Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 08:48 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Keyboard warrior. A lot of lives were saved today. Mostly British. Just goes to show you how cheap life is in the west.

I agree...DKM simply do not understand that the reasonable party in the incident was Russia....I bet it will not happen again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 08:48 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
What does Ukraine have to do with this? It was the UK, not Ukraine (UA). You know that, right? One is an island nation...

Anything and everything.

Quote:
What makes you so sure of that? It's a strange idea that we would want Sevastopol.
Surrreee...

Quote:
Ukraine could give us Odessa if the plan was to hand us a black sea base. It is far more important. I've been to both, have you? haha what am I asking that for, of course you haven't which is why you don't know anything about Odessa or Odessans.
Of course I've been to both places. ( Otherwise how would I know that they are Russian cities through and through? ( Both are VERY different from Moscow, but nevertheless...)

Quote:
Okay which five regions of Ukraine U hope will decide to join Russia. Who will decide, the people living there or Russian imposed "authorities" after invasion? Neither will happen of course, but its fun to pretend since that's all you have left, a fantasy world where the USSR never collapsed...
That's not the matter of the "USSR," but the Russian Empire if you wish.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:11 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
No mistake was made. This was a deliberate act by the UK. What is debatable is the reason but they gave their reason so start with that. They don't recognize Crimea as Russian territory so they had the right to drive right on by. Russia made a lot of noise, pretending to use weapons to chase it off but the ship never changed course or speed the whole time. Weak, can't even defend territorial waters near a major naval base...
I like the way you think.
It is enough not to recognize something or someone, and the very fact of non-recognition gives the right !
What a charm !
But you can't dance the tango alone )Or, in other words, the game can be played in both directions)))
Just don't shout then in a thin voice " Oh! And us for what so! ? " ))))

Old 06-24-2021, 12:22 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
It seems to me that with this invasion, everything is somewhat simpler.
Remember the incident with the American destroyer, which was disabled by the guidance systems?
The same incident, after which half of the destroyer's crew was written off to the shore in the nearest port ))
The NATO military, it is very curious how the Russians turned off the electronics.

That's why the British prepared the ship, installed the necessary equipment and staged this provocation in the hope that Russia will again repeat the trick with disabling the electronic systems.
And so, the brave British sailors, as always in the best traditions, hiding behind civilian (how else? don't want to play like an adult) ,they arrange a provocation.
Everything else is secondary .The main goal is technical intelligence.
This is my opinion.

Old 06-24-2021, 03:36 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
In recent years both Russia and Germany have been somewhat distant towards Britain. Between Russia and Britain there is little or no correspondence of any kind at all. Germany when criticized by England simply ignores them, totally. They do have better relations but Germany simply thinks they're a rude person being ignored while trying to disrupt 2 people talking at a party. Britains just like a sexually frustrated incel trying to get noticed. And if it goes too far may just get the wrong kind of attention.
ha ha! You ladies can't help yourselves can you! You just HAVE to try and act all 'tough', its hilarious! Incidently that was all said in beautiful...............English! .

By the way how are Russia doing in the Euro's - you know the competition of the English sport currently going on across all Europe? As for the Germans I'm sure they will continue to watch English sport, watch English TV, listen to English music and speak English too.
Let me know when they watch Russian anything or speak Russian then we can talk about being 'ignored'!

Old 06-24-2021, 01:44 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
ha ha! You ladies can't help yourselves can you! You just HAVE to try and act all 'tough', its hilarious! Incidently that was all said in beautiful...............English! .

By the way how are Russia doing in the Euro's - you know the competition of the English sport currently going on across all Europe? As for the Germans I'm sure they will continue to watch English sport, watch English TV, listen to English music and speak English too.
Let me know when they watch Russian anything or speak Russian then we can talk about being 'ignored'!

Easthome...
I'll try to make it as short as I can, and I'll say it only once.

Yes it's true that Great Britain was an *unofficial ruler of the world* already for quite some time.
In terms of laws, economy, "Industrial revolution," cultural influence - with other words, the whole framework.

Even when it was not doing it directly - after all the US ( as much as Australia and Canada) are nothing but the offshoots of the Great Britain, and thus that "framework" was still in place all right, that kept the world going round.

It's what's called "the order of things."

But now this order of things is coming to an end ( the only other alternative is the WW III.)

Her Majesty headed for the Bear's den, on the other side of the continent.

Which she shouldn't have, because HE will not take it in kind.

Last edited by erasure; 06-24-2021 at 01:57 PM..

Old 06-24-2021, 02:03 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
What's with all the Anglophobia? Why so sensitive? Russia can't attack a British ship sailing legally in the Black Sea... not without consequences. Verbal attacks though, those are risk free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
It seems to me that with this invasion, everything is somewhat simpler.
Remember the incident with the American destroyer, which was disabled by the guidance systems?
The same incident, after which half of the destroyer's crew was written off to the shore in the nearest port ))
The NATO military, it is very curious how the Russians turned off the electronics.
This story about the American destroyer... it did not happen. It was invented by your Kremlin media to compensate for their impotence. Just as yesterday, evidence free lies about what Russia did to these ships.

The UK showed they aren't afraid of Russia. Words, empty threats and fake claims were all employed in response, again. I especially appreciate the invention that this intruder was scared away and the lesson was learned not to mess with Russia. and where is the victory parade again?

Now for the good news. Russian vaccine mandates seem to be working. I am impressed...

Old 06-24-2021, 03:52 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Easthome...
I'll try to make it as short as I can, and I'll say it only once.

Yes it's true that Great Britain was an *unofficial ruler of the world* already for quite some time.
In terms of laws, economy, "Industrial revolution," cultural influence - with other words, the whole framework.

Even when it was not doing it directly - after all the US ( as much as Australia and Canada) are nothing but the offshoots of the Great Britain, and thus that "framework" was still in place all right, that kept the world going round.

It's what's called "the order of things."

But now this order of things is coming to an end ( the only other alternative is the WW III.)

Her Majesty headed for the Bear's den, on the other side of the continent.

Which she shouldn't have, because HE will not take it in kind
Eh?

Old 06-24-2021, 06:25 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Eh?
They can't handle the fact that Britannia still rules the waves. And called out their fake tough guy. This will reverberate for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rdIJ0sEEmA

Old 06-24-2021, 06:44 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:
They can't handle the fact that Britannia still rules the waves.
Thank you for the good laugh DKM......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe