Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2022, 08:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 956,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
You don't know much about Russia.You judge her by the materials that your media give. Naturally, they demonize Russia at every opportunity.They have been given such an attitude: Everything is bad in Russia, it is a backward third world country. Meanwhile, Russia is not far behind the United States and Western countries in terms of technology, and in some cases surpasses them. And uh, as for rights and freedoms, judging by the materials that I see on the web, Russia has gone far ahead. And in my opinion, America is much more totalitarian in some aspects than Russia.

Yup, pretty much anything said about foreign countries by US media can be ignored or taken with high suspicion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 08:19 PM

2,309 posts, read 956,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia is sending troops to Khazhakstan.

From what I have been hearing protests started about 5 days ago due to the doubling of fuel prices. After a day or 2 the riots got violent and some rioters turned to looting and destruction.

It was anarchy yesterday. The government asked for support.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g8p3-TVGV30

It seems highly suspicious that a protest about gas prices can escalate into protestors being armed and shooting police and burning official buildings down.
I'm almost certain they're being helped by external forces.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
An interesting interview, in which a former Pentagon advisor talks about Russia and Ukraine...

https://thegrayzone.com/2022/01/06/u...tagon-advisor/
That has been obvious to people who follow world politics all through history. Rome conquered the Dacians not because they were a threat but because of the silver in the Carpathians. Rome tried to conquer the Germans across the Rhine because of the tax potential and for no other reason.

America did not have to get involved in either world war in Europe but did because you know who wanted to.

This does seem to be unstoppable. Does anyone know/remember what Eisenhower said?

Old 01-08-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
It seems highly suspicious that a protest about gas prices can escalate into protestors being armed and shooting police and burning official buildings down.
I'm almost certain they're being helped by external forces.
The question is who though? I really think this is more of an internal matter.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:23 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, sad video. People being proud of their ignorance, might as well be Germans or Americans...

I feel it's all downhill worldwide, as far as the general intellectual level goes ( speaking of the younger generations.)

Old 01-08-2022, 10:29 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
The question is who though? I really think this is more of an internal matter.

They arrested more than 3,000 people ( like in Belorussia.)
So they are looking into it now, what kind of people participated in it.

For me personally the infiltration of the radical islamists is the biggest concern.
So far a lot of indications that they were there, so seeing the Russian troops entering the area is a good thing.

The heck with Putin.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:42 AM

I am hearing numbers as high as 5000 arrested now. There was some Jazz musician fron Kyrgyzstan that was paid to get involved.

If true, paid by whom?

Right now every western NGO in that country, in that region is in deep trouble. I guess there are a lot of them.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:04 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
I am hearing numbers as high as 5000 arrested now. There was some Jazz musician fron Kyrgyzstan that was paid to get involved.

If true, paid by whom?

Right now every western NGO in that country, in that region is in deep trouble. I guess there are a lot of them.
Found this in a comment under a video:

"Nearly 38,000 civil society organizations, most of which are funded by the United States and European countries, currently operate in Kazakhstan, according to the International Center for Non-Profit Law. Some of the US/EU funds regime change operations."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qo8d6vZnE0

Old 01-09-2022, 09:19 AM

Those NGOs are (with some exceptions) in fact Trojan horses. They're not just backed up by foreign governments, rich expats living outside the country and the diaspora that has a bone to pick with the current government. Rich Oligarchs living abroad buy politicians off. It's what happened in Ukraine.

I think this was a dispute between the out going Nazurbayev clan and the new Tokareyev of whatever their names are. Nazurbayev had a definite tilt towards the West and the other guy not so much. Considering what western corporations have invested there and who this new group has as friends (China) I think Western interests right now are very, very nervous.

Old 01-09-2022, 09:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I feel it's all downhill worldwide, as far as the general intellectual level goes ( speaking of the younger generations.)
I suppose that video might as well be a fun video, highlighting stupid answers. I have seen such videos from the West as well, for instance stupid Germans' responses to simple questions.

Also, given the current antagonism between the West and Russia, many Russians would probably have said the US or UK. But not in the video, which is telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe