Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 09:29 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
I once complained to a bunch of suits on a store inspection in Harris Teeter (subsidiary of Kroger), that I was buying zero cheese from them because they were charging $7.99 for something I could buy elsewhere for $4.99, and I had to assume all their cheese was similarly overpriced.
About a month later I went to check and found they raised the price to $8.99.
This was at a Safeway. I didn't/won't bother to check QFC (a Kroger store) because I know they don't want my business. In Feb 14 oz was $11. I could live with that then last time the same stuff was $17.

Me and my wife used to make our own cottage cheese, sour cream, yogurt and white cheddar ourselves. My daughter was bubbling about (believe it or not) 7 Eleven milk around here in Wa. I bought a quart and it was very high quality.

I really think that that making our own stuff is the way we should go, if we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 09:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Here's an assessment of Putin from 2014. The comments are worth a read, if you have time...

https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...mir-putin.html
The article reminds me of an atheists manifesto I once forced myself to read. Care to go into all the reasons and scientific theory of why god does not exist?

Call Putin what you will. Think the thoughts you will about him.

At the end of the day Putin is the King Of Russia. He doesn't give a ripping rats ass what some bunch of halfwits have to say. Anywhere.

I think Putin loves his country. He recently stated that his life and his very fate is entwined with it. I understand him. Any father will/would.

Hate on Putin all you like. Maybe you and your friends can get together with your guns and hop a plane to Moscow and go help the Russian people. I mean, if you kick in the door the whole rotten structure will fall down right?

Nothing worth considering in the comments.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:36 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,568,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The article reminds me of an atheists manifesto I once forced myself to read. Care to go into all the reasons and scientific theory of why god does not exist?

Call Putin what you will. Think the thoughts you will about him.

At the end of the day Putin is the King Of Russia. He doesn't give a ripping rats ass what some bunch of halfwits have to say. Anywhere.

I think Putin loves his country. He recently stated that his life and his very fate is entwined with it. I understand him. Any father will/would.

Hate on Putin all you like. Maybe you and your friends can get together with your guns and hop a plane to Moscow and go help the Russian people. I mean, if you kick in the door the whole rotten structure will fall down right?

Nothing worth considering in the comments.
You're attributing to me, motives I do not possess. I'm an immigrant from western Europe. Unlike you, and despite its flaws, I think the US is the best country in the world. I became a citizen at the first opportunity.
Prior to the annexation of Crimea, Russia was making few headlines and most in the west were content with that.

Old 06-18-2021, 08:02 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Takeaways from the Biden-Putin summit

https://www.indianpunchline.com/take...-putin-summit/

There's still a lot of leftover anti-Russia and anti-China media campaigning from the Deep State during the Obama and Trump administrations. That kind of open hostility betrays motives and spreads distrust, effectively defeating what you're trying to accomplish since the other side is going to always be alert. In the end, it's intended to hinder flexibility by the Executive Branch and Congress.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:39 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
You're attributing to me, motives I do not possess. I'm an immigrant from western Europe. Unlike you, and despite its flaws, I think the US is the best country in the world.
You are rarity...I think there is a record high level of distrust in the US from the rest of the western world.

Like you I'm a western European immigrant here and I have done very well indeed but often I wish I never made the move...money is not everything in life. I like the US, is a great country but I think it should jettison the messianic crap, mind its own business and accept that there are other great powers in this world with their own interests.

Quote:
Prior to the annexation of Crimea, Russia was making few headlines and most in the west were content with that.

Wrong, the west bellyaching about Putin started when he did begin to clean house in the early 2000s, I would point to the Yukos affair marking the beginning of the hostility. By the famous Munich speech in 2007, the regime change machine was already set in motion....

Last edited by saturno_v; 06-18-2021 at 12:01 PM..

Old 06-18-2021, 10:47 AM

Putin at his finest, taking down a BBC journalist, turning the table.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIdi4zesHPU

Old 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You are rarity...I think there is a record high level of distrust in the US from the rest of the western world.

Like you I'm a western European immigrant here and I have done very well indeed but often I wish I never made the move...money is not everything in life. I like the US, is a great country but I think it should jettison the messianic crap, mind its own business and accept that there are other great powers in this world with their own interests.

Wrong, the west bellyaching about Putin started when he did begin to clean house in the early 2000s, I would point to the Yukos affair marking the beginning of the hostility. By the famous Munich speech in 2007, the regime change machine was set in motion....
Agreed about the messianic crap, but that doesn't mean that other countries don't look to the US for leadership. Neither China nor Russia have a lot of friends in the international community.

Although it was still making the news in 2020, when Russia lost the appeal against the $50B award to Yukos,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukos

in the greater scheme of things of things the Yukos affair was small potatoes affecting a few wealthy individuals, compared to the annexation of Crimea, which affected 2M Crimeans and 40M Ukrakians.
There isn't a country in the world that doesn't have financial shenanigans among its elite.

Old 06-18-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Agreed about the messianic crap, but that doesn't mean that other countries don't look to the US for leadership. Neither China nor Russia have a lot of friends in the international community.

Although it was still making the news in 2020, when Russia lost the appeal against the $50B award to Yukos,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukos

in the greater scheme of things of things the Yukos affair was small potatoes affecting a few wealthy individuals, compared to the annexation of Crimea, which affected 2M Crimeans and 40M Ukrakians.
There isn't a country in the world that doesn't have financial shenanigans among its elite.

Yukos was the beginning of the "evilization" of Putin where everything started...I have no doubt that the Yukos takeover was a (necessary) roughshod affair with questionable legality...not that the US cares about legality anyway when it suits its own interest.

Russia and China have a lot of friends. The west is not the entire world.

Crimea joined the Russian Federation by the will of its people responding to an illegal coup d'etat in Ukraine. Wanna make an omelette?? Accept the fact you are going to break some eggs....

Old 06-18-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Putin at his finest, taking down a BBC journalist, turning the table.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIdi4zesHPU
Putin was well prepared for the question, but that doesn't mean there were no alternative explanations to that he posited. The US signaled in advance that it would pull out of some, because Russia was violating and the US no longer thought it worthwhile to be bound by treaties Putin was violating.
If Putin really wanted the US to stay in, he had time to make some proposals. Takes two to tango.

Old 06-18-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Putin was well prepared for the question, but that doesn't mean there were no alternative explanations to that he posited. The US signaled in advance that it would pull out of some, because Russia was violating and the US no longer thought it worthwhile to be bound by treaties Putin was violating.
If Putin really wanted the US to stay in, he had time to make some proposals. Takes two to tango.

In 2002 there was nothing that Russia violated.....the country was on its knees. There were no proposals. Russia protested and warned that they may have to develop new technologies to counteract the ABM withdraw...the US replied, "fine, do what you must, we are leaving anyway", the geniuses in the Bush administration did not take Russia seriously, after all the country was on its way to irrelevance and/or disintegration right?? Well, wrong, now you have a nice set of hypersonic hardware...

It takes two to tango indeed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe