Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 12:45 PM

403 posts, read 221,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You sound like just another Russia who thinks that they won WWII alone We don't have lies taught to us about which allies contributed in order to feed an inferiority complex. I've watched enough of your shows and seen the outright fabrication.

Let me give it to you straight Ivan, the Luftwaffe lost more aircraft to the western allies than to the Soviets despite the majority of the fighting taking place on the eastern front. That doesn't even count the other Axis nations air forces which were nearly totally destroyed by the western allies...other than Finland's.

Funny you bring up Leningrad without realizing it would have starved without our resupply coming through Murmansk. Its even mentioned at the museum in St. Petersburg so at least its not ignored entirely.

We had an ocean to cross to get to Europe and that meant securing the ocean BEFORE we could field a million man army needed for France. We sent 12 million men to the fight across the world. Of course the Red Army did the most ground fighting, it had the largest army and most of the fighting occurred in the Soviet Union. But air force and navy was beaten by us.

I never claimed that Russians won WWII alone - could have done it though if it came to it.

Why not to use a shorter route to Leningrad - than going through Arctic ocean to Murmansk and Arhangelsk and only then to Leningrad ? Did you try North Pole too?
Oh, I forgot - there were Germans in Baltic sea - you know Luftwaffe, the one that you were "luring away"somewhere, German navy ships and submarines - where were yours? Remember you told us "not to build our own navy fleet" and " that you will cover the navy" and all the "bombing"?

Russia would have lost without our joining the fight.Are you admitting here that we won - "with you joining the fight" of course?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
8 neutral countries?? Maybe if you count city states but How did you get to 8? Portugal was stuck without Spanish involvement. Spain was sorta allied with Hitler so there was no reason for them to fight. Switzerland is always neutral and anyway would have been annexed quick (it was more hostage to Germany than anything). So who else? Turkey and Sweden? Yes I can see a case there but Turkey was historically allied with Germany and in no position to declare war. The rest of Europe was conquered by Germany or allied with it.

Finland, um hello the Soviets just attacked Finland the year before so how do you think they would respond, by helping Russia who just invaded, killed many Finns and stole their land?

I agree that Ireland and Sweden took the cowards way out. So did Brazil and many others though.
"Many countries made neutrality declarations during World War II. Most, however, became occupied, and in the end only the states of Andorra, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (with Liechtenstein), and Vatican (the Holy See) remained neutral of the European countries closest to the war." wiki

Old 02-02-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
^^Kind of the same thing? To my Russian ears.

You sound like just another American who thinks that they won WWII

You sure had very complicated tactics back then, like all over the world (Africa for God's sake!) and not exactly where you were needed - Leningrad comes to mind.

I think you did a bad "MAIN??? job of luring Luftwaffe from Russia"...
While you were doing your unsuccessful "luring" (don't really know what it means) Russian women (pilots) ages 17-27 !!!
were kicking Luftwaffe's aces arses...

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...fighting-force

Italian troops were the least worries of Russian partisans.
I forgot to mention that the airplanes those women were flying were made out of plywood and canvas .

ttps://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/07/night-witches-the-female-fighter-pilots-of-world-war-ii/2

Last edited by Straight Arrow; 02-02-2018 at 01:37 PM..

Old 02-02-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbn4 View Post
Do Russians consider themselves white? Like British or Italian or German people?
Do you consider yourself white? Are you an Italian?
You guys (to paraphrase Sarah Palin here) can see Africa from your houses, especially on Pantelleria island?
If you are interested about Sicillian DNA here is a nice link:

https://siciliangodmother.com/2015/0...-into-the-dna/

Old 02-02-2018, 02:11 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
In all fairness it about balanced out. Russia was helped immensely by the US bombing campaigne and the material goods. Russian soldiers loved Churchill tanks and US Sherman "Easy 8s" and were thankful for the trucks and spam too. From 1943 onwards Spam fed a lot the Red Army.
And aircrafts! For example, Alexander Pokryshkin and other legendary pilots flew on a Airacobra.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:12 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
I think you did a bad "MAIN??? job of luring Luftwaffe from Russia"...
While you were doing your unsuccessful "luring" (don't really know what it means) Russian women (pilots) ages 17-27 !!!
were kicking Luftwaffe's aces arses...
https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...fighting-force
Lol, the VVS didn't get full air superiority before 1944, and that was only due to terrible German losses on all fronts. On the ground the Soviets gave the Germans a good beating, but in the air Luftwaffe assraped the Russians until Bagration. And not only the Germans; the Finns, Romanians and Hungarians did it too.

It's not a surprise that all 100 of the top 100 scoring aces are German, of which the majority fought on the Eastern front. And the top non-German ace is a Finn.

The Night Witches were flying U-2/Po-2 biplanes whatever you want to call it, so they didn't kick anyone's ass. Mostly hampered the Germans' sleep. Valuable as such, but they definitely didn't shoot down anyone.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And the top non-German ace is a Finn.
And the chief Finnish commander-in-chief is the Russian general.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
A lot more than 28 were banned, and are still banned and have their Sochi medals stripped. Its just these 28 were deemed to not have enough evidence beyond strong circumstantial evidence. Good for them, they are a small part of the Russians who were caught cheating.
Your propaganda is limping on both feet. Learn the material.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:36 PM

btw, today I bought peanut butter. I will try to describe the result tomorrow.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:58 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
btw, today I bought peanut butter. I will try to describe the result tomorrow.
Yes, report back on enhanced experience please)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe