Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 09:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Those NGOs are (with some exceptions) in fact Trojan horses. They're not just backed up by foreign governments, rich expats living outside the country and the diaspora that has a bone to pick with the current government. Rich Oligarchs living abroad buy politicians off. It's what happened in Ukraine.

I think this was a dispute between the out going Nazurbayev clan and the new Tokareyev of whatever their names are. Nazurbayev had a definite tilt towards the West and the other guy not so much. Considering what western corporations have invested there and who this new group has as friends (China) I think Western interests right now are very, very nervous.
Sounds like Cuban-Americans targeting Cuba.

I think China gives courage to the Global South as more and more countries are noticing that it is possible to defend themselves against the West. Much of SE Asia is uprooting toxic Western meddling at the moment, for instance in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar. Nicaragua, Venezuela and Cuba are doing the same in Latin America.

I think the Global South needs to unite in an official form, build a union or bloc, with tough laws and regulations that make the entire bloc hit back at anyone abusing any single member country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 09:58 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I am hearing numbers as high as 5000 arrested now. There was some Jazz musician fron Kyrgyzstan that was paid to get involved.

If true, paid by whom?

Right now every western NGO in that country, in that region is in deep trouble. I guess there are a lot of them.

Yes, the news keep on coming - over 5,000 are arrested by now ( where the heck do they keep this amount of people?)

On Russian news they keep on talking about "a lot of foreigners that were brought in the country" for this insurgency ( and big caches of weapons that were ready throughout the country, in big cities in particular,) but they are not saying what kind of "foreigners."

So my guess would be people from the neighboring Kirgizstan, Turkmenistan, (Uzbekistan may be?)
Because these ones wouldn't stick like a sore thumb among the locals.

Oh, another thing that I hear yet again is that no, it's not the "Tokayev/Nazrbayev clans" ( to me they come across as people who actually cooperate,) but it's some other officials in the higher echelons of power, mainly - in the law enforcement, that were in on this upheaval.

And yesterday I was listening to Sharij's investigation of all this ( obviously, he approaches it from the "Ukrainian connection" angle, but there were curious things he mentioned as the "general information."

Old 01-09-2022, 10:22 AM

It is a huge country, one of the top 10 in terms of geography. It is potentially rich, so like Afghanistan or the Congo it attracts envious, greedy attention from certain countries.
I get the impression that there is a movement to drive the US out of central Asia.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is a huge country, one of the top 10 in terms of geography. It is potentially rich, so like Afghanistan or the Congo it attracts envious, greedy attention from certain countries.
I get the impression that there is a movement to drive the US out of central Asia.

Americans are running the oil business there - that's for sure, not the Russians. ( Chevron, ExxonMobile.)
Sharij is showing the interesting screenshots from the site of American Embassy/Consulate in Kazakhstan - let me translate what it says;

"Diplomatic mission of the USA starts the campaign "30 years together."

This year we are having the 30 year anniversary of US relations with independent and sovereign Kazakhstan.
US dip. mission in Kazakhstan is proudly announcing the beginning of campaign "30 years together," that will last until the 16th of December, when we celebrate the 30 years of Independence, friendship and partnership between the US and Kazakhstan. Throughout 2021 will shall highlight the key events and and important achievements that took place within the last 30 years of cooperation between our countries. We hope for the continuous relations for the next 30 years..."

So I guess this "important achievements" explain the lavish real estate acquisitions throughout Western European countries ( Great Britain, Switzerland, Spain and such) and US ( New York and Florida) of Nazarbayev's family, which ( according to Sharij) the EU media *just noticed all of sudden.*

( Actually, when I am looking at those mansions of enormous price - I wonder how this is even possible to own all of them for real.)
So this, and the worsening living conditions of the general Kazakh population. ( I mean that's what started the whole protest in the first place.)

But I don't care, it's like "whatever," (after all, Putin's Russia operates not much differently.)

Except for when it comes to the usage of the radical Islamists with whatever purpose ( usually to undermine Russians interests, and I suspect that's what was behind this "nationalist insurrection" this time around, since in their mind Kazakhstan is not "sufficiently free from Russia.)

So THAT I care, that's for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOHba-AyQxI&t=187s

Old 01-09-2022, 11:23 AM

When the people of that country are so unhappy after 30 years of US friendship, maybe it is time to look for better friends.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
A man who has been detained in Almaty has confessed that he'd arrived from Kyrgyzstan after unknown people offered him over $200 to take part in protests in neighboring Kazakhstan, Sputnik reported, citing Kazakh broadcaster Khabar 24.
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202201/1245482.shtml

Old 01-09-2022, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Found this in a comment under a video:

"Nearly 38,000 civil society organizations, most of which are funded by the United States and European countries, currently operate in Kazakhstan, according to the International Center for Non-Profit Law. Some of the US/EU funds regime change operations."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qo8d6vZnE0

Yes Neuling, here is more on Massimov's arrest;

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62669933-post37.html

Plot thickens, lol.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:07 PM

I guess they already started talks in Geneva, and from what I see -

"Blinken Furious as Experts warn of severe blowback to US/EU from Anti-Russia sanctions."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIRBUj_cwlA

They couldn't see it coming, no?

Old 01-09-2022, 09:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 623,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Maybe you're right. I also do not exclude the possibility that the Taliban may have had a hand in this somehow. They're there side by side. And Kazakhstan is half-empty, they have somewhere to turn around.
It turns out I was not far from the truth. Judging by the scant local reports from Kazakhstan, it seems that these riots were staged by former ISIS militants from Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and other Central Asian republics, who have been imported to Kazakhstan during for several years. They also used "mambets". These are such local lumpens. They was seized police stations, ambulance stations and fire stations, looted shops, burned administration buildings. Now the situation seems to be normalizing. The main part of the militants were killed, the rest hid. We are waiting for further news.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
It turns out I was not far from the truth. Judging by the scant local reports from Kazakhstan, it seems that these riots were staged by former ISIS militants from Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and other Central Asian republics, who have been imported to Kazakhstan during for several years. They also used "mambets". These are such local lumpens. They was seized police stations, ambulance stations and fire stations, looted shops, burned administration buildings. Now the situation seems to be normalizing. The main part of the militants were killed, the rest hid. We are waiting for further news.
Good news. I hope they will uproot all that foreign scum.
Countries only need to be courageous and do whatever is necessary to protect themselves, no matter whether or not the West whines and complains. When the West complains chances are you are doing the right thing. Hong Kong was the perfect example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe