Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2019, 02:00 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In Novosibirsk (the capital of Siberia) they came up with a new way to fight birds that steal food from russian people
In Africa they use napalm on Quilia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 08:02 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times

Old 12-10-2019, 09:20 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Well, Russia is out of the upcoming summer and winter Olympics, and the WC. I have read they also want to remove the "OAR" designation for those athletes competing, and there are some people, ok the US lol, pushing to have all Russian athletes banned, though that is not going to go anywhere because the decision has been made on the extent of the ban.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:06 PM

I'm not following it that close but I think it's a farce. The entire Olympic system is corrupt.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'm not following it that close but I think it's a farce. The entire Olympic system is corrupt.
As much as i think Russia gets screwed left and right in the media through idiot spins stories and hypocritical analysis, this one is all on Russia.

The key here is not the fact the athletes were doing drugs, but that it was state sponsored, and then the state, Russia, tried to cover it up even more and when caught, still has not fully complied with the last actions.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
As much as i think Russia gets screwed left and right in the media through idiot spins stories and hypocritical analysis, this one is all on Russia.

The key here is not the fact the athletes were doing drugs, but that it was state sponsored, and then the state, Russia, tried to cover it up even more and when caught, still has not fully complied with the last actions.
Any good accurate information? How was the Russian "state"/government involved? Is the Olympics in Russia run by the government?

Old 12-10-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

And if Serena Williams is on drugs, no one cares, do they? Because the very same WADA and allowed. Since 2016, about 20 athletes from the United States have been convicted of doping and disqualified, but the a_ssholes from WADA for some reason did not even mention the suspension of the United States from the Olympic games, because they know that they will be immediately destroyed in the literal and figurative sense. Utter hypocrisy.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
And if Serena Williams is on drugs, no one cares, do they? Because the very same WADA and allowed. Since 2016, about 20 athletes from the United States have been convicted of doping and disqualified, but the a_ssholes from WADA for some reason did not even mention the suspension of the United States from the Olympic games, because they know that they will be immediately destroyed in the literal and figurative sense. Utter hypocrisy.
I read an article where athletes get all kinds of exemptions for this and that, don't show up for testing and get away with it. I know in the past US athletes have used drugs and got away with it as have other nations. There's all kinds of favoritism from top to bottom. The whole thing is completely corrupt anyway.

It's a joke.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:31 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Instead of Russia whining about how it’s being unfairly treated, Russia should crack down on cheaters and make Russia a shining example of good sportsmanship and start opening up investigations on other international athletes. Russia is too busy deflecting with what aboutism and instead should focus on being better and serving as a role model. Two wrongs don’t make a right even if everyone else does.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Instead of Russia whining about how it’s being unfairly treated, Russia should crack down on cheaters and make Russia a shining example of good sportsmanship and start opening up investigations on other international athletes. Russia is too busy deflecting with what aboutism and instead should focus on being better and serving as a role model. Two wrongs don’t make a right even if everyone else does.

As one good man said: "where the rules of the game do not allow to win, English gentlemen change the rules."
Russia has no chance in the current state of affairs to win this fight, because all sports structures, such as the IOC, WADA, sports federations in sports, are under the control of the West,and "gentlemens" will always change the "rules of the game" what would Russia not do. And to change something it is necessary to break everything radically, to leave the IOC, from all federations, and most importantly to stop paying contributions there. This will be the most significant blow.

And need to create new structures, then maybe something will turn out, although this, in my opinion, is an unrealistic scenario and no one will agree to it. Because to olympic sports are allocated huge funds, and to deprive yourself of a trough, no one will.. Better will and further grovel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe