Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 05:42 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
How so?
I always thought that Finnish nobility is of SWEDISH descent)))
Yes, the majority is of Swedish descent. Swedish, German and Finnish for the most part, with a few French, Polish and Russians mixed in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
More.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...bd5_story.html

Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
Let's make America white again?
Not too many AA in his cabinet...
I can see that Americans are more politically correct than Russians. Yet it a totally different government.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:54 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
People are different in their opinions. Russian people are not an exception.
I did not vote for anybody last election - did not like either one of them. But American people voted for Trump, he deserves a chance. Let see what he can do.
Left Russia in 1982
He got plenty of chances already. Many people were willing to set aside their differences to see what comes out of the election. So far he's got a pretty bad record.

Pulling out of the Paris Accord
Pulling out of TPP
Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital (a move I agree with btw, but premature)
Banning citizens of certain countries
Deporting migrants who have been in the country for ages)
Wastes time on Twitter getting into disputes with random individuals

Even Elon Musk left his cabinet, because he deemed him a hopeless case.

No, I'm not American and no I wouldn't have voted for Hillary if I was.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:30 AM

403 posts, read 221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I can see that Americans are more politically correct than Russians. Yet it a totally different government.
I think they are. American people voted in Obama twice.
But, again I am Russian American. I was raised in USSR and truly believe to this day that all people should be treated equal - with dignity and respect regardless of their origin,race, culture, color, sexual orientation, etc. I think when you touch people's dignity (like for example Tramp does very often) then all kind of problems arise. And, I have a very high sense of it.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
He got plenty of chances already. Many people were willing to set aside their differences to see what comes out of the election. So far he's got a pretty bad record.

Pulling out of the Paris Accord
Pulling out of TPP
Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital (a move I agree with btw, but premature)
Banning citizens of certain countries
Deporting migrants who have been in the country for ages)
Wastes time on Twitter getting into disputes with random individuals

Even Elon Musk left his cabinet, because he deemed him a hopeless case.

No, I'm not American and no I wouldn't have voted for Hillary if I was.
Tramp was playing on and trying to appeal to an average American Joe from day 1. And succeeded.
From starting to wear baseball cap (never seen him in it before - may be on golf course?) to all his "pulled out of his a$$ and not very intelligent speeches" that raise not the very best in people. Very often it bites him on his a$$ too.

His record if you hear Fox news is actually pretty good. Average American is interested in seeing their paycheck going up and it did go up this month, and so is 401 K.

I approve his war on drugs and gangs.

His banning citizens from certain countries and allowing citizens from other countries (where apparently he has his own interests) was not very smart. People, who were already vetted and with US visas were refused entry. And, I am talking about educated people like doctors and their fiancees and immediate families got stranded.

Immigration policy is the other one. Statistically more Mexicans going out than going in. Children of those illegal Mexicans that lived here for decades were educated here and probably will do well and pay taxes providing social security for our increasing aging population.

His cabinet lacks AA and average Joes to whom he appealed and who elected him. I haven't even seen Ben Carson even on Fox news and don't really know what he is doing there.

Twitter. He is a narcissist - he just has to talk - either himself or through his lawyers nowadays.

And, I really don't think FBI is as bad as they want to present it. Those two that were exchanging e-mails clearly don't need to be working there...

Old 02-04-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes.

He is credited with 94 victories, but until his death claimed 128.

Finland fought on Finland's side with the Axis against the Soviets, but not the Western Allies. It was a choice between the devil and Beelzebub.

Yes, as so many of the Finnish nobility are.
Hey, I read that at first you gave up like 8 Jewish people to Germans? Then put your foot down and refused to extradite any. Then, Jewish people were actually fighting on a German side (well, against Soviets).
And, at the end, you were actually shooting Germans...?
I have to give Finns credit - you have huge balls!

Old 02-04-2018, 04:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russian Su-25 shot down today in Syria. Not sure why they are still bombing Syrians but unsurprising. I'm expecting them to find a way to blame the USA.
They are bombing terrorists, even the US media states this, they are bombing former groups aligned with Al-Qaeda. The plane was shot down with MANPADS, the US under Obama in December, 2016, authorized the DOD to provide MANPADS to Syrian insurgents, but as with every other damn weapon, who knows who actually received these things. There is also an issue of Saudi Arabia supplying as well. But for sure they did not go to the local Walmart and purchase them, along with the training to use them; the US does have declared 2000 troops there doing something...

Old 02-04-2018, 04:20 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They are bombing terrorists, even the US media states this, they are bombing former groups aligned with Al-Qaeda. The plane was shot down with MANPADS, the US under Obama in December, 2016, authorized the DOD to provide MANPADS to Syrian insurgents, but as with every other damn weapon, who knows who actually received these things. There is also an issue of Saudi Arabia supplying as well. But for sure they did not go to the local Walmart and purchase them, along with the training to use them; the US does have declared 2000 troops there doing something...
That conflict is do convoluted that it's hard to tell who's who anymore.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:59 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Russia uses cluster bombs on an Syrian city.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnd3IYH7x1o

So a lot of civilians would have been caught up in the bombings. So Russia is not just bombing terrorists.

Russia is backing Assad regime, and the Assad regime it esp brutal, and even involved in terrorist attacks. An example is Assad Government forces commit a suicide bombing of a funeral:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua1gjIu2wAo
I seen more footage of this terrorist attack and it looked like a suicide bomber and it was very graphic with bodies everywhere via liveleak. Yes Russia does support a regime that does commit acts of terrorism. This type of attack is not good for a NATO prospective, but a great attack from an Assad Government prospective.

Of course I was also against the US support Iraq invasion as well, so I not just one sided.

Last edited by other99; 02-04-2018 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe