Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2019, 05:21 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
We got 20-25 centimeters of snow tonight. On the roads a nightmare.

P.S. Sell high-quality Siberian snow. Cheap. Self-delivery.
I'll take some!! All of western Washington is a mud hole. A Rasputitsa worthy of the Rodina!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 05:27 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The question is - why so late?

P.S. And of course Washington forced Germans to pay for the modernization of Ukrainian transit system, to keep it for relatively small amounts of transit.

Gasprom signed the contract with Ukraine for five years already yesterday or day before, in exchange of dropping all court charges.

Well may be that's it - Washington simply tried to DELAY the project, to keep Ukrainians alive.
You answered your own question. This is why I dont need to post as much anymore.

Just 3 days ago another lng terminal went online in Louisiana. That's 2 additional plants in December alone. So yes its self serving to delay Nordstream 2. We have a lot of gas to sell in the new year.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:36 PM

I've really been thinking about the Nordstream 2 thing. Not so much about the sanctions but the mentality of those behind the aggressive actions towards it. You hear things like "NATO exists to keep Germany down and Russia out" in some circles and it sure as hell looks that way.

I don't see why the US government can't see that this is the wrong path to take. It hurts us more than it does Russia who is going to finish the pipeline one way or another. Business interests around the world is going to be afraid of dealing with America. Why do it when you are opening yourself up to what is essentially economic blackmail?

Any thoughts?

Old 12-26-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You answered your own question. This is why I dont need to post as much anymore.

Just 3 days ago another lng terminal went online in Louisiana. That's 2 additional plants in December alone. So yes its self serving to delay Nordstream 2. We have a lot of gas to sell in the new year.
Who's going to want those "freedom molecules" when they come with chains attached?

Old 12-26-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
No mention of the super advanced su 57 crash? According to a pro Putin poster here it was supposed to be in service in 2019.. They have a few days left to get er ready!
I read something happened to the tail of the aircraft. I don't know if it was hardware, software or other related. A lot of people are saying it was sensor failure which messed with the computer suite. Chit happens with new aircraft.

Old 12-26-2019, 07:58 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I've really been thinking about the Nordstream 2 thing. Not so much about the sanctions but the mentality of those behind the aggressive actions towards it. You hear things like "NATO exists to keep Germany down and Russia out" in some circles and it sure as hell looks that way.

I don't see why the US government can't see that this is the wrong path to take. It hurts us more than it does Russia who is going to finish the pipeline one way or another. Business interests around the world is going to be afraid of dealing with America. Why do it when you are opening yourself up to what is essentially economic blackmail?

Any thoughts?
Found an article on a Russian blog. I can not vouch for the reliability of all of the following, just information for consideration.

Almost soberly and without emotion. How to evaluate gas transit contract and the situation with the "Northern stream-2"the management of "Gazprom"

Spoiler
Yesterday informally talked with my buddy, one of the secondary clerks, close to the top of the "Empire of Gazprom". Man personally contributed to the historic conclusion of the transit contract with Ukraine and , it appears, was aware of all the shady circumstances around the "Nord stream - 2" from the beginning , but until yesterday, swore that he knew nothing.

Gently mocking me and my "pensioner verbiage" Blog "Zen" with theme "Northern stream" and a gas transit contract , buddy ( I call him "L") tried to convince me and other friends of the party that the decisions and actions of the Russian leadership was at its brilliant, the only correct and optimal in the current situation , when considered in the context of the strategic interests of Russia.

"You, bro, retired in his Blog gradually devolving and losing the objectivity and sober analysis" – initially assessed the content of my posts he is not sober to "L".

"Here's a better look at the work of the best analytical minds in the country". they are nonsense in the Cart do not write " - "L." with a mysterious form opened on my laptop such a presentation , consisting of only a few sheets with graphs in the period from 2020 to 2024.

Two of the first schedule contained a forecast on volumes and prices of pipeline gas and LNG in Europe .

According to them, next year will be absolutely disastrous for prices on the pipeline and LNG . They reached the lowest values since 2002. Moreover, the volume of sold gas by Gazprom to Europe is also the lowest since the beginning of this century. And that's not all. Proceeds of "Gazprom" also will break the record. With the 2021 volumes and revenue will begin to grow slowly, but by 2024, only approaches the level of indicators, a record for Gazprom 2018. As for gas prices , then by 2024, although it will gradually increase from the low in 2020 , but did not reach its top figures 2018

"What a nightmare,' said one of our mutual friends - better to roll than mood spoil the final before the last year of the working week."

"But see next..." - solemnly declared, "L.", and the gesture of the magician opened the following charts for the same period: the share of the European market of main countries-suppliers and projected net profit of "Gazprom" . It turned out that from next year, these graphs only go up steeply ( with the exception of net profit in 2020, this year it will shrink slightly compared to the years 2017-2019).

Already by 2024, the share of the European market "Gazprom" and its net profit reached record levels . But what is most interesting, already in 2023, the share of Russian LNG will also be a record and will be released first in Europe, ahead of all other suppliers! Not only the US but also the current world leader Qatar. As for the Americans, then 2021, their share in Europe with a record for them in 2020 ( but still less than Qatar and Russia) will rapidly decrease and virtually disappear from Europe by 2024.

Due to what is achieved in this celebration of life for Gazprom to 2024 "L". explained in two paragraphs.

First. Obvalivaya prices in 2020, we remove from the market first us LNG and significantly reduce the attractiveness of Europe for Qatar. We also podkashivaet investment program Norway, as in 2020-2022 year, she will have no free cash-flow for the formation of a CAPEX for the development of new fields than accelerating the onset of the expected decline of gas production in this country for two years. To borrow money on the current investments in "State oil Fund" and "Fund for future generations" in Norway is prohibited by law

Second . Out competitive low cost of Russian pipeline gas and LNG . Now with all the prevailing it mess and theft, Gazprom has a threshold of loss if the price is 50-60% lower than their main competitors, and present and future, Baku and Israel. Besides, in 2020, Gazprom is run some magic program for an additional total cost reduction and increased operating efficiency , which according to the "L" will reduce the break-even threshold by an additional 20-25% by 2024.

"Palaces , yachts and jets of the Board members under the hammer empty? Instructors and advisors and other small fry from buying more than two "Land Cruisers" on the family " tried to I quipped.

"No, shoot for failing KPI" - good-naturedly retorted "L" .

In addition to the already established and working "Production system "Gazprom" and is included in the various "Lean production" and "5 S", "Casenum" S&OP and other Western fashion stuff , a few years launched a project "Six Sigma" as consultants "Gazprom" from McKinsey, it does wonders with the optimization of business and production.

Conclusion my friend: the transit contract is the main weapon of the collapse of prices on the European market and the displacement of major competitors in the medium term – times; a compelling justification before the European public of the intention of "peacefully, only for commercial purposes to use Nord stream two.

Gas blockade of Ukraine since 01 January seriously considered as the primary option before the time, until finally it became clear that European contractors are afraid of sanctions and piled up. It turns out the confusion December 20, was calculated by Gazprom in mid-November. And in early December he "Allseas" privately warned the Customer that if the sanctions will enter into force , it is "into the breach rush is not going to" ( Scoundrels of simple hard workers in the dark kept until the very end) . The objective was to put as much of the pipe to the imposition of sanctions. As soon as it became aware of these sad circumstances, the main option for all the decision makers in Russia was the signing of the transit agreement on the most acceptable terms. But it was kept a closely guarded secret for strengthening negotiating positions and Kiev , and the people did cheerful face.

Head jamb and Gazprom from all state services involved was that they right up to the beginning of November, they could not predict such a determined burst pressure and sanctions from the United States and the vulnerability of such contractors as has happened in fact.

The leadership of the country until mid-November was confident that the pipe will have time to put until early next year . This led to the fact that it is the leadership made a series of reckless public statements "about the "zero debt" as a compulsory condition of signing of the transit contact", of course hoping that Ukraine does not agree and the transit will be stopped. By the way, I would have for this setup, a couple of generals into early retirement sent.

However, nothing has changed, except for a few temporarily tarnished the image of Vladimir Putin in the eyes of some "hardcore patriots" and the next shift final solution of the Ukrainian problem. Because...

First, the payment of the "debt" Kiev "cache" from the financial side is much more profitable than to pay the debt for five years with gas.

Second, this unleashes "Gazprom" in the opportunity under the pretext to break the contract if required at any time and has to arrange a gas blockade of Kiev.

Thirdly, Russia, in the decision of the London court of sovereign debt will look much better, as the state is always given the debt and expects the same from its partners .

After the conclusion of the transit contract , the timing of the launch of "SP-2" is unimportant at least up to the autumn of 2020. Contract weaken attention to the construction of the enemies, are now celebrating a temporary victory.

The pipeline will be completed before the winter of 2020. About how to do it exactly is no one really knows . And there is no solution ( although about the inevitability of the interruption of construction was known almost from the beginning of November) . It is only being discussed...

Most likely to strip "Alexander Cherskiy" ( which is not yet ready ) and "fortune". A statement in the media that the barge has no right to lay pipe in the area of Denmark, "L." he called "bull****". There just are limits on the wind and excitement. And for system stabilization positioning may play tugs from two sides on the sides.

Seriously discussing plans to pipe weld of the "underwater method" robots "air channels". Depth small. This technology from Russia and have in practice been repeatedly used , but the alleged extent of experience of its use and for permission to use it still need additional international ecological examination carried out.

We also study the possibility of urgent purchase ready right pipelayer ways that do not fall under us sanctions. According to "L." in "Gazprom" already has multiple offers from owners who, for "x@@" sanctions , if only to "money award for the ship from to".

From related news: made a preliminary decision at the top of the tab in South Korea its "super - pipe" in 2020 with an eye on the Arctic shelf at the same shipyard, which built the "Pioneering Spirit".

And finally, on a sad. "Nord Stream -2AG" will not receive compensation from the European pipelayers for refusing to work as per the contract "sanctions by third countries" referred to "force majeure" not falling within the wording "the failure of works on fault of the contractor" .

When I asked "L." – whether his revelations to publish in my Blog, he little thought, said he, too, soon retired, and agreed, banning only provide figures from the shown graphs.

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5d28b...008800afd8c942

Old 12-26-2019, 08:01 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
Quote:
No mention of the super advanced su 57 crash? According to a pro Putin poster here it was supposed to be in service in 2019.. They have a few days left to get er ready!
So what follows from this? Anything can happen. As if the F35 never fell ..

Old 12-26-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
So what follows from this? Anything can happen. As if the F35 never fell ..
There is a video out there of an F-22 flopping down a runway like a dolphin leaping from the water. It finally crashed after beating itself on the runway. The plane was a total write off. It reportedly had a faulty sensor also as did the B2 bomber a few years ago.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Airplanes crash, not seeing the issue.

The F-35 for example has had two crashes, on top of other incidents involving the engine, fuel issues, hull, etc, and it came in at three times the budget and years of delay. It was about ten years from its first flight to entering service due to so many issues with it.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
I read that Russia is going to soon require Ukrainians to have international passports to enter Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe