Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2019, 12:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Russia to build bridge over the Lena river near Yakutsk.

https://tass.com/economy/1092253
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 10:39 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
And why did you decide that they are talking about the Mongols?

Because that was not the only reference.

There were quite a few of them referring to that historic period, and that what helped to reconstruct the picture of Tatar-Mongolian invasion, the force and brutality of it. (Including that episode, when the winners ( Tatar-Mongols that is) put the platform over the still alive captives while having a feast, ( to celebrate their victory,) and one of the Novgorodian princes has been smothered this way along with many others that day.)

Quote:
In those days many nomadic tribes lived on the territory of modern Siberia.
Maybe it was them, not the Mongols?

I think you in rate that on Russia any foreigner, which differed from Russians on mind, language or religion was called Tatar?
Of course 'Tatar- Mongol" force included many other tribes that lived in their Empire, not just "Mongols."

Quote:
Though the German, though the Frenchman, though the Sweden, though the Polovtsian, though the Chinese..
Not sure what you are talking about here, sorry.

Of course all those people from different tribes that lived East of Russians were referred to by generic word "Tatars." And those who lived WEST of Russians became "Germans" I suppose, no matter who they really were)))

Quote:
P.S. This topic is created for the other and I think we should not clutter it with discussion of this issue, the more that it is too complicated. This would be appropriate in a separate topic, in the history section. If such a topic is interesting, I am ready to continue the debate.
Probably.
Although I am not sure how much I'd like to get into this discussion. This will require too much digging into books.

Old 11-29-2019, 09:12 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,309 times
Elisey Mysin, age 5 years

Сoncert J.S.Bach in F Minor, Part 1
Semifinal of the All-Russian television competition "Blue Bird" 2016.

Elisey Mysin. E.Grieg "In the cave of the mountain king"

"Mandarin". The author is Elisey Mysin.

Old 11-29-2019, 10:33 AM

Another video from Polina. The cinematics are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__xJsI0Th2w

Old 11-29-2019, 10:36 AM

Interesting. How long have we heard about the demise of Russia? My whole adult life. I really think Putin was and is the best man for the job of dragging Russia back into the game and building on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZk-fZUI8VI&t=1229s

Last edited by Scrat335; 11-29-2019 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-30-2019, 09:27 AM

The Neva expressway from St Pete to Moscow is complete. It cuts the time between the cities in half and a family can use it for about $21 one way. This is going to open up all kinds of opportunities throughout the region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTuj_YJOKi0

I hear there is a highway system in the works that will connect Moscow to Astrakhan. They have started a major section in the Volgograd area already.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:46 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The Neva expressway from St Pete to Moscow is complete. It cuts the time between the cities in half and a family can use it for about $21 one way. This is going to open up all kinds of opportunities throughout the region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTuj_YJOKi0

I hear there is a highway system in the works that will connect Moscow to Astrakhan. They have started a major section in the Volgograd area already.
Wait, what? What do you mean, "a family can use [the highway] for about $21? Is it a toll road? Or is that the cost of gas to drive between the two cities?

FINALLY! An improved highway between those two important cities has been long overdue.

Old 11-30-2019, 12:12 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,928,100 times
The Amur River has finally been bridged, expect a boost in trade between Russia and China. Though I'm surprised it's only one lane in each direction, that bridge is going to get backed up with the wait times for going through customs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB9Jbr4Fql4

Old 11-30-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, what? What do you mean, "a family can use [the highway] for about $21? Is it a toll road? Or is that the cost of gas to drive between the two cities?

FINALLY! An improved highway between those two important cities has been long overdue.
I guess it's a toll road. The highway from Berlin to Hong Kong will be one also. If it's ever finished. Tolls are coming everywhere.

Old 11-30-2019, 03:21 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,928,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Yes the report clearly states it’s tolled, except that it costs $28, vs $66 taking the Sapsan train or flying for about $110. Driving will take 6 hrs, the train 4 hrs, and flying 1 hr. Apparently driving on the tolled road will end up being cheaper than the old road considering the amount of gas and time wasted.

I guess Russia has taken its new capitalist future a little too close to heart, even in the US we are not that capitalist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe