Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 07:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The word you are looking for is stagnation. That is Russia since 2014 and "growth and changing" is about the opposite of the state of things there lately. It is up to Putin to reform the country if he wants real growth to return he can't rely on increased oil production to do it like what happened a decade ago. The workforce is shrinking too.

Rule of law, private property rights, accountable government, stop attacking neighbors, harboring cyber criminals etc etc. This can bring real growth and increase the standard of living. Is it going to happen under a Russian autocracy bent on its own survival? Without any pressure to deliver I highly doubt it but am hopeful.
It's not stagnation. It's steady, upward growth. Solid in nature, sustainable long term growth. I have been spending a lot of time on GE, there's a lot of places that once looked shabby and very poor. It's not that way now in most places. You need to note though that smaller villages and towns in places seem to be doomed. I'll bet 35% of these places will be ghost towns in 20 years, 1000s of them. Medium sized cities and larger towns seem to be growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 02:35 AM

9 posts, read 4,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Grac View Post
Hello! I live in Russia. I am ready to answer all your questions and at the same time to correct my English. Can talk on any topics about Russia, and I think that some of it will be interesting. Ask questions :
I seek images of original complete Russian Alphabet!
There seems little evidence prior to modern version(s).

Old 06-09-2021, 04:23 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriyah View Post

Old 06-09-2021, 05:06 AM

403 posts, read 221,233 times
Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Cyrillic_alphabet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oPfo28tHjE

Last edited by Straight Arrow; 06-09-2021 at 05:52 AM..

Old 06-09-2021, 10:05 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
How far back do you want to go?
I see here that Russian alphabet has been changed six times.
The most important reforms were made by Peter the Great back in 1708-11.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:43 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Moscow authorities announced Wednesday plans to reopen field hospitals and step up mask and glove enforcement as the epicenter of Russia’s outbreak reported its highest number of new cases since the start of 2021.

“The epidemiological situation in Moscow is getting worse. The number of cases is growing,” said Yevgeny Danchikov, who heads the main oversight directorate at the Moscow Mayor’s Office.

Perhaps its time for Putin to allow Russians access to better vaccines?

Old 06-09-2021, 02:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Moscow authorities announced Wednesday plans to reopen field hospitals and step up mask and glove enforcement as the epicenter of Russia’s outbreak reported its highest number of new cases since the start of 2021.

“The epidemiological situation in Moscow is getting worse. The number of cases is growing,” said Yevgeny Danchikov, who heads the main oversight directorate at the Moscow Mayor’s Office.

It's just a bad case of the flu DKM. That's all. It's not Captain Trips.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:41 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
How far back do you want to go?
I see here that Russian alphabet has been changed six times.
The most important reforms were made by Peter the Great back in 1708-11.
I think prior to the introduction of the Cyrillic script via orthodoxy Russians used a runic script (probably introduced by Vikings) but seems like there is very little evidence of writing in Russia pre christianization, but then again Russians particularly in the north wrote on birch bark and that is hard to persevere so that’s pretty understandable.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-...Slavic_writing

Old 06-09-2021, 03:44 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:

At least just try to sound barely credible.....Russians refuses to get vaccinated, it has nothing to do with the quality of vaccine.

UK Covid surge

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...0500684_1.html

No Sputnik V there DKM and one of the highest vaccination rate country.....

Old 06-09-2021, 03:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
At least just try to sound barely credible.....Russians refuses to get vaccinated, it has nothing to do with the quality of vaccine.

UK Covid surge

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...0500684_1.html

No Sputnik V there DKM and one of the highest vaccination rate country.....
Nice failed attempt at whataboutism. The UK isn't reopening field hospitals or seeing 100's of deaths a day.

No Sputnik there indeed, so why aren't Russians allowed access to good vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna? Maybe more Russians would be willing to be inoculated with a vaccine that is approved by the WHO or the EMA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe