Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 07:37 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
In recent years both Russia and Germany have been somewhat distant towards Britain. Between Russia and Britain there is little or no correspondence of any kind at all. Germany when criticized by England simply ignores them, totally. They do have better relations but Germany simply thinks they're a rude person being ignored while trying to disrupt 2 people talking at a party. Britains just like a sexually frustrated incel trying to get noticed. And if it goes too far may just get the wrong kind of attention.

In other news - Putin's article has been published in "Die Zeitung" in connection with the 80ieth anniversary of Hitler's attack on Russia on June 22 of 1941.
I didn't see the article yet, but of course there was a lot of indignation in Germany itself "How dare Zeitung to become part of Putin's propaganda machine," and there are plenty of Russians of course back in Russia that still diligently practice their undying hatred towards Germans. Yet at the same time it's becoming clear that there are plenty of people in both countries that are ready to turn the new page.

I think Germans already know by now that fighting with Russia is a plain bad omen for them, while plenty of Russians see that Germany so far has been the ONLY stable and reliable partner in the West already for years.

After this fateful decision of German government to proceed with NS2 ( in spite of Ukrainian crisis,) is telling me that this union is only going to grow.

What Gr. Britain is doing ( when it comes specifically to Ukraine) and why, is a mystery to me, particularly that now I hear that "Duran" is saying that Biden dumped Ukraine.

So Gr. Br. is going to pick up what the US dropped as a project?

What gives?

Yes, it's a mystery to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOa1ekFU-0A

Last edited by erasure; 06-23-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
No mistake was made. This was a deliberate act by the UK. What is debatable is the reason but they gave their reason so start with that. They don't recognize Crimea as Russian territory so they had the right to drive right on by. Russia made a lot of noise, pretending to use weapons to chase it off but the ship never changed course or speed the whole time. Weak, can't even defend territorial waters near a major naval base...

I see.

Same old Ukrainian song "Crimea belongs to us."
Well it doesn't ( and never really did.)

Of course Kiev's puppet government was hoping to make this lavish gift to American military ( that wonderful sea port if Sevastopol you know,) but instead, it returned to its rightful owner.

I hope the five *Ukrainian* regions will follow the same lead.

Interestingly enough, I didn't know the names of those regions, until the nationalists blurted them out themself, in fear of losing them.
Now I know the names of those five regions.

What will happen with the rest - not my concern.

They can do whatever they are pleased.

Last edited by erasure; 06-23-2021 at 08:40 PM..

Old 06-23-2021, 07:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
This incident was a staged provocation. They were loading weapons in Odessa.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPYAKL-f2M

Sink the next one.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Russia doesn't appear very highly on any UK agenda, they're like those small yapping dogs always vying for attention! All Russians ever seem to do is try to act tough, either individually or as a nation, they seem obsessed with war and confrontation, perhaps this is why, despite being a HUGE country, Russia never seems to contribute to the globe in a cultural way? Perhaps its the weather that makes them this way? They NEVER seem to want to hold out a hand in friendship? Every Russian I've ever met has been painfully dificult to talk to, do Russians talk to each other about anything other than guns, tanks and war I wonder?

I assure you they DO, but with that being said, it's not just YOU, I think it's not easy for Russians overall to deal with Britons ( and the other way around, obviously.)

Not only these two congregate on the opposite sides of Europe, but the culture/mentality ( and the languages actually) are on the opposite sides of the spectrum too.

You might start with the fact that Russians don't appreciate British sense of humor, finding it offensive; the rest follows)))

Old 06-23-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
In other news - Putin's article has been published in "Die Zeitung" in connection with the 80ieth anniversary of Hitler's attack on Russia on June 22 of 1941.
I didn't see the article yet, but of course there was a lot of indignation in Germany itself "How dare Zeitung to become part of Putin's propaganda machine," and there are plenty of Russians of course back in Russia that still diligently practice their undying hatred towards Germans. Yet at the same time it's becoming clear that there are plenty of people in both countries that are ready to turn the new page.

I think Germans already know by now that fighting with Russia is a plain bad omen for them, while plenty of Russians see that Germany so far has been the ONLY stable and reliable partner in the West already for years.

After this fateful decision of German government to proceed with NS2 ( in spite of Ukrainian crisis,) is telling me that this union is only going to grow.

What Gr. Britain is doing ( when it comes specifically to Ukraine) and why, is a mystery to me, particularly that now I hear that "Duran" is saying that Biden dumped Ukraine.

So Gr. Br. is going to pick up what the US dropped as a project?

What gives?

Yes, it's a mystery to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOa1ekFU-0A
No one is going to back out of Ukraine. The US is still going to be there. At best the Brits are filling in while the US reorganizes some things. What you said about Putins mistakes is very true.

I just don't understand why the Russian government can't see they have nothing to lose.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
No mistake was made. This was a deliberate act by the UK. What is debatable is the reason but they gave their reason so start with that. They don't recognize Crimea as Russian territory so they had the right to drive right on by. Russia made a lot of noise, pretending to use weapons to chase it off but the ship never changed course or speed the whole time. Weak, can't even defend territorial waters near a major naval base...
Keyboard warrior. A lot of lives were saved today. Mostly British. Just goes to show you how cheap life is in the west.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:32 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Okay, then I congratulate the great Russian navy for its great victory today. They successfully repelled a British attack without killing anyone. The terror those Brits must have felt when those advanced Sukhois flew by and dropped the tsar bombas. Ukraine better learn their lesson from this beating too. When is the medal ceremony?

Old 06-23-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
No one is going to back out of Ukraine. The US is still going to be there. At best the Brits are filling in while the US reorganizes some things. What you said about Putins mistakes is very true.

I just don't understand why the Russian government can't see they have nothing to lose.

I see I am not the only one wondering about this development ( with Gr. Britain involved into Ukrainian affair.)
O. M. sheds a bit more light on it - she explains that when the "Defender" was still in Odessa port, the memorandum was signed on its board on cooperation between UK and Ukraine ( ship building ( UK will provide Ukraine with loans for that,) and the UK military bases that Gr. Britain is planning to build in Ukraine.

So O. wonders whether UK "is picking up where US dropped it, ( since it looks like after Putin/Biden meeting some compromises became possible, when it comes to Donbass first of all.)

OR she wonders whether UK/US are simply trying to play "good cop/bad cop" with Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhQNoW2wc0

Old 06-23-2021, 08:39 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
I see.

Same old Ukrainian song "Crimea belongs to us."
Well it doesn't ( and never really did.)
What does Ukraine have to do with this? It was the UK, not Ukraine (UA). You know that, right? One is an island nation...

Quote:
Of course Kiev's puppet government was hoping to make this lavish gift to American military ( that wonderful sea port if Sevastopol you know,) but instead, it returned to its rightful owner.
What makes you so sure of that? It's a strange idea that we would want Sevastopol. Ukraine could give us Odessa if the plan was to hand us a black sea base. It is far more important. I've been to both, have you? haha what am I asking that for, of course you haven't which is why you don't know anything about Odessa or Odessans.

Quote:
I hope the five *Ukrainian* regions will follow the same lead.

Interestingly enough, I didn't know the names of those regions, until the nationalists blurted them out themself, in fear of losing them.
Now I know the name of those five regions.
Okay which five regions of Ukraine U hope will decide to join Russia. Who will decide, the people living there or Russian imposed "authorities" after invasion? Neither will happen of course, but its fun to pretend since that's all you have left, a fantasy world where the USSR never collapsed...

Old 06-23-2021, 08:46 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
Quote:

Empire may be over, but sending an aircraft carrier battlegroup through international waters is not a small action and could be considered a signal to an adversary to back off as much as today's incident was.

The UK is the one that will back off.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe