.

So you *acknowledge it hypothetically speaking,* but nothing was going to be done in PRACTICAL sense of it.

And Putin realized it after two months of negotiations.

Old 02-27-2022, 04:26 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
[quote=easthome;62984969]
Quote:

Even if they were two wrongs don't make a right, fact is it is NOT the Ukrainian's that have invaded Russian territory it IS the other way around no? How many lives has Putin cost over the last few days (both Ukranian and Russian ones)? And for what? For 19th Century style of imperialism! Ask yourself what happens if Putin does annex the Ukraine? You think the Ukrainian's will be thankful!! It will be another Afghanistan for Russia, it will cost the Russian people their wealth, Russia will no longer be able to partake in the worlds sports or culture, hell even the Eurovision Song Contest has banned Russia from their competition already! Putin lives in the 19th Century and as well as the poor Ukrainians he has murdered he is making everyday Russians pay the price.

Oh snap out of it already Easthome.
Here, I'll repost this specially for you;

Quote:
Geggo, you can stop right there.

I'll repeat one more time, and I hope you'll start paying attention.

What you see ON A SURFACE as some "centrist government" is NOT who rules the country in reality.

This is part of explanation;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62937472-post250.html

Then you can read more on Zelensky - I made few posts here;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/euro...aine-1590.html

and if all this is not enough - this is pretty accurate too I think; ( so American "left" is finally waking up to things I've been talking about for few last years here on this forum already, but of course they have their own slant here.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtOx6dW_0vU&t=3s

And since their ( Ukrainian Nationalists) whole agenda is based on hatred towards the Russian state, they are indeed dangerous.

And they are supplied with weapons and instructors from NATO counties, growing stronger by day.)

Unless you know all this, you won't understand why Putin took such risky step lately.

( But it's not like he hasn't been warned about this danger already seven years ago, by certain person, who organized the original resistance in Donbass to the new puppet regime in Kiev in 2104.)

Old 02-27-2022, 04:30 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Fact checking https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/fact-c...aine-1.6365682
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe