Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2021, 02:04 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
The ruble falling in value by half means your purchasing power declining dear Turist. You don't see it that way if you make and buy in rubles, because on your side of the ledger it means rising prices in ruble terms only. If prices have not risen since the ruble was 35, then I am wrong. So which one is it?

It affects more than just Russians traveling abroad...

If you are an exporter of resources priced in dollars abroad, then it would not hurt you. Congrats if you own an oil well or gold mine, you are living well!

DKM here is yet another expression for you to learn in Russian;
"Are you really trying to terrify the hedgehog by the sight of your bare a**?"

So tell the Russians here again, how they won't be able to purchase "Italian Parmesan or Spanish Jamon" any longer.

( I on another hand am terrified by the price of the European-made cheese here in the US by now.)

The world is crashing down on me)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 02:34 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
DKM here is yet another expression for you to learn in Russian;
"Are you really trying to terrify the hedgehog by the sight of your bare a**?"

So tell the Russians here again, how they won't be able to purchase "Italian Parmesan or Spanish Jamon" any longer.

( I on another hand am terrified by the price of the European-made cheese here in the US by now.)

The world is crashing down on me)))
Mark your calendar, we agree on something. I hope I didn't forget my meds.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:21 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
I get locally made Sulguni and Gollandsky so I'm good. I just had some with lunch.

I see some of you need to learn how declining currency drives input costs into anything you buy that isn't 100% sourced locally. Again, if someone can point out that Russian prices are the same since the ruble was 35, then proceed to tell me I'm wrong because I would be.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:35 PM
DKM

In not so great news, the EMA has delayed approval of the Sputnik Vaccine due to a lack of data (something I predicted on here months ago).

Meanwhile record case levels are hitting Russia's capitol hard as the country struggles with getting its people to take the vaccine. Despite having the so called world's first "approval" of a vaccine, they are looking at 13% of the population who were willing to get the shot. Moscow's mayor is calling for mandatory vaccinations. There is even talk of a "Moscow" strain.

Perhaps its time to drop the charade and allow in some vaccines that more Russians may be willing to take? like those approved by reputable agencies like the EMA or FDA?

Old 06-17-2021, 07:20 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Mark your calendar, we agree on something. I hope I didn't forget my meds.
Carve it in stone Norwegian Brunost prices scared me the other day. No, I my mother raised no fools. I will figure out how to make my own.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:24 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
In not so great news, the EMA has delayed approval of the Sputnik Vaccine due to a lack of data (something I predicted on here months ago).

Meanwhile record case levels are hitting Russia's capitol hard as the country struggles with getting its people to take the vaccine. Despite having the so called world's first "approval" of a vaccine, they are looking at 13% of the population who were willing to get the shot. Moscow's mayor is calling for mandatory vaccinations. There is even talk of a "Moscow" strain.

Perhaps its time to drop the charade and allow in some vaccines that more Russians may be willing to take? like those approved by reputable agencies like the EMA or FDA?
If honestly... нам пох*ю!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lYqQpZ34dM

Old 06-17-2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Carve it in stone Norwegian Brunost prices scared me the other day. No, I my mother raised no fools. I will figure out how to make my own.
I once complained to a bunch of suits on a store inspection in Harris Teeter (subsidiary of Kroger), that I was buying zero cheese from them because they were charging $7.99 for something I could buy elsewhere for $4.99, and I had to assume all their cheese was similarly overpriced.
About a month later I went to check and found they raised the price to $8.99.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lYqQpZ34dM
Russians are intelligent, well educated and logically minded people.

They are not sheep.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:05 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
It is possible they may not be more inclined to take any vaccine available. From the Russians I know here, 90% won't get it either. I expect Ukraine to stop around 10% too from those I know there.

Old 06-17-2021, 09:14 PM

Here's an assessment of Putin from 2014. The comments are worth a read, if you have time...

Quote:
Here are some options:

1. Putin is a crazy hothead who is not even procedurally rational. Merkel received that impression from one of her phone calls with him.

2. Putin is rational, in the Mises-Robbins sense of instrumental means-ends rationality, namely that he has some reason for what he does. He simply wills evil ends, namely the extension of Russian state power and his own power as well.

3. Putin is fully rational in the procedural sense, namely that he calculates very well and pursues his evil ends effectively. In #2 he is Austrian but in #3 he is neoclassical and Lucasian too. He knows the true structure of the underlying model of global geopolitics.

4. Putin lives in a world where power is so much the calculus — instrumentally, emotionally and otherwise — that traditional means-ends relationships are not easy to define. Power very often is the exercise of means for their own sake and means and ends thus meld and merge. Our rational choice constructs may mislead us and cause us to see pointless irrationality when in fact power is being consumed as both means and end. It is hard for we peons to grasp the emotional resonance that power has for Putin and for some of his Russian cronies. They grew up in the KGB, watched their world collapse, tyrannized to rise to top power, while we sit on pillows and watch ESPN.
https://marginalrevolution.com/margi...mir-putin.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe