Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 10:17 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

OK, this is what I am gathering so far in bits and pieces from the Russian sources/news.

#1. Taliban is definitely courting Russia.
While Kabul's airport looks like the living hell on Earth, with people being shot at, beaten and so on, Russians quietly evacuated 500 people ( from Russia and former Soviet republics, whoever wanted to come to the Russian embassy, where the bus was waiting for them to deliver everyone to the airport, which was done under Taliban's watchful guard and protection.)

#2. Those in Pandjshir Valley are still standing their ground, but they don't have enough of ammunition.
They asked the West for it, but there were no takers ( suppliers that is.)
Only Taliban has all the Western ammunition now, worth of $200 million ( per Russian report.)
So I guess Massoud Junior ( who was asking the West for help,) is probably starting seeing the light.
Here he is already giving interview to the Russian RBK News agency, saying ( at 2:47) that "Moscow might help to conduct the negotiations with Taliban regarding the all-inclusive government, because if the Taliban in its radical shape and form will prevail, they will set on fire the Central Asia and South of Russia."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRxKBficUg

( That's all I can say for now.)

Some Pakistani big wig at the same time hopscotched to Tadjikistan to negotiate with their government, seeing them TOO as a big piece of the puzzle ( and I guess feeling that the kind of Taliban's victory Pakistan was salivating over, is slipping out of their grip.)

But I think it didn't bring much success, since Russians were there first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 11:31 PM

..The new Defense Minister of the Taliban State is named already too.

This is going to be Abdullah Kayum Zakir - former Guantanamo prisoner, who was released from there in 2007.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...istration.html

Amrullah Saleh, former vice-president of Afghanistan, who sits now in Panjshir Valeey along with Massoud Junior, is blaming the US in the "legitimization of the Taliban, long before today's events. ( 4:36)

"Americans were blackmailing us, saying"either you'll set the captured Talibs free, or we'll cut the financial aid for you along with the military cooperation" he said. "We were asking Americans how they could be so sure that these people will not end up on the front lines again. Americans were denying it, but these people indeed are back at the front lines."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txxzhtbCGDI

Now the new defense minister will not only be in charge of the military operations, but he will be in charge of the external military cooperation/agreements, which is already taking place in Kabul's airport.
At 5:06

-Does it mean that the US are already working together with Taliban on evacuation?

-Yes they are.

( Confirmation from American sources, including the report of the CIA Director visit to Taliban's top leader in Kabul. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6MDO6-2lHQ

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...americans.html

So if Amrullah Saleh ( former vice president) is telling the truth ( and I think he is,) then what the H. is/was going on with all that? ( US insisting on releasing captured Talibs)?

Last edited by erasure; 08-25-2021 at 11:52 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 07:31 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
It's like I said a few pages back. The Taliban know that if they're going to succeed they need to maintain stability and listen to the world around them.

I think China is aware of their thought process and is willing to work with them but most of the western world is screaming like red assed monkeys about it. Clueless and hoping for the worst yet again.

As for the anointed one Massoud he will get help from somewhere somehow. The Taliban need to exterminate him quickly. Western warmongers will be back.

Old 08-26-2021, 07:36 AM

And there we go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcNIcrpBvpo

Old 08-26-2021, 07:56 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
On the attacks in Pakistan.

https://youtu.be/3JrDcj3ooEU

Russia can do very little without a stable Afghanistan even if it wanted to. If these attacks continue and get worse then China can do little also.
China and Russia have been sending military contractors everywhere the US is trying to obstruct China's access to raw materials and markets, which was articulated by a US general as one of the primary goals.

Security contractors spread across African Belt Road

China will also provide financial support to the countries to reduce the leverage of the US.

There are more wars now since US, NATO, Russia, China, Gulf States, etc. avoid public scrutiny by using private contractors and mercenaries.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:56 AM

The outskirts of the Novosibirsk.
30 sh*ts are face down, after FSB operation.

Yet another terrorist cell is under control; this "Kotiba Wahid.. bla-bla Al Jihad" organization participated in the terrorist acts in the Middle East, and not only.

( And obviously their network is not limited to one location only.)

This recent Taliban takeover in Afgahnistan gives these ****s all kinds of "inspiration" I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgFz71RTr2w

Old 08-26-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It's like I said a few pages back. The Taliban know that if they're going to succeed they need to maintain stability and listen to the world around them.

I think China is aware of their thought process and is willing to work with them but most of the western world is screaming like red assed monkeys about it. Clueless and hoping for the worst yet again.

As for the anointed one Massoud he will get help from somewhere somehow. The Taliban need to exterminate him quickly. Western warmongers will be back.

The "annointed one" is not in the best position.

His best bet is to be used by the Russians during the negotiations with Taliban.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:28 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:

They will be tested by terrorist groups like any other government.

It's a mistake to lump them in with groups like ISIS-Khorasan which has been threatening attacks in Kabul and has foreign sponsorship.

The other angle for foreign governments to wedge into the governance of Afghanistan is to destabilize the country and force the Taliban to accept foreign 'counterterrorism' forces and military aid.

Massoud has ties to Russia and is already seeking them out to mediate with the government.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:49 PM

2 bombs went off in Kabul. 1 at an airport gate and one at a hotel. ISIS-K is claiming the laurels. Khorasant?

The one at the airport snuck up a drainage ditch and got into the crowd. Civvies, American soldiers and Taliban soldiers were killed.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
2 bombs went off in Kabul. 1 at an airport gate and one at a hotel. ISIS-K is claiming the laurels. Khorasant?

The one at the airport snuck up a drainage ditch and got into the crowd. Civvies, American soldiers and Taliban soldiers were killed.

Oh well.
"Religion of peace" strikes again.
I am surprised it didn't happen there earlier, with all these crowds around, with so many people being *conveniently* gathered in one place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe