Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 01:11 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I've made up my mind on this. As of this moment I would attack. It would cost lives and treasure but US aggression has to be checked and several things come to mind.

Currently the US is trying to starve Syria into submission. The people are suffering but it doesn't seem to matter to the US politicians. Things of this nature have happened before. The bombing of N Korea. The destruction of Veit Namese agriculture and Iraq in the 1990s. Both of which led to the deaths of many people.

The US wants conflict. The US stays on top of the heap by breaking the bones of other people which they stand on to keep on top.

If Russia continues to vacillate and fails to act then by the end of this decade there may well be a 3rd world war in eastern Europe. And Russia will be the target. Just like in WWII except that Russia will have no breathing space this time because the conventional means to destroy Russia may be there.

Russia best hedge its bets. As you said Erasure, maybe Russia should start acting the part it's been placed in.

That's where I stand.

What I would do in this situation?
I'd count the losses, take over Donbass as much as I can, try to present the losses as a victory to my own population, and then I'd start building close ties with China.

Really close ties ( throw Iran in there too.)

I am following Putin's logic in this case.
And I think that's what he is doing now, pretty much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Awesome logic.They shoot the APU, kill with the full approval and support of NATO, and Putin is again to blame.Of course, so much money was poured into this monstrous provocation. It's about time. Come on, Russians, make up your mind.

As it has been already said before;

"You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour, and you will have war."

Winston Churchill.

Old 04-04-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Not a good sign when the side shooting first is denying it. That feels like they are hoping for what I suspect: to provoke a response. It all depends on whether Russia is behind it, or their militia are hoping to drag the formal Russian army in. If the latter, then nothing will happen. Playing with fire though, that is for sure. There are way too many guys in Ukraine ready to fight, and too eager in my opinion.

My concern is if Russia itself is looking to provoke so it can formally introduce their forces. Then we have the Georgian scenario, which will mean a real fight. I'm talking about a provocation that results in a Ukrainian offensive (instead of just retaliatory fire). I'd prefer we get there without Russian and Ukrainian funerals that would surely result. In order to prevent western retaliation this has to be framed the way it was in Georgia, so provoke, lie about the response and etc. Russian deaths will be attributed to NATO forces being present on the battlefield, and this will be doubled as a cause for Russians to come kill and be killed some more. Well let's hope not... Just march the tri color into the positions already occupied and we can have a MUCH better outcome for all sides.

Quit spreading Ukrainian propaganda DKM.

American media is doing a fine job without your additional effort.

Old 04-04-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What I would do in this situation?
I'd count the losses, take over Donbass as much as I can, try to present the losses as a victory to my own population, and then I'd start building close ties with China.

Really close ties ( throw Iran in there too.)

I am following Putin's logic in this case.
And I think that's what he is doing now, pretty much.

P.S. I think militarywise Russia is in good shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4SOXOE44ms

When it comes to China - I already expressed my opinion.
But that's my personal opinion.

Last edited by erasure; 04-04-2021 at 02:00 PM..

Old 04-04-2021, 04:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
As it has been already said before;

"You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour, and you will have war."

Winston Churchill.
That's one thing Russia and Putin will have to learn (I don't understand why they haven't yet) about the west and the reptilian minds that are pushing US policy forward. To them there is only one set of rules. Dominate the world around you, control the world around you. Cooperation is not an option, equality is not an option. Domination is THE rule.

Failure to act in response to this is Putin and his governments dishonor. This may well lead to Churchills words coming true.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
P.S. I think militarywise Russia is in good shape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4SOXOE44ms

When it comes to China - I already expressed my opinion.
But that's my personal opinion.
Russia is completely capable of defending itself. You seriously underestimate China though.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:41 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Fear is getting out of hand. The two militaries held talks to avoid overreacting.

Chief of general of Russian military held talks with US counterpart

Old 04-04-2021, 06:13 PM

More information. Some of it is old news but some isn't.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4phkpHKkaPI&t=764s

I think that in the discussion between the reps a lot of thing were made clear. One being the US would get further involved. I think the US is already involved and logistics are already set up. I would bet on it.

Reptiles do not respect weakness. That's opportunity to them. I think that for now things will remain deadlocked but in the not too distant future there will be a conflict.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
That's one thing Russia and Putin will have to learn (I don't understand why they haven't yet) about the west and the reptilian minds that are pushing US policy forward. To them there is only one set of rules. Dominate the world around you, control the world around you. Cooperation is not an option, equality is not an option. Domination is THE rule.

Failure to act in response to this is Putin and his governments dishonor. This may well lead to Churchills words coming true.

Churchill's words already came true when it comes to Ukraine, unfortunately so.

But Putin learned his lesson ( when it comes to the West - he acknowledged it,) albeit a bit too late.

But you need to remember, that that's what the whole design of the nineties was all about - to "integrate Russia's economy" in the "world's economy," in such way, that it would have been always hanging on the ropes, and those strings could have been yanked at any time, prohibiting Russia to act independently in politics.

And there was plenty of the "5th column" in Russia ready to oblige. ( In fact Putin himself originally belonged to this group of people - so-called "liberals.")
And that was the main reason behind the Eastern Ukraine's fiasco back in 2014.

But P. learned his lesson well by now.

Old 04-04-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Russia is completely capable of defending itself. You seriously underestimate China though.

It's not a matter of "underestimating," but a matter of personal likes and dislikes.

I personally dislike China on many levels, and it's non-negotiable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe