Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 09:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Give us a break already. Ukrainian army is not targeting children for some super secret back handed way to start a war. It was clearly an accident and DNR propaganda is milking it for sympathy. There aren't unverified drone strikes around Donetsk taking out civilians slowly on purposes... this is just nonsense.

Civilians are getting hit on both sides. Stop shooting and adhere to the ceasefire deal and no more problems but no, lets shoot at Ukraine because they shut down our propaganda TV channels!

Not if you look and think about it. Someone wants to provoke war. One way is to provoke and attack by the DNR thus justifying an intervention by larger powers?

Did you forget about the snipers at Maidan? I haven't. The Ukronazi politician with the sniper rifle in his car? The snipers shooting Syrian police in 2011? I haven't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2021, 09:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Scrat...
He just stepped out of his house ( or rather run out) and was immediately killed.

His grandmother was close behind, changing her shoes to go outside with him.

She was hit by the exploded glass.

So no "mine laid" anywhere; it happened right in their front yard, in a matter of minute or less after the boy went outside.

Two of his mother's friends that were weeding their patches a bit further down the road, heard the sound of a drone, although no one saw it.

When the Russian "60 minutes" journalists were talking about the whole ordeal to a Ukrainian journalist, T. Montyan, ( she is a lawyer by trade actually,) they didn't want to touch the "gore details," in order to not to hurt the feelings of the family yet again.

But Montyan ( who visited the family) said that they want as many people to learn the details of their child's death as possible.

People have different opinions to why the child was picked by the Ukrs exactly.

Some think that it was a "sacred victim" that was supposed to provoke DNR/Russia for revenge, but Montyan for example thinks that Ukrs made a mistake - they wanted to kill yet another elderly, to keep the terror going, but hit the child instead, which was too much for their purpose.

A few months earlier a young woman ( 26 year old I guess) was killed in the same manner in Gorlovka, by a drone.

Another man was seriously wounded along with her and taken to the hospital. ( They say here that "during the last month (04/11/2020) Ukrs killed three civilians and wounded 11 people.")

Убийство Мирославы Воронцовой » Голос Севастополя - новости Новороссии, ситуация на Украине сегодня
I thought they were in the garden.

Old 04-06-2021, 09:40 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I thought they were in the garden.

Not in the garden.

You can see here where it happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvvupAtDX2U&t=59s

Old 04-06-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Not if you look and think about it. Someone wants to provoke war. One way is to provoke and attack by the DNR thus justifying an intervention by larger powers?

Did you forget about the snipers at Maidan? I haven't. The Ukronazi politician with the sniper rifle in his car? The snipers shooting Syrian police in 2011? I haven't.

O. Medvedeva was quoting the article today written by a conservative Ted Galen Carpenter in "The National Interest," titled

"Joe Biden's Ukraine Policy: A repeat of G. W. Bush in Georgia?"

"It is a bad idea for Washington to give its partners the impression that they have a blank check to go to war and expect American forces to come to the rescue if the fighting goes poorly."

"The parallels between Washington’s excessive encouragement of Ukraine and Bush’s blunder with respect to Georgia are eerie and alarming. Vladimir Putin’s government has given the West numerous warnings over the years that attempting to make Ukraine a NATO military client crosses a bright red line in terms of Russia’s security. The Kremlin’s 2014 annexation of Crimea in response to the U.S.-European Union campaign to help demonstrators oust Ukraine’s elected, pro-Russia government and replace it with a pro-West regime should have conveyed that message with great clarity.

Yet the Biden administration seems intent to blunder onward. There is now the risk of two unfortunate outcomes from this approach: one bad, and one horrendous..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_HukxsGHEU

Old 04-06-2021, 11:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Russian propaganda videos do not present reality. I love their catchy thumbnails, always the same style across all their networks. I'm (not) sorry if that offends or upsets.

Nobody is quite sure what the purpose of all this blathering in Russia is at the moment but they aren't about to start a war so let them blather on. They can even present it as "Ukrainian" videos but they are still created by and for Russia to spread disinformation. Carry on with your outrage against the evil West and "Kiev" and tell the world how much we need to be attacked for invented events.

I am however getting some signals that Ukraine may be considering a summer offensive which is why Putin moved his military to the region. Just a few slight signals is all though. Russia is all about countries being able to bomb and kill whoever they need to in order to bring rebellious regions under control, so perhaps they won't help again this time (Ukraine will not be surprised by Russian military attacking them this time). But this is months away so...

Last edited by DKM; 04-06-2021 at 11:20 PM..

Old 04-07-2021, 12:04 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Russian Police Arrest Physicians Seeking To Treat Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/06/98483...r-alexei-naval

Old 04-07-2021, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Russian propaganda videos do not present reality. I love their catchy thumbnails, always the same style across all their networks. I'm (not) sorry if that offends or upsets.

Nobody is quite sure what the purpose of all this blathering in Russia is at the moment but they aren't about to start a war so let them blather on. They can even present it as "Ukrainian" videos but they are still created by and for Russia to spread disinformation.

Well then direct all your whining to "The National Interest," since it's them that ( according to you) "spread the Russian disinformation." ( The recurring craziness of the Dems lately.) Because she is discussing in this video just that - the article, and how viable there the comparisons with Georgia's situation back in 2008.

Quote:
Carry on with your outrage against the evil West and "Kiev" and tell the world how much we need to be attacked for invented events.

I am however getting some signals that Ukraine may be considering a summer offensive which is why Putin moved his military to the region. Just a few slight signals is all though. Russia is all about countries being able to bomb and kill whoever they need to in order to bring rebellious regions under control, so perhaps they won't help again this time (Ukraine will not be surprised by Russian military attacking them this time). But this is months away so...
I can only laugh at this point, or rather chuckle.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:18 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Unfortunately the Sputnik vaccine doesn't work against variants in South Africa and Brazil:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1254660v2.full

To be fair, this is similar to the Chinese and AZ vaccine results.
Quote from article:
Quote:
Although we stress that the Gameyla Sputnik V vaccine is likely to retain strong efficacy at preventing severe COVID-19, even in the case of infection by VOC, our data reveal a concerning potential of B.1.351, and to a lesser extent, any variant carrying the E484K substitution (e.g. P.2), to escape the neutralizing antibody responses that this immunization elicits. Furthermore, we acknowledge that in vivo protective efficacy can be derived from Fc effector functions of antibodies that bind but do not neutralize. In addition, an adenoviral vectored vaccine should induce potent cell-mediated immunity against multiple epitopes, which were not measured in our study. Nevertheless, given the crucial roles neutralizing antibodies play in preventing infection, our results suggest that updated SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will be necessary to eliminate the virus.
I think this is a normal situation. Vaccines will be updated to catch up with mutations of the virus, just like for the flu, for example.

Quote:
My advice is to get Pfizer, Moderna or JNJ if you want to not get sick.
No problem, you can use it, if you have these vaccines and delivery devices.

Old 04-07-2021, 01:22 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
But this is months away so...
Climatic conditions dictate their own rules. The optimal start of hostilities on the territory of Russia (Ukraine) is May-June. Considering that Ukraine has already started moving troops, May is more likely.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:53 PM

Another day, another death.

This time around two teenagers were blown up on a landmine. One is shell-shocked, another one is dead.

The OSCE has finally arrived to examine the place of death of a 4-year old. (14:15)

It has been confirmed that the explosive has been dropped from above.

So no more "land mine stored unsafely in a garage along with pickled cucumbers" stories.

Other than that - the more I am listening to the rest of the news, the less I exclude the military confrontation.
The possibility of it is definitely growing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL-E7X5SS1A

P.S. Yesterday, when T. Montyan threw accusations towards Russia as a party guilty of collaborating with the criminal regime in Kiev, (and thus partially bearing the responsibility for the death of civilians in Donbass,) some anchor people in studio raised their brows, while the host of the "60 minutes" O. Skabeeva responded without hesitation: "it's hard to argue with that."

Which indicates to me that the mood in the Russian government started to change.

Last edited by erasure; 04-07-2021 at 10:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe