Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2022, 11:32 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Maybe you're right. I also do not exclude the possibility that the Taliban may have had a hand in this somehow. They're there side by side. And Kazakhstan is half-empty, they have somewhere to turn around.

Look here Zimogor - this took place only 10 days ago.

Russian FSB are still catching up with those that participated in "Islamic operations" ( uh-sorry, "National liberation",) in Caucasus back in the 90ies. With all the crimes they committed ( in this case - in Dagestan.)

These two morons in particular were part of Basayev gang back in the 90ies ( as you can see they don't deny it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACjbkVgtunE

Nah, Islamic element inserted in the "Nationalist movement" is a dangerous thing, and that's what I see now in Kazakhstan, no matter how much the "peaceful democratic opposition" there is trying to distance themselves from both the looters/marauders and from the Islamists ( I'm sure) alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
(shrug) Every human makes mistakes, and Putin is just another human.
Besides, at the time when NS2 was conceived Russians kind of didn't expect that West will stop to even pretend being reasonable and just.

From all the rumors that I heard Russia officials are finally fed up (too late for my taste, but better later than never). NS2 was the last project with Europe. From now on, East and Africa is a priority; West can rot on it's own.

Shrug back at you, Kanonka.

May I offer to your attention the exhibit A?

So if Putin is "just a human," and not some "chief architect" who is the only one *who knows what the new building will be like,* then he should be controlled by other humans, and that's what the multi-party system is for.

Because humans make mistakes.

And this particular *mistake* made by Putin ( the "liberal policies" calling for the merger of Russia with the Western banking system and Western big biz, ) promoted for the long-long time and unchallenged, at the end brings these disastrous consequences for Russia - such as forging this unholy union with all these questionable, backwards powers, because without it, Russia will simply not survive.

Here goes Siberia and Russia's natural resources, since China has big appetite.

Old 01-07-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
A little on the background.

https://youtu.be/ZhTCDxVqa50

I have always heard life was hard there. The city folk and the country folk are divided drastically. I chalk this up to Western style capitalism and poor governance.

I am not sure how Kazakhstan has been governed, and what its problems are, I only know that Russians/Ukrainians/Russian Germans invested a lot of effort to develop it during Soviet times, that it's rich in the natural resources republic (gas/oil,) and that both Russia and US keep their eye on it ( Russia even for a reason that that's where the Baikonur Cosmodrom is, left from Soviet times. )

I watched today Sharij's analysis of the situation over there, his closer look into the "Kazakh opposition," what it's all about.

( It's interesting to note, that Sharij himself, being initially indifferent to Russia and "things Russian," and downright denying being "pro-Russian" when talking about internal Ukrainian affairs, came a long way.
By now he realized that once the former places of the Russian influence are peeled off of Moscow with any kind of sweet promises, then the reality settles in, ( and that's what he observed in Ukraine.)

And this goes first of all to the so-called "multi-vector" factor. Once the leaders of such places show their willingness to cooperate not just with Russia, but the West as well, these leaders are the first ones to carry the brunt of attacks and attempts to unseat them.
Yanukovich, Lukashenko are good examples of it, and even *multi-vector* Nicola Pahinyan of Armenia ( after losing Nagorny Karabakh to Azerbaijan) and who is currently a head of the ODKB ( Collective Security Treaty Organization) was quick this time around to approve the dispatch of joint troops to Kazakhstan.

But going back to Sharij and his analysis - he dismisses the notion that those shooting and looting are "Putin's agents provocateurs," that Nasarbayev/Tokayev's governments are "pro-Putin's," citing the US ties and hefty investments in Kazakhstan ( on 28th of October 2020 it reached more than $53 billion.)
(And that's the reason he referred to that "multi-vector" factor. Just a month ago the US ambassador in Kazakhstan was thanking president Tokayev for "successful economic and political reforms."
"Look at the presidential site of Kazakhstan - it's all there, these congratulations," Sharij chuckles, "so what happened to success of these reforms, why today's protests?"

And of course ( of course) how else it could be, he is talking about the endorsement of Ukrainian Nationalists to this upheaval.
Namely - Dmitry Yarosh, "who posted in his FB status today "I wish to Kazakh people to dispose of the pro-Moscow dictatorial regime. For your and our freedom, glory to (Ukraine), death to the Russian Federation."
"You think anyone on FB bothered to ban this status?" asks Sharij "- Nah, YOU will be blocked if you will write something "inappropriate," but "death to the Russian Federation" - FB doesn't see anything wrong with it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQ-BcvfvL8

Last edited by erasure; 01-07-2022 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-07-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am not sure how Kazakhstan has been governed, and what its problems are, I only know that Russians/Ukrainians/Russian Germans invested a lot of effort to develop it during Soviet times, that it's rich in the natural resources republic (gas/oil,) and that both Russia and US keep their eye on it ( Russia even for a reason that that's where the Baikonur Cosmodrom is, left from Soviet times. )

I watched today Sharij's analysis of the situation over there, his closer look into the "Kazakh opposition," what it's all about.

( It's interesting to note, that Sharij himself, being initially indifferent to Russia and "things Russian," and downright denying being "pro-Russian" when talking about internal Ukrainian affairs, came a long way.
By now he realized that once the former places of the Russian influence are peeled off of Moscow with any kind of sweet promises, then the reality settles in, ( and that's what he observed in Ukraine.)

And this goes first of all to the so-called "multi-vector" factor. Once the leaders of such places show their willingness to cooperate not just with Russia, but the West as well, these leaders are the first ones to carry the brunt of attacks and attempts to unseat them.
Yanukovich, Lukashenko are good examples of it, and even *multi-vector* Nicola Pahinyan of Armenia ( after losing Nagorny Karabakh to Azerbaijan) and who is currently a head of the ODKB ( Collective Security Treaty Organization) was quick this time around to approve the dispatch of joint troops to Kazakhstan.

But going back to Sharij and his analysis - he dismisses the notion that those shooting and looting are "Putin's agents provocateurs," that Nasarbayev/Tokayev's governments are "pro-Putin's," citing the US ties and hefty investments in Kazakhstan ( on 28th of October 2020 it reached more than $53 billion.)
(And that's the reason he referred to that "multi-vector" factor. Just a month ago the US ambassador in Kazakhstan was thanking president Tokayev for "successful economic and political reforms."
"Look at the presidential site of Kazakhstan - it's all there, these congratulations," Sharij chuckles, "so what happened to success of these reforms, why today's protests?"

And of course ( of course) how else it could be, he is talking about the endorsement of Ukrainian Nationalists to this upheaval.
Namely - Dmitry Yarosh, "who posted in his FB status today "I wish to Kazakh people to dispose of the pro-Moscow dictatorial regime. For your and our freedom, glory to (Ukraine), death to the Russian Federation."
"You think anyone on FB bothered to ban this status?" asks Sharij "- Nah, YOU will be blocked if you will write something "inappropriate," but "death to the Russian Federation" - FB doesn't see anything wrong with it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhQ-BcvfvL8

P.S. I posted this video (footage) of Alma-Ata ( the city where the major destruction in Kazakhstan is going on now,) - it's from 1935 and has this haunting quality to it.
I guess that people from both sides of the border will be revisiting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmEvjRnDOUs

Old 01-07-2022, 06:58 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
On the upcoming talks.

https://www.rt.com/russia/545406-nat...e-stoltenberg/

Quote:
“The risk of conflict is real. Russia’s aggressive actions seriously undermine the security order in Europe,â€
Read another way.

Quote:
“The risk of conflict is real. NATOs aggressive actions seriously undermine the security of Russia,â€
I can see where this is going. There will be no solution.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:03 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times
Quote:
Shrug back at you, Kanonka.

May I offer to your attention the exhibit A?

So if Putin is "just a human," and not some "chief architect" who is the only one *who knows what the new building will be like,* then he should be controlled by other humans, and that's what the multi-party system is for.

Because humans make mistakes.

And this particular *mistake* made by Putin ( the "liberal policies" calling for the merger of Russia with the Western banking system and Western big biz, ) promoted for the long-long time and unchallenged, at the end brings these disastrous consequences for Russia - such as forging this unholy union with all these questionable, backwards powers, because without it, Russia will simply not survive.

Here goes Siberia and Russia's natural resources, since China has big appetite.
Nope. Have you ever been in any governing body - be it in some company, or govt?
The usual sequence of events is as following:
- various departments/teams/think tanks do preliminary research/give out ideas.
- multiple solutions are discussed, if needed new round on research is done
- and then a decision is made.

At the moment of decision all possible/found information is already presented, and now, when it's a time to make a choice, having "multi-party" only hurts. The reason is that no party ever represented regular people. Each and every party represents only interests of those behind them, in modern world that would be huge corporations and oligarchs. So, "consensus" is usually to give more or less benefits to each group, but nobody cares about the global good in the interests of regular people, or even country as a whole.

So it is very important to have someone to be "above" the fight, to provide decision in interest of true majority - even if benefits are pretty far in a future.

Just imagine "multi-party" in a war zone, when soldiers vote what to do next
And let be honest here, West is waging a war against Russia - whether this is declared or not, is not relevant: actions speak louder than any words. So I stand my case - Putin is a blessing for Russia. And yes, he sometimes makes mistakes, but compare that to any European multi-party "governance", or even USA one, and honestly answer a question: which country rises, and which countries go down?

And one more thing: we don't have full access to full details of a situation in a country or the world. It could be very well the only possible choices that Putin had. Remember, Russia was basically ruined 20 years ago when Putin came to power. Infested with oligarchs that were basically ruling the country ("semibankirshina"), destroyed industry, banks that were basically money laundering centers, local authorities didn't give a damn to federal center, war in south, etc, etc. It takes time and very complicated decisions to rebuild country after that. It still amuses me that Putin was able to overcome all of that; and may be his decisions that we deem wrong were the only ones possible given the circumstances.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:51 PM

Now the Russian news channel is saying that the person in charge of Kazakhstan's "democratic opposition" let himself to be known.

Jaw dropping biography.
He looks ( and reads) like some villain from James Bond movie ( with a long list of international endeavors.)

I kid you not.

Mukhtar Ablyazov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi34ROWokps

Old 01-07-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Nope. Have you ever been in any governing body - be it in some company, or govt?
The usual sequence of events is as following:
- various departments/teams/think tanks do preliminary research/give out ideas.
- multiple solutions are discussed, if needed new round on research is done
- and then a decision is made.
You are clearly confusing the "governing body of corporation" ( as in Kremlin Inc for example, or any big corporation,) with political governing body.

That's not one and the same thing ( or rather shouldn't be, but it is in Russia.)

Quote:
At the moment of decision all possible/found information is already presented, and now, when it's a time to make a choice, having "multi-party" only hurts. The reason is that no party ever represented regular people. Each and every party represents only interests of those behind them, in modern world that would be huge corporations and oligarchs.
Again - that's Russia. You are projecting this picture on the Western world.
Russia never had solid, numerous middle class - that's the difference with the Western countries.
And that's why in your mind "no party ever represented regular people."

Because "regular people" in you mind have Russian meaning of these words, not the Western one.

Quote:
Just imagine "multi-party" in a war zone, when soldiers vote what to do next
And let be honest here, West is waging a war against Russia - whether this is declared or not, is not relevant: actions speak louder than any words.
While the West is definitely a threat for Russia, using it as a constant excuse for the absence of democracy ( and middle class) in Russia is not a healthy thing.

PARTICULARLY when the so-called "elite" is using it while enriching itself in the process, and using this excuse to multiply and to protect its riches.

Quote:
So I stand my case - Putin is a blessing for Russia.
He is not a "blessing" - far away from it, but he is a necessity at this point.

Quote:
And yes, he sometimes makes mistakes, but compare that to any European multi-party "governance", or even USA one, and honestly answer a question: which country rises, and which countries go down?
Both are going down.
US - because of the old internal controversies that became more visible at present, Russia - because of being Soviet Union 2 version, while the Soviet Union version 1 already brought it to the dead end, because of the same problem of unchallenged government ( read authoritarianism.)

Quote:
And one more thing: we don't have full access to full details of a situation in a country or the world. It could be very well the only possible choices that Putin had. Remember, Russia was basically ruined 20 years ago when Putin came to power.
He didn't "come to power."
He was APPOINTED by a person, who was responsible for that very ruin of the country, in exchange for Putin's promise to keep him/his family ( and the loot) safe.

You didn't know it?

Last edited by erasure; 01-07-2022 at 11:06 PM..

Old 01-08-2022, 03:07 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
ROTFLMAO.
Young Russians are naming the country(ies) they don't like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLj89v2dV_Q

By now they sound... well, practically as clueless as Americans about the rest of the world.
My, how times have changed.

Yes, sad video. People being proud of their ignorance, might as well be Germans or Americans...

Old 01-08-2022, 04:03 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
An interesting interview, in which a former Pentagon advisor talks about Russia and Ukraine...

https://thegrayzone.com/2022/01/06/u...tagon-advisor/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe